May 10, 2024, 04:35:03 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Viable PvP build?  (Read 7406 times)

Sebelas

• View Profile
Viable PvP build?
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:21:59 pm »
Hi guys.

Been playing fonline reloaded for a couple weeks now.  Picked it back up on a whim (used to play 2238)

Anyway. Loving the changes. Stripped some annoying stuff out. Still probably the best conceptual mmo out there in my opinion.

To use a loosely applicable term. I was here to ask what the current 'meta' of the game is.

Like for 2238 big guns were always the big daddy. I have a big guns character at the moment. But built him pure damage and not a lot else. Ended up with about 185 health. 10AC etc

My questions are:

Is AC worth getting? Seems to me that despite how much health you have. Your down in a couple bursts from a competently played character. logically this would mean lessen your chances of being hit first and foremost.

Is AP. Such as having enough to say for example do 2 bursts a round. Really all that effective? Since most of the times I get gibbed are cause I've fallen into real time combat. Something I'm still learning the finer details about. The rest of the time I play turn based. So it helps there.

I've seen a lot of guides saying if your not going aimed to take only 1 luck. Is this not a recipie for disaster with critical failures etc?

Finally I would like to ask if anyone has a build to recommend given my playstyle. Being. I like big guns. But generally play more defensively. It's easy to open fire on everyone you see. But I don't play this game for that. I like the roleplay aspect. And preffer to give people a chance. My own personal rules of engagement if you like. Given I don't tend to actively pursue players. They usually don't have anything I need and I'd rather make friends then a nemesis.

nevertheless one must defend themselves from those who choose to shoot on sight.

Appreciate you reading the mega block of text if you got that far. Any help or input is appreciated.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
Re: Viable PvP build?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:39:51 pm »
AC isn't worth wasting perks on. You're better off going for a tank build.
10 EN, Bonehead, Adrenaline Rush, Tougness, Even Tougher, Stonewall, Man of Steel, 3x Lifegiver ...
Whatever you can fit into your build and playstyle.

1LK is not as big a drawback as it was when there was a level cap, since you're likely to have low IN.
Now everyone can max their weapon skill and thus minimize misses and critical failures.
I've heard that LK can help to resist the effects of some critical hits though.

AP aren't as important in RT as they are in TB but having as many as possible is still a good choice.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »
Is AC worth getting? Seems to me that despite how much health you have. Your down in a couple bursts from a competently played character. logically this would mean lessen your chances of being hit first and foremost.
In real time AC works only when you run. The only thing that AC modifies is chance to hit of your opponent. Generally it's useless, unless you make AC troll, with perks giving you AC and having Jinxed...

Is AP. Such as having enough to say for example do 2 bursts a round. Really all that effective?
2 bursts instead of one. You can answer this question yourself

I've seen a lot of guides saying if your not going aimed to take only 1 luck. Is this not a recipie for disaster with critical failures etc?
Well, it's good to have few points in luck, as it protect you from crit failures and critical hits made on you.
You can just put 1 point in charisma and keep low int.

Finally I would like to ask if anyone has a build to recommend given my playstyle. Being. I like big guns. But generally play more defensively.
So make a tank. 3x lifegivers, taughness etc. is the way to go.
Use pancor (small guns) or Rocket Launcher (bg) or gatling (energy), as they dont require offensive perks to deal decent damage.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 03:14:43 pm »
So make a tank. 3x lifegivers, taughness etc. is the way to go.
Use pancor (small guns) or Rocket Launcher (bg) or gatling (energy), as they dont require offensive perks to deal decent damage.

It's basicaly the only way to play in PvP right now. Go full tank, add some crits if you can afford it. SPECIAL would depend if you wanna use drugs or not but have at least 6 str for adrenaline rush + stonewall. Other than that pick 3x lifegiver, toughnes(es), bonus rate of fire.
:facepalm

Sebelas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 03:22:26 pm »
2 bursts instead of one. You can answer this question yourself

Ha ha, fair point ;) Perhaps I phrased it badly, I meant more along the lines of, this is obviously better in turn based, but is it worth the 10ap and bonus ROF perk to get 2 LSW bursts in, given that would sacrifice some other perks and potentially points. Given its not 'all too' usefull in real-time.... If that makes sense?

So 4 or 5 int is sufficient you think?

1 cha is standard, 7 strength i assume for BG and maybe 2-3 luck?

What if I -really- want to use miniguns and LSW's, Will the lack of damage perks hurt it so much they will cease to be viable?

Thanks again.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 06:15:58 pm »
I can give you my experimental  1AG-bruiser-spearthrower build. It can also throw rocks!

