May 10, 2024, 12:00:00 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Zero Player Encounters - Bug or Feature?  (Read 11063 times)

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Player Encounters - Bug or Feature?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 06:31:22 am »
I think highest level in party decide about encountering other players

Martyr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 08:28:36 am »
Must be totally disabled then.

My 0XP level 1 alt encountered someone walking to town from the spawn point.

What is the level where you should begin to encounter other players, and vice versa?

apocalypseman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 08:53:43 am »
I encountered someone, although this person was greened. We were both about 6th level or higher. I got which zone.
Adapt to the harshness or become one with the dust.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:44 am »
Must be totally disabled then.

My 0XP level 1 alt encountered someone walking to town from the spawn point.

What is the level where you should begin to encounter other players, and vice versa?

It is disabled currently. Check the latest changelog.

wladimiiir

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 01:26:21 pm »
Personally for me it is frustrating to get killed by players in encounters even if I am experienced. I have no intention for PvP, I just want to gather some resources, craft, sell it, etc., maybe do some PvE and I bet there are more people like me out there. My suggestion would be to have option to "turn off" possibility to encounter other players and to be encountered by other players. This option would be up to every player, how he would want to have it set. As a downfall for this, e.g. you would not be able to send distress on encounter, or there would be more frequent "encounter mobs" for the player.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 01:29:05 pm »
Personally for me it is frustrating to get killed by players in encounters even if I am experienced. I have no intention for PvP, I just want to gather some resources, craft, sell it, etc., maybe do some PvE and I bet there are more people like me out there. My suggestion would be to have option to "turn off" possibility to encounter other players and to be encountered by other players. This option would be up to every player, how he would want to have it set. As a downfall for this, e.g. you would not be able to send distress on encounter, or there would be more frequent "encounter mobs" for the player.
Well then.
What is the purpose of playing FOnline?

wladimiiir

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 01:33:40 pm »
What is the purpose of playing any game?
For me it is to have fun. And if fun is gathering or crafting and no fun is getting killed every time I go to an encounter...why not to have such possibility in game via some option?

Knife_cz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 02:01:38 pm »
For me it is to have fun. And if fun is gathering or crafting and no fun is getting killed every time I go to an encounter...why not to have such possibility in game via some option?
You can play Fallout 1/2/3/NV if you don't want players to encounter. And that is a fact.

wladimiiir

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 02:08:05 pm »
Thank you. That is great idea!!! How come I didn't think of it myself? ???

I have no idea why you are trying to "over-argue" me. I shared my point of view and I really don't care if it makes into the game or not. I don't think it will somehow affect your gameplay if it would be implemented anyway.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:10:54 pm by wladimiiir »

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 02:12:56 pm »
You can play Fallout 1/2/3/NV if you don't want players to encounter. And that is a fact.
Reloaded is not Counter Strike. Here you can craft, do quests, explore, etc. so as you can see it's not only a pure pvp team death match.
If you want to do only pure PvP go somewhere else, there are others Fonline mods. Don't try to limit others only because you don't like something.

Knife_cz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 02:48:54 pm »
Reloaded is not Counter Strike. Here you can craft, do quests, explore, etc. so as you can see it's not only a pure pvp team death match.
If you want to do only pure PvP go somewhere else, there are others Fonline mods. Don't try to limit others only because you don't like something.
When did I ever said I want to do pure PvP? Stop twisting shit. All I am saying that encountering players - in towns, in encounters is part of this game, if you do not want any players to interfere then I once again don't see a reason for you to play, since you can basically do quests/encounters and exploring in Fallout 1/2

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »
Chill out man, no need for cursing. It's not about either having player encounters or not having them at all. It's about meeting low levels only which is part of low level player protection that's all. And such protection should be there. In that form or other.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 04:56:58 pm »
Work In Progress

Martyr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 05:02:11 pm »
I hope this doesn't turn into a PK thread, those derail quickly.

I'd be cool with not being able to encounter low level players or be encountered at low level, or having the ability to turn it on/off, or even a nub island somewhere out in the middle of the ocean on the part of the map we never see.

TLA2 does something similar, and it doesn't seem to affect the game negatively too much.

However it's important to remember that dungeons and other public locations still put all players at risk. NPC mobs are plenty dangerous to new players (not new alts of old players). It's still full loot.

Low level protection isn't going to break my game, I doubt it will break anyone else's.

Besides, if it helps grow the community I'm all for it. The new player retention in these games sucks, in part (not all) because of some of the players in the community.

You can still say "Go cry moar nub, wasteland is harsh", but that just proves the point.

Don't care if you agree with me, it's just a personal opinion born of years of being a PK.

I'm simply curious what the solution will be.

apocalypseman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 05:55:06 pm »
You are about to force everyone I know from playing this game to quitting. Once you turned off the low level protection everyone I play with has been pked multiple times.

Many of these players I know who are playing here, quit FOnline 2 because of this. The pking there, in my opinion, got out of hand. Many people left because of that or they rarely play anymore in general.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:24:40 pm by apocalypseman »
Adapt to the harshness or become one with the dust.