May 03, 2024, 08:50:28 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Smoke grenade.  (Read 1334 times)

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Smoke grenade.
« on: January 07, 2016, 10:19:04 pm »
Throwing a new type of grenade, the smoke grenade would create a smoke at a target area.

Technically it is possible, I just tested the smoke effect. The question is, if you guys want such tools at disposal.

My definition of smoke grenade would be:

Smoke area/spreading:
1. Smoke starts to spread in around the target hex, becoming up to a 3 sized area-hex. (the sides of the area-hex are 3 hexes)
2. If the smoke cannot spread in the area, or if it finds that it started in a closed area, (something with roof) the smoke would spread to fill the small room/tent, effectively smoking someone out.
3. Smoke would spread and disappear at a medium pace, maybe lasting a total of 10 seconds and spreading to full size under 3 seconds?

Smoke effects:
1. Reduced chance to hit over smoke. It would act like a blocking critter, (currently each blocking target add's -10 to hit chance) but with different hit chance effect?
2. Causes poison if character stays in smoke for more than X seconds. (basically one should be able to run through it, and if poison damage get's reworked, maybe it would be a factor)
3. Characters being in smoke, get a temporary blind debuff, when they leave the smoke, they can see again almost instantly.

Constraints:
1. Shall throwing skill or anything else affect anything? Like effectiveness of smoke, area size, etc.
2. The shall be a timer on smoke grenade throwing, (this timer does not have to be like the normal timers, one could have more charges to spend which would regenerate slowly until player has max charges again, if player has at least one charge they can throw a grenade)

Note: I was thinking on this throw smoke grenade cooldown only because I do not know how clients will handle the effects of too much smoke. I suggest this CD shall be higher than the duration of the smoke, to ensure, that there are not more smokes on the map than players. Smokes = smoke areas, that could mean 19 smoke hexes per player.

Craftable: Flare + tobacco? or just lootable from encounters, containers.

What do you guys think? Looking for ideas, about effects, constraints, etc.

Edit: Effect on sneak as well?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:25:05 pm by Slowhand »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke grenade.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:29:30 pm »

It will  be dope as fuck, but on a server where you can't CTRL burst, they will be OP as fuck.

But if they add CTRL bursting then yeah +1

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 11:13:35 pm »
that sounds cool

but
"1. Shall throwing skill or anything else affect anything? Like effectiveness of smoke, area size, etc."
throwing skill should not affect anything because that forces alts, you'd see players bring throwing alt to smoke up campers inside building then leaving to worldmap to bring their normal char in

edit: if another smoke grenade would be thrown to or near a hex that already has smoke then it shouldnt have effect, to prevent smoke spam

and it should just be added for a test period so that if it turns out to be bad for pvp or abusive then it can be removed
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:22:58 pm by Hungry Hungry Shark »

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 12:57:10 pm »
1.would people in PA be immune to tear gas?
2.can we build smoke masks?
3.can we ad smoke masks to helmets?
4.the ghoul and mutant races should have resistance/immunity.
5.helmets with eye protection + goggles should grant immunity to blind.
6.throwing should not affect the smoke. that woud make it OP for throwers or underpowered for people with average throw.
7.if no breathing protection people get knocked out after a long time in smoke.
8.give it a level 30 requirement.

I was just thinking about suggesting this as a ninja type of smoke bomb, so you can sneak if you spawn surrounded by enemies.
               -5 hexes wide and grant 99999% sneak for 1 turn - 5 seconds - long CD
               -you make a sneak roll with high bonuses to keep sneak when you leave the smoke