May 10, 2024, 02:24:52 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Client problems  (Read 8861 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Client problems
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:26:34 am »
If you still have problems with launching the game, describe it here please. We'll try to help.

Jerry

• View Profile
Re: Client problems
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:28:10 pm »
Hey everyone
I am running ubuntu 13.04 and have followed the installation instruction from here: http://www.lgdb.org/game/fonline
but I can't get through logging to the server. I choose name, stats etc. and when I try to play I'm getting "cannot connect to the server" error. I haven't found any info that servers are down. Need your assistance guys.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »

noneF

• Tell your mum, tell your dad that noneF is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 04:17:11 pm »
Hello!
I played FOnline: Reloaded from start and I have no problem with the game until today. When I lunch game from FOnline.exe (and with everything else) this happens. I tried to reinstall game client - nothing, download one more time game client from this link http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1.0 - still the same error screen. Im running windows 7. Please help!

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 04:38:49 pm »
Server was moved, new IP: 188.165.225.167

noneF

• Tell your mum, tell your dad that noneF is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 04:41:43 pm »
Yup. Thx for help.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »
Hi all.
I already downloaded the game in short version on my first computer. Everything worked perfectly.
Then I downloaded the short version on my second computer and got following problems: It asked me Master and Critter .dat and also asked me to launch the updater. M&ะก.dat were already there and ther is no updater...
Well I downloaded the longest version. When I launched FOnline.exe, or even FOnlineGL it said that Fallout data is missing and that I must run the updater. I changed the IP adress. Nothing happened.
What the fuck gentlemens ? How to solve that shit ?

vjekof

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 10:25:30 pm »
i had same problem in the beginning... no data..... so i deleted completely FOnline Reloaded folder and than star again.... if you try to install over LIGHT version it will not work.... some files will be missing... so do it from beginning....

post the result...
HELP ME REPAIR WIKI IT IS HERE FOR YOU NOT FOR ME, HELPING ME HELP YOURSELF!!!!

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 10:45:15 pm »
Made it at least three times and redownloaded it twice. Still the same weird shit.

vjekof

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 10:59:33 pm »
slowly check file by file, files in installed folder with those in ZIP file (open zip file on the side of file manager window) (when i installed first time some files did not extract) if something missing, that means that your files did not extract completely (check hdd free space), and once i got some error and i checked it on internet and it said that i need to install .net 3.5 or 4.0 to repair that error.... i don't know why but now it is working.... on both computers (big and laptop), AND don't forget to check your config files (both of them) and after setting IP, VIDEO, and other things you want to setup, DON'T FORGET TO SAVE.

if you still have a problem send post.... with error messages...
HELP ME REPAIR WIKI IT IS HERE FOR YOU NOT FOR ME, HELPING ME HELP YOURSELF!!!!

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 07:17:44 am »
I tried to check, and the problem still remains the same. BUT. I opened DataFiles.cfg and deleted the line "include Datafiles22238". Now when I try to launch the game, it says that only "data\faction.zip" is missing and that I shall run the updater. What else should I do ?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 07:21:31 am »
I think that DocAn had similar problem but with mapper. What's your OS? Windows 8?

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 07:43:24 am »
Windows 7 freshly reinstalled. First I had directX problem. But I updated it and the problem was solved. I dont know where the problem might be. I had so many fonlines before and on my second laptop it worked without any problems.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 08:37:16 am »
Problem solved.
I had the game hidden in folders, and one of these folders was written in cyrillic. I overwrote the cyrillics to latin letters It works perfectly

gnjisa

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 12:33:44 pm »
Ok I downloaded the game (full client), works perfectly on my home computer (windows 7), stops loading on my work computer (windows xp).

I am using vpn tuneling software to dig a hole in my corporate FW to be able to play, which sometimes can get laggy.

Here is what I am repeatedly getting on Fonline.log:
Context info<Game>.Script::PrepareContext - Invalid bind id<0>.

...and here is what I get while the game is loading:

http://postimg.org/image/40qwthfgh/

And it is endless waiting from there on...

The screen responds to ESC button only which then leads me to the following:
http://postimg.org/image/6gxbl2mwx/ (the very same screen which loads immediately if I don't have a working connection or try logging without proxy tunnel).

I did reinstalling the client already, didn't work. Help :)

PS. oh, there's that Factions.zip file within my already unzipped client directory, it is full of stuff. Is it supposed to remain zipped or should it too be unzipped and if yes then where?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:35:55 pm by gnjisa »