May 11, 2024, 11:06:24 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Game window opens then immediatley crashes  (Read 9777 times)

Necroninja

• View Profile
Game window opens then immediatley crashes
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:03:54 pm »
Needing help, I have Windows 7 pro installed on virtual machine software on my MacBook pro.  At first I had an error that said that the file d3dx9_42 was missing.  I downloaded directx software and that message went away, only now I try and open the game and the game window appears and then immediately crashes.  I have downloaded and installed all the updates that I could for Windows 7, and have tried running the game as administrator,  running the game sandboxed, and running the game in compatability mode for Windows XP.  I don't know what else I can do to make the game run, some advice, or ideas for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Game window opens then immediatley crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:07:47 pm »
Do you have your master and critter data set?

Necroninja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:12:36 pm »
I don't know what it means to have my monster and critter data set.

Nefastus

• There he goes. One of God's own prototypes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14:22 pm »
Try running the client through FOnlineGL as opposed to the main exe.

Also try changing the game from full screen or windowed in config.

If all fails, I have no more tips, except that maybe your virtual environment just doesn't work well with FOnline.

Nefastus

• There he goes. One of God's own prototypes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:20:28 pm »
I don't know what it means to have my monster and critter data set.

He meant to ask if you have master and critter data files with your FOnline.

In other words, did you download FULL client or COMPACT client? Full client has all necessary files, COMPACT client requires a copy of master and critter data files from original Fallout 2 install.

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1.0

Necroninja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:24:01 pm »
I downloaded the full client, and also I tried running FonlineGL and the same glitch happened.  The funny part of all this is that I was playing fonline just fine in my virtual machine windows when I was using all pirated software, now I bought all the software instead of using the pirated stuff, and I am now having this problem.... I am going to try and re-install directx runtimes again and see if that does anything.

howtonarf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 09:44:41 pm »
the GL is also crashing randomly as soon as i log in, just started today and its happening to another friend of mine also

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 10:44:38 pm »
the GL is also crashing randomly as soon as i log in, just started today and its happening to another friend of mine also
yeah, it has started happening to me, but is kinda random. I deleted the cache folder and it (moreless) helped. Still happen sometimes.

Necroninja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 11:54:35 pm »
yeah i haven't even been able to get to the sign in screen, it crashes too fast.

Max Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 04:59:05 pm »
impossible to play, gl , no gl, cache, no cache, etc.. it a server problem i think. Is any gm still on this game??? No update, no fight, no players in game, wtf?

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 09:03:35 pm »
Have You made any windows update in past few days?

Necroninja

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:26 pm »
Well I have tried freshly re-installing windows and got all updates, installed directx updates, and tried again.  Still I am having the same problem: launch .exe and the grey window pops up, before it even changes to loading screen the game screen crashes.  I have seen other topics about the game crashing randomly.  I have wine bottler and the latest release of wine on my mac osx and I can get to the sign in screen and sign in, but have noticed that there are random crashes while i'm playing for some unknown reason, could this be the same glitch that is causing others to crash too?  I would really like to be able to open the game on my virtual windows7, because in wine on mac OSX I can't get the FallCraft mod to work.  Anyone who can help, either find a solution to the crash, or tell me a way that FallCraft, the mod that highlights crafting materials, can work in wine, would be greatly appreciated.

Necroninja

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 09:13:12 pm »
Have You made any windows update in past few days?
yes i have downloaded all the updates for windows 7 this morning.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 09:22:47 pm »
I dont have any Mods installed and havnt any crash since start so its looks like some mods makes this crashes, question is which one.

Necroninja

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 09:27:01 pm »
I really don't think that this is because of a mod, because I have tried running the game with, and without mods, and the same happens.