May 13, 2024, 06:30:00 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Need build input.  (Read 5509 times)

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
Need build input.
« on: January 02, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »
For an EW sniper, it'll be using a laser rifle.
http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=12353

It has exactly the same sight as the weapons range when drugs are included. (Psycho, jet, nuka, beer, cig, buffout)
It's not built to have room for implants, it needs to be pvp useable without such planned. I'll make a new build that'll use implants once I have access to such.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

bish001

• View Profile
Re: Need build input.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:50:50 pm »
seems like too much str, after drugs you will have 9? id say 1 str, also why tag small guns? id tag something more useful like first aid or sneak maybe.
Also maybe a diff perk from sharpshooter, I`d pick ranged dmg or living anatomy or even lifegiver ++
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:55:05 pm by bish001 »

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 01:23:02 pm »
seems like too much str, after drugs you will have 9? id say 1 str, also why tag small guns? id tag something more useful like first aid or sneak maybe.
Also maybe a diff perk from sharpshooter, I`d pick ranged dmg or living anatomy or even lifegiver ++
No, after drugs it'll have 6 str, which is the weapon check for a laser rifle.
Ranged damage is no good for a sniper, it's only good for a burster. Sharpshooter is required to get my sight to 47 (the guns range) after using drugs.

There's the build with drugs.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 01:35:44 pm »
You don't need strength to meet the check for the weapon you plan to use. As long as you max the gun skill and have 2-3ish str you should have a 95% hit chance. You'll have to play with the build planner to see. Also put 100 into science so you can level enough. The tags seem fine. And try to put more points into lk. Snipers need it for the crits they rely on.

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 01:40:37 pm »
You don't need strength to meet the check for the weapon you plan to use. As long as you max the gun skill and have 2-3ish str you should have a 95% hit chance. You'll have to play with the build planner to see. Also put 100 into science so you can level enough. The tags seem fine. And try to put more points into lk. Snipers need it for the crits they rely on.
What if I moved 3 points from str then, so it'd be 2 without drugs and 3 with drugs, then put those into luck for a total of 5 luck?
I'll probably just level the slow way; Mine grinding then making 10mm ammo til level 14 or so, then hunting centaurs and floaters for the rest of my levels. Especially if I need to max my gun skill, I'll need to pour all my points into that or else I'll be leveling all the way to 80 or so before being pvp ready haha.

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 03:31:34 pm »
What if I moved 3 points from str then, so it'd be 2 without drugs and 3 with drugs, then put those into luck for a total of 5 luck?
I'll probably just level the slow way; Mine grinding then making 10mm ammo til level 14 or so, then hunting centaurs and floaters for the rest of my levels. Especially if I need to max my gun skill, I'll need to pour all my points into that or else I'll be leveling all the way to 80 or so before being pvp ready haha.
You also should not use beer for a sniper. It is only useful on a tank. 5% Dr won't help you nearly as much as the perception will. And that will be a long boring grind leveling with just pve.

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 03:35:50 pm »
You also should not use beer for a sniper. It is only useful on a tank. 5% Dr won't help you nearly as much as the perception will. And that will be a long boring grind leveling with just pve.
Oh good point. I can take two points off PE then, I guess stick those in luck too. Take off the sg tag and put it on science so I can just read books for the 100 science skill for crafting. Sound good?

shaila

• Supporter
  • you were critically hit in the ass by no damage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 03:44:35 pm »
the point here is (at least by mi opinion). laser rifle its only a useful weapon for snipe (or turn base fast shoot spammer with 15ap). also, snipers need most of  shots to be critical. so you need (and always need) 10 luck. sience there is no lvl cap and you can get 300 skill in any weapon. should be good to have 1 str cause the penalties of the lack of strenght you dont gonna feel it (with 300% in the gunskill). laser rifle have low range and dont need sharpshooter perk to get the maximun range to shoot (well it needs it but if you wear a combat armor with more pe you will get almost the max range of it) so better than sharpshooter will be more useful even tougher. the tags and the traits are fine, all i can say its if you dont take bone head you will die every and every time, i know a full implanted character without it and any shoot to eyes or head its like a nuclear bomb to the hp. and the tags maybe dont tag od and tag fa, why? cause you can lvl 60 skill points in od and max cap are 175 and fa cant lvl it with books and cap is 200. also if you dont have "sets of gear" in your tents dropped in the floor (to press ctrl g and pickup all ammo armor weapon drugs stimpaks) have no advantage 175 od but anyway if can get 150 its ok cause can evade almost all of encounters and have good travel speed.anyway its hard to make a good sniper without special implants cause needs high pe and high luck and like all high en if you want to use psycho.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 03:47:02 pm »
Oh lord...this isn't even a sniper   :o

