May 21, 2024, 02:24:16 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: make food and drink give experience  (Read 2185 times)

Hungry Hungry Shark

make food and drink give experience
« on: April 30, 2016, 08:24:24 am »
Recently thread some players wanted food and drink. I suggest add food and drink give experience, finding it will help in leveling up.

Monsters like molerat could even drop meat that can be cooked in fireplace options into steak and give even more experience.

Why? New players would have a goal, purpose to scavenge for food to level up. They would learn the mechanics of the game in a fun survival type scenario. By adding another way to level up, new players can level up faster while also exploring the wasteland in search of food. Experienced players know that the game starts after level 24. Statistics show that noobs who level up to level 24 have a more positive opinion of the game and are more likely to continue playing.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
Re: make food and drink give experience
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 08:54:28 am »
Really small, temporary, random bonuses are fine.

I like level up possibilities by adding tons of quests (with reasonable rewards, 500 exp for single quest is a shit) repeatable jobs (500 exp is a shit here too), crafting, "conventional farming", collect varying things, building a farm (FOnline Shelter) and etc.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 12:28:04 pm »
I said it once and i will repeat what i can accept
Food:"you are well feed now and have the strength to carry some more stuff" and put here some small bonus to carry weight
Water:"your brain is well hydrated now and you fell that you can learn now a bit more" and put here some small exp gain bonus
Aaaand sorry for my english :)

Praise the sun!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 06:13:07 pm »
Good thing you started a new thread to expound on the existing thread, it was becoming almost unreadable at a massive 3 pages in length.

Good job.

⛧Donnie Darko⛧

• Supporter
  • Dirty, Mean, and Most Importantly Rude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 08:12:43 pm »
Shark... Thats actually a mega fucking good idea. Love it

*eats iguana on a stick* LEVEL UP!

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 12:43:07 am »
Actually not bad of an idea, but most food/water items can be used for jobs. Consuming food/water normally just grants HP. But leveling from 0 to 50 by just eating Iguana-on-a-stick? Seems kind of silly.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 01:09:16 am »
But leveling from 0 to 50 by just eating Iguana-on-a-stick? Seems kind of silly.

Mmmm all that iguana protein makes you stronger

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 05:14:01 am »
Crafting already gives you exp. This would probably not even be as easy as crafting if you make it like a cap an exp.
Crafting earns you money this would be a money sink.
In Maintenance Mode.

Toaster

• You're toast!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 08:53:55 pm »
Maybe. For food items, it would make them actually useful since most players would rather use stimpaks or super stimpaks to heal instead of eating food. Not for water, though. You can easily get infinite water from tents/safe houses, so it would really just be a spam fest. Even if it had a cooldown, it'd still be free XP that you gain by doing nothing.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 08:59:40 pm »
As it was said, food for more carry weight as drugs, and drinks for 5/10% exp boost.
GUN FOR HIRE

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 07:02:20 pm »
I can see it now...

The primary target of future base rapes - will be to get into the Meat Locker!

Then you're going to have an army of raiders mowing down on an epic feast, eating dog jerky, frutis, and what not as fast as possible to level up! LOL :)

+1