Kaaon

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »
depends on rest of build
why 7 st lol ? st = 6 for stonewall, 5 for adrenaline rush otherwise 1 is must have
lk depends on your build, full tank or crit/tank ?

Sebelas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 08:14:42 pm »
depends on rest of build
why 7 st lol ? st = 6 for stonewall, 5 for adrenaline rush otherwise 1 is must have

7 Strength for using big guns surely? That's the minimum requirement on the guns right? Assuming not using weapons handling that is.

I'd rather end up with excellent survivability and decent damage, what would you recommend based on that?

That terrifying'ly high level is enough for me to trust your opinion on this :P

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:23:43 pm »
depends on rest of build
6 for SW. 5 for AR, yeah. But 1 ST for big guns is only viable if you take buffout and psycho and got a high PE.
I'd recommend 5 for adrenaline rush and so you don't have to grind up to level 50 until you start to actually hit stuff.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:26:15 pm by Sperber »

Sebelas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 08:35:11 pm »
OK guys, I've been trying to put all this into a planner and so far I've got:

Bonehead
Small Frame

Str-7
Pe-7
En-10
Ch-1
In-4
Ag-6
Lk-1

And 4 leftover points to spend XD

So is the theory with the lower strength negated when you max out BG?

Also, where to put those points? AG is my gut reaction to get the 10ap, If I take str down to 5 or 6 that leaves me with more, I wouldn't imagine you need all that much Pe on a BG character but am I missing the point here?

Dendito

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »

Bonehead
Small Frame

Str-7
Pe-7
En-10
Ch-1
In-4
Ag-6
Lk-1

Also, where to put those points? AG is my gut reaction to get the 10ap, If I take str down to 5 or 6 that leaves me with more, I wouldn't imagine you need all that much Pe on a BG character but am I missing the point here?

ag is a must, 10 if you use buffout (only if you go for 1st tank like seki said) and 9 if you dont. also 5 st to get adrenaline rush or 6 to get stonewall, 7 its a waste. higher lk would be good.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:41:50 pm by Dendito »

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 09:19:23 pm »
10AG is a must.

The 7th ST point is wasted since you can easily compensate it with high skill.
I would take 1 from ST if you want stonewall or 2 if you only want adren rush. Stuff them into LK or PE.

With ST 1 and 300 skill you have an effective skill of 180. Mediocre for mid range, bad for long range.
You could take drugs, but not having adren rush is a big drawback for a tank.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 03:39:08 am »

Bonehead
Small Frame

Str-7
Pe-7
En-10
Ch-1
In-4
Ag-6
Lk-1

wtf is this shit

you don't need 7 STR, its too much. 5 should be ok if you want adrenaline rush (depends what build it is)

9 AG is ok and take small frame for 10 AG

for Big guns, 4 LK is minimum 5 is a usual in builds for crit bypass something for it to stop snipers (never understood :P)
also on build :P

3 IN is ok if you want to reach at least 200% by level 18 but you'll talk retarded

uuhhh.....PE depends on build, like pancor builds don't really need PE while snipers need 10

this is from what I know

Kaaon

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 04:57:36 am »
it all depends on your perks, weapon you want to use and drugs and btw
1 st, 7 pe, 300 skill = 100% hit chance with RL, 100% hit chance with avenger on max range
2 st, 6 pe, 300 skill = 104% hit chance with RL, 112% hit chance with avenger on max range
3 st, 5 pe, 300 skill = 108% hit chance with RL, 124% hit chance with avenger on max range
7 st, 7 pe, 300 skill = 220% hit chance with RL, 220% hit chance with avenger on max range (waste)
for adrenaline rush.. 5 st, 6 pe, 231 skill = 95% hit chance with RL, 103% hit chance with avenger on max range is enough
so if you put some point from st to pe then you will still have enough hit chance + you will get bonus sight, st is total waste, only reason to get st is 5 for AR, 6 for stonewall, otherwise you should rather lower your st to 1 and put your points into PE
dont forget when you are planning your character.. you can get your skill points later due to no lvl cap but you cant get special points back

put more points into st only if u want to get adrenaline rush (then 5) or stonewall (then 6)

Kaaon

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 05:18:34 am »
as BG tank you can use lsw and RL, i think its better to get SG (pancor) or EW (gatling) but its on you
i dont like to give finished builds, im mostly giving only advices and let players to make their own builds but this is how i imagine full BG tank

and this is crit/tank (this one is SG pancor), if you want to use gatling/rl/lsw put your points from SG into BG/EW and dont use beer

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:23:03 am by Seki »