You're gonna need 10 LK! !! Always for a sniper. This build is a failure with 2 LK and 5 strength. 1 strength is fine for snipers even though you don't meet the gun requirements.

Also don't bother with psycho or beer on a sniper build, they're meant to be weak and bad damage resistance. With psycho you'll just lose sight range which is the most important thing for a sniper.

1 thing you did get right is the perks. But I don't have right between the eyes on my bozar sniper and still do good criticals to head/eyes. So dunno if you should take that or something useful like action boy, or a 3rd lifegiver.

I suggest to tag small guns and use the Gauss rifle/ sniper. Both of them are good since enemies wear Tesla helmets most of the time. You can still save this build if you make Intelligence and strength both 1, dump into luck and maybe 8 PE so you can have 10 LK.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:52:01 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 03:50:02 pm »
Oh good point. I can take two points off PE then, I guess stick those in luck too. Take off the sg tag and put it on science so I can just read books for the 100 science skill for crafting. Sound good?
No I would keep the points in PE as it will be better than luck. If you drop points then drop them from EN since you will likely die in a few hits anyway. Also keep the tag on SG as you will need to fall back to that if am enemy is wearing all Tesla or PA. Just read science books and level science without the tag.

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 04:31:49 pm »
Alright, the sniper is totally glass now, but considering the weapon range is 47, the whole idea is to kill them without being seen anyway, so it's fine.
http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=12361
Not bad, though at 45 hex's the calc says it's only got an 88% hit chance to the eyes. I could offset that with a +7 acc weapon though right?
With the lower str and en, lifegivers etc weren't available either. Grabbed toughness because it was that or quick pockets. Nothing really useful was available due to the low SPECIAL areas.
But I like these odds.
Spoiler: show

Now using only jet, since there's 1 str anyway.
How's that?

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 04:44:24 pm »
Alright, the sniper is totally glass now, but considering the weapon range is 47, the whole idea is to kill them without being seen anyway, so it's fine.
So you need a Gauss sniper with sharpshooter. Good Rocket Launcher tank has 10 PE +implant+psycho+cigs (no beer) gives range of 50, so your argument is invalid. :D

Laser Rifle sucks. If you're not making EW sniper heading Turbo, don't even start it (if you want to PvP ofc). 2LK with a sniper sounds like you're going to get wrecked much by every other build. :D

I've already wrote something about snipers, read:
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=6625.msg50052#msg50052

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 04:50:43 pm »
So you need a Gauss sniper with sharpshooter. Good Rocket Launcher tank has 10 PE +implant+psycho+cigs (no beer) gives range of 50, so your argument is invalid. :D

Laser Rifle sucks. If you're not making EW sniper heading Turbo, don't even start it (if you want to PvP ofc). 2LK with a sniper sounds like you're going to get wrecked much by every other build. :D

Like I've said, for now I don't have access to uncraftable guns. I'm trying to work with what I can get.

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »

Like I've said, for now I don't have access to uncraftable guns. I'm trying to work with what I can get.
Laser rifle is good if they aren't wearing Tesla helm/pa helm etc. That's why its good to have SG as a backup. Normal snipers aren't great either but if they have tesla on you can still get some good hits in. But since snipers can't take any hits I always recommend sneak for them. An extra point in str should also fix you 88 hit chance so either drop 1 end point get +str armor or you can deal with it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »
 I heavily suggest to make small guns your main skill. Gauss rifle has 53 range while laser is 47. you'll also be seen with laser due to the tracer it shoots. Also players use power armor and laser is worthless against it. You can also damage PA at least with a sniper rifle. You can use pulse rifle but enemy.snipers aim for snipers, and they'll out range you with Gauss/sniper  rifle.