May 15, 2024, 09:20:59 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Car Crashes  (Read 8778 times)

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Car Crashes
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 03:42:50 pm »
Even the OP stated that it wasn't his finest idea, but as annoying as it might be, it might deter people putting all their eggs (loot) in one basket (car), which is probably a good thing.

If not car crashes specifically, how about something like, car damage from traveling is randomized instead of being so predictable, that way "car crashes" as they now occur (damage reaches 100%, car stops), might actually be a proper worry, constant maintenance would be rewarded and tough vehicles like the Hummer would be a lot more efficient in terms of toughness (but still be fuel guzzlers).

Arcanix

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 04:00:41 pm »
Thank you Beer.

This forum would be a very different place if the people suggesting changes or new things had to put in a little of their own personal time and effort.

The twenty seconds required to bang out grunts on a keyboard is far easier than thinking about an idea, building a map or writing code, testing it, bug fixing it, and then posting.

I'm sure Kilgore will die of shock the day that happens.

This.
But I'm absolutely safe because such thing will never happen :P

Anyway, I'm asking myself what would be the purpose of such encounter and I find no answer. If this would be a normal encounter, then argh, maybe it would be funny for the first time, but it would be extremely annoying after that.

"Variety" is not the answer. If you want a new special encounter, then please, come up with something reasonable and interesting, not a piece of dense forest in the middle of desert waiting for you to chop chop chop. This looks kinda boring.

That answers some of the issues addressed in the suggestion forum.

1. Variaty is not a valid reason to suggest something. Alright Kilgore....
2. This particular car suggestion is a no go.
3. Kilgore is perfectly fine with suggestions without handing in beta testable products. Though its desirebale.

There we go then...

Even the OP stated that it wasn't his finest idea, but as annoying as it might be, it might deter people putting all their eggs (loot) in one basket (car), which is probably a good thing.

Ummm....yeah. Yesterday i talked to a guy boasting about having "literally 500 laser rifles", for what purpose wasnt even addressed.

I like this car crashing idea....i mean you do not have to make it into a mjor feat if its bothering you so much. Just make it a forced encounter and the car nailed to a rock with X% damage sustained. This particular encounter could rest heavily on the luck attribute. No such skill as piloting in this game so nothing there.....though you should be able to repair the car with a super toolkit and the repair skill. If you cant and your car is busted beyond repair...grab what you can and say byebye to everything else. This added wasteland tention enrich this game alot i think.

Courier 4

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 05:25:43 pm »
Arcanix summed up the purpose of this mechanic. As Blarney stated, I merely suggested it and thought it would be a bit of a terrible idea, I'm sure if I didn't mention the perception limit people would be hazing this post more.
Renamed as Courier-4 since reroll (is that even worth mentioning?).

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2015, 05:36:47 pm »
If it's not a total destruction of the car these poors who can only afford a single cockroach might stop crying.  I think perhaps if it drops the car by 50% condition + fuel and is random it could be interesting.

Arcanix

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2015, 05:44:36 pm »
If you want your clan/guild mates to save the day...put a flare up. Im sure there are tricks other than that to get around this.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:47:30 pm by Arcanix »

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 07:14:32 pm »
Do you have any idea how negative you are in every thread you appear in?
lol, how exactly am I being negative? Just because I don't agree with the suggestion, I'm a negative person now? Some amazing logic you got there.

Pretty much what gooseberry said will be my response.

100% agree with gooseberry and yuno. There has been similar suggestions before about encounters where you crash your car and they were denied for good reason. Namely that 99% of players will hardcore rage when they crash their car and lose it + their loot while also adding nothing fun to the game. and gooseberry trust me, its better to simply ignore all of arcanix posts in this section of forum because no matter how logical and well made your post is he will read it wrong and say completely irrelevant things and turn whole thread into giant forum pvp. kilgore wont be swayed by such things and will deny badly made suggestions anyways.
And yea, best to ignore the bot. He's an instigator for forum PvP. Can't wait for kilgore to ban him.
Spoiler: show

Arcanix

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 07:44:28 pm »
Do you have any idea how negative you are in every thread you appear in?
lol, how exactly am I being negative? Just because I don't agree with the suggestion, I'm a negative person now? Some amazing logic you got there.

