May 14, 2024, 04:58:25 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: How does science work on this server?  (Read 7591 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: How does science work on this server?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 11:56:55 pm »
shiiiiit

so the power of science is pointless here... eh.... buh bye crafting alt then

Kascin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 06:59:25 am »
The problem is Science can't give too much ressources back, or we will have some Craft-Science loops to raise characters.
And that will be too easy as some crafts give a lot of experience.

vjekof

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 09:19:25 pm »
I think that getting number of items back exactly as they were used for crafting is pointless..... try to build something yourself in your home..... do you get exactly the same items like you have before crafting??? NO YOU DON'T!!!!

BUT it is UNREAL to get NON from 100/100 maybe it will be good something like, for 100/100 give number of items (needed for crafting it) in role 30-90% and % is going down with degradation of item you decrafting. For example item with 30/60 will role items spawn 5-40% or something similar or 5/30 will give 0-20%, that is more realistic and better for game. Idea is here because there some REALLY rare items for crafting and most of time they are VERY expensive so if i mined SO MANY ore  barely scavenge an decraft for that item and I am ready to build that !! 1 !! item to play with it, it wood be nice to have some chance to use it.

Thanks for understanding.
HELP ME REPAIR WIKI IT IS HERE FOR YOU NOT FOR ME, HELPING ME HELP YOURSELF!!!!

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 12:19:24 am »
Looks like that LK has a major impact on sciencing something.
My 4LK character with 16% science gets almost as much resources as my 1LK crafter with 125% science. D:
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Spiritwind

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 06:10:17 pm »
Sorry to bump, but I noticed the same thing.  Dismantled (With dismantle perk) over 30 guns and got only like 5 junk, 3 wood, and 5 metal parts back.  It was a bit ridiculous.  I would have been better off just throwing them in the camp fire.  Oh yeah, had 125% science and 3 luck.

Kaaon

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 06:46:35 pm »
125% science, dismantle support perk.. sciencing alot items and i usually get ~15-20% resources back + xp, i think its enough.. more resources from science = crafting/sciencing cycle till getting adv/uniq
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:50:25 pm by Kaaon »

Spiritwind

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 06:54:19 pm »
125% science, dismantle support perk.. sciencing alot items and i usually get ~15-20% resources back + xp, i think its enough.. more resources from science = crafting/sciencing cycle till getting adv/uniq
Yeah, you dont want that to happen, but at the time ideas made many other areas at least useful, with adding the ability to abuse, such as slavery and private mines. 

Personally, I think it should be somewhere around 25-35% with maxed science, with a small chance of recovering 50-75%.   As it is now, you get no xp, and you literally get no resources back - in other words its a complete waste of time, and it might as well not even be present in the game.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 06:56:06 pm »
You dont get exp ? Since when, did i miss something ?

Strike

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 06:59:35 pm »
You dont get exp ? Since when, did i miss something ?
I atleast get experience from sciencing.

Kaaon

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 07:41:26 pm »
adding the ability to abuse, such as slavery and private mines
This topic is about science not about private mines. Sorry for OT but im strongly against this slave/private mines thing too, its runing the whole game.. what the point of playing and mining if i can get unlimited amount of resources and everything and i dont even have to play, i cant get anything from playing this game anymore, just rare items which are in most cases not even that good as crafted items with good bonuses.. why should i kill milion of monster for xp if i can craft unlimited amount of items ? In my opinion removing monsters from private mines and adding slaves was worst change ever which ruined economy and motivation to play but its OT.

Personally, I think it should be somewhere around 25-35% with maxed science, with a small chance of recovering 50-75%.   As it is now, you get no xp, and you literally get no resources back - in other words its a complete waste of time, and it might as well not even be present in the game.
You are getting experience from sciencing and if you want to change resources ratio from sciencing items then you should create topic in suggestions section.

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 04:43:03 am »
What are those items made of if one cannot get ANYTHING by dismantling them? thin air?

I'd say that amount of resources you can salvage should depend on your science skill and item's condition. I don't see why you shouldn't get 95% of the resources from 100/100 item with maxed science.

Kaaon

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 04:59:53 am »
What are those items made of if one cannot get ANYTHING by dismantling them? thin air?

I'd say that amount of resources you can salvage should depend on your science skill and item's condition. I don't see why you shouldn't get 95% of the resources from 100/100 item with maxed science.

Because you would craft/salvage same item forever.