May 12, 2024, 11:04:26 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Reseting traders  (Read 2211 times)

Khel

• View Profile
Reseting traders
« on: September 09, 2013, 02:49:57 pm »
What do you think about totally reseting traders stores (to some default amount of random items, like 15-20, not 5348965) each time it spawns caps/other items?
1st of all it is troublesome to scroll through 461789561897950 items each time you want to check if the guy has something usefull, especially with time limit for a trade.

Heartquake

• In control.
    • View Profile
Re: Reseting traders
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 03:59:54 pm »
It'd be nice if the time limit was removed altogether, now multiple players can talk to single trader. OP is right, the immense scrolling through every trader that consists of only about a million combat shotguns is annoying.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 04:29:32 pm »
What do you think about totally reseting traders stores (to some default amount of random items, like 15-20, not 5348965) each time it spawns caps/other items?
1st of all it is troublesome to scroll through 461789561897950 items each time you want to check if the guy has something usefull, especially with time limit for a trade.
use icons to separate ffs
it is good as it is...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:37:13 pm by kill n die »

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Heartquake

• In control.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 04:39:53 pm »
Right, if you separate guns to see all of them, it won't help you avoid those million combat shotguns.

They removed tons of radios from traders, now we have something else that fills the role.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 04:41:44 pm »
1st of all it is troublesome to scroll through 461789561897950 items...
the immense scrolling through every trader that consists of only about a million combat shotguns is annoying.
     +          =     speed scrolling

Heartquake

• In control.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:43:02 pm »
If you scroll at the maximum speed with shift, tell me if you have some hawk eye to catch everything you see. (still you have to oversee the million combat shotguns)

Some traders have insane amounts of useless items nobody is going to buy... that's the problem.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:50:47 pm by Heartquake »

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »
If you raise your barter skill, the time limit will get increased as well, ha! Besides, if you are looking for one specific item, say LSW, you will always find it no matter how many miniguns or laser rifles such trader offers.

Some traders have insane amounts of useless items nobody is going to buy... that's the problem.
What’s useless for you doesn’t have to be useless for someone else. I’ve seen plenty of people buying strange things...

Heartquake

• In control.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »
If you raise your barter skill, the time limit will get increased as well, ha! Besides, if you are looking for one specific item, say LSW, you will always find it no matter how many miniguns or laser rifles such trader offers.

I know about barter raising the timer, lol.

On the same subject, TLAmk2 had a very good barter system, something to take as an example. Items were periodically added and removed whenever the quantity of a certain item reached some limit, you never saw the traders overfeed themselves with the most valuable items they have, neither ridiculous amount of items nobody in practice is going to buy in such large quantities.

What’s useless for you doesn’t have to be useless for someone else. I’ve seen plenty of people buying strange things...

Sure, but you don't have to go through 50 combat shotguns to buy one or two.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 06:51:50 pm »
Timer shouldn't be a problem anymore, it's probably few minutes with a decent Barter skill.

I know that traders are sometimes filled with 203131239 useless (or useful) items and it takes the eternity to scroll through it.

The problem is that scripts of 2238 trade and "economy" are quite unclear, complicated and scattered throughout source, that's why it will take me a while to work on this.