Pretty much what gooseberry said will be my response.

100% agree with gooseberry and yuno. There has been similar suggestions before about encounters where you crash your car and they were denied for good reason. Namely that 99% of players will hardcore rage when they crash their car and lose it + their loot while also adding nothing fun to the game. and gooseberry trust me, its better to simply ignore all of arcanix posts in this section of forum because no matter how logical and well made your post is he will read it wrong and say completely irrelevant things and turn whole thread into giant forum pvp. kilgore wont be swayed by such things and will deny badly made suggestions anyways.
And yea, best to ignore the bot. He's an instigator for forum PvP. Can't wait for kilgore to ban him.

You go from abusive to defensive then to memory loss and denail. You say you dont want to play the blame game but you do nothing but.

its not about my logic ability its about perception of you behavior.

You post useless spam whereever you go on these boards. Your post here is a testament to that. Now you try to hijack this thread aswell because youre salty about me calling you out on your bullshit, in another thread.  :facepalm

lol, how exactly am I being negative?

Forgot to answer that with examples...cant be arsed with all the -1 replies but here it is.

Maisky stop being a piece of shit.

Who knew that Maisky would be such a khan dick sucker  :'(

What's the whole point of this?

Are you attempting to troll or something?

and no fking pvp at all. ppl in my ts stay all day in afk channel and some times cry in chat. so do i.
Well...people are basically playing the same game for almost 2+ years now? They have to get bored sometime.

I'd get bored too....especially with no new changes or nothing.

I suggest go try out other servers :P

Is this some sort of joke?  :o

No, youre a joke.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:15:38 pm by Arcanix »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 09:07:13 pm »
-1 People use cars to travel fast across the wasteland. Not to get into some crash.I'm not even sure how this "crash" will happen.

Do you have any idea how much this will ruin PvP players?
Honestly this would enhance PVP, meaning people can turtle less in cars.

But as for the topic
Cars are used to move fast, and are meant to be less annoying than walking, I could see piloting being a skill if you could drive on encounters.
In Maintenance Mode.

Arcanix

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 09:56:02 pm »
If you allowed the Piloting skill you could allow for the Gunner perk.

Gunner perk: +10% chance to hit from a moving vehicle.

Now...you can add all sorts of fun features and mechanics with this. Alot of vehicles in the game as is. (Should add the APC and tank though).

An example would be that you could sit in the vehicle in a flare and shoot people. (Ya you need to tweak the perk to allow this).The car hp would be your fake temporary hps. When the car get wrecked you either get ejected out or you die in it. That 10% buff should stack with everything else to hit related. The only options you have in TB combat is to fire your selected gun or step outside.

The moving vehicle part....allow people to drive the car in an encounter. Not in TB but in RT. Ever Heard of "Driveby shootin?".

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 03:25:18 am »
Sorry to waste your wet dreams...but who the f*ck gonna write scripts, make animations and all that shit. I guess not you, so I'm afraid no-one else too. Im not against new features and new stuff. You can check it in my own suggestion threads. Just...be more realistic and leave dreams for the late night hours in your bed. Suggestions section doesn't need any of our ideas that would require few guys able to make it and spending on this month at least. Just think straight, without this impossible shit....please.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:27:15 am by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 03:35:01 am »
Not sure why you're bringing post from forum PvP to here. It's completely irrelevant.

If you allowed the Piloting skill you could allow for the Gunner perk.

Gunner perk: +10% chance to hit from a moving vehicle.

Now...you can add all sorts of fun features and mechanics with this. Alot of vehicles in the game as is. (Should add the APC and tank though).

