May 18, 2024, 02:10:15 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Most Players don't use the forums.  (Read 1091 times)

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
Most Players don't use the forums.
« on: March 30, 2014, 06:33:57 am »
Like 95% of the people I meet in the game don't even have a forum account despite needing desperate help with the game...

Any possible reason for this?

I've helped like 20 people in the past few days get past shoveling poo at the HUB or worse not a single one has posted on the forums asking for help.

They know about the forums when I tell them though so its not like they didn't know it exists.

Is it simply because people don't see the forums as a place for information?
If you need help with anything feel free to PM me.

I'll help the best I can. Oh yeah I'm also a Wiki Editor.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
Re: Most Players don't use the forums.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 10:25:10 am »
Like 95% of the people I meet in the game don't even have a forum account despite needing desperate help with the game...

Any possible reason for this?

I've helped like 20 people in the past few days get past shoveling poo at the HUB or worse not a single one has posted on the forums asking for help.

They know about the forums when I tell them though so its not like they didn't know it exists.

Is it simply because people don't see the forums as a place for information?
Because they are lazy and retarded, that or they are already part of multiple forums/communities that they do not feel like committing to another one.

But I agree with you, it is not smart. I always try and be active on the forums of the games I play. I find it great for getting tips and help from other players and you get the know the communitie a bit.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:29:03 am »
Most people are too lazy to read basic things on wiki or ask on irc, and you expect them to post on forum?

Strike

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 11:19:10 am »
I think some forum sections should be "private", and guests can't see what is happening there. They can see them after registered.

- News and Announcements (If guest would be interested to see what updates there are, guest is ready to support and register to forums)
- Events & Competitions (Same as above, guest support server by registering to forums)
- Bugs (Guests could use exploits, if they find ones from the bugs section)

And also forum need some other upgrades like these.

- New users can create new topic after 5 or 10 posts, or account been active for week or two.
- Timelimit for new created topics, to prevent forum alts spam on the forums.

As above suggestion, I think there should be actually reason why would people register on the forums. To support server.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:31:08 am by Strike »