An example would be that you could sit in the vehicle in a flare and shoot people. (Ya you need to tweak the perk to allow this).The car hp would be your fake temporary hps. When the car get wrecked you either get ejected out or you die in it. That 10% buff should stack with everything else to hit related. The only options you have in TB combat is to fire your selected gun or step outside.

The moving vehicle part....allow people to drive the car in an encounter. Not in TB but in RT. Ever Heard of "Driveby shootin?"
lol are you serious about this suggestion? Be realistic. This isn't Tactics and FOnline engine could not do this.

Pretty much what Mad Matt said. Now you're probably gonna say this is useless spam, agreesive post for some reason...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:37:34 am by Yuno-Gasai »

Arcanix

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 06:43:10 am »
Sorry to waste your wet dreams...but who the f*ck gonna write scripts, make animations and all that shit. I guess not you, so I'm afraid no-one else too. Im not against new features and new stuff.

Matt, you guys want features and new stuff but none of you want to do anything about it. Not even allowing yourselves to accept ideas. (In some cases any ideas for any reason). No variety and it has to be canon lore. I dont want to be a pain in your collective ass but dont bitch if the game is boring.

If the suggestion cant be used as is, be inspired by the concept and tweak it to fit FOnline. Simple. Dont dismiss it outright with a "FUCK NO!!!!".

Was asked to look into Small Guns and Energy Weapons because some felt those features needed some love. Well i cant do that...the suggestions to my knowledge has been labeled "Fuck no, man!". Then "Just increase the damage on existing weapons".

So, yeah....add a locker in Reno then...have fun.

Not sure why you're bringing post from forum PvP to here. It's completely irrelevant.

You asked me a question.

lol, how exactly am I being negative?

Now youre satly because you didnt like that answer. LMAO!

Now you're probably gonna say this is useless spam, agreesive post for some reason...

Yeah. Add that post of yours to that list. You never learn do you. Was the meeting with the Pope fruitful? LMAO

AHEM, yeah....there you go.  ;D

.....no wait....just....a...second. What about....

This isnt even forum pvp anymore the last 4 pages of this were just insults posted by the same 4-5 what has happened this server...
lol server is dead

just look at it, only 1 gang and a group of allies (Mod, TTTLA, riot team, old virgins, ex-BSG) that are PvPing right now

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:48:25 am by Arcanix »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 11:51:51 am »
To your information.
I'm already in the middle of reworking small guns (to make those more lethal, just need more feedback and Kilgore's approval). I'm at the beggining on bringing new town with few new quest to our game, and I'm making it all alone. Without anyone help, and I don't post it here cause I have big road ahead of me to do this job. See difference ?
I'm working on game engine, trying to add new features and still talk about only this what I had finnished. You didn't even made a single graphic or didn't write a single line of code and yelling in 10 threads about new ideas. Compare my suggestion about buffing small guns and your about new minigun. My have images and very complex info about every, I repeat EVERY weapon and you didn't suggest single weapon stats. Make something, work on something than suggest. I'm once again not against New ideas, I was thinking about adding Fallout Tactics feature about cars. But I fall on knees before thousand hours of work for entire team of guys who would know what to do. It would be thousand of hours for them, funny how long it would take to someone like me who just start modding/changing game....
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 12:17:12 pm »
Matt, looks like only canon weapons are accepted. Those images does already exist.

Suggestions is where it all starts. Take this car crash thread...great idea. Talking about it is the way to refine that idea. Making something on your own only to get it shot down by selfrighteous asswipes like Yuno-Gasai is a waste of time. Feedback, is talking about it....

Sounds cool if you got all that going..i do hope your work doesnt get shot down. I really do.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2015, 12:27:22 pm »
To your information.
I'm already in the middle of reworking small guns... bla bla bla...
Who cares about reworking of small guns? We have too many of them in the game.
To your information.
I'm already in the end of anti-cheat system for FO:R (failure with recognize connections from the same LAN/IP).
I'm already in the end with translation to polish language (dialogs).
I'm in the end with some locations also with these from MIB's MM.
Many more.
Who cares?