May 15, 2024, 12:57:00 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: My thought on Crafting bonus  (Read 1298 times)

DraXaly

• View Profile
My thought on Crafting bonus
« on: April 15, 2014, 02:07:14 pm »
Ive given "that other fallout online" a little go and the crafting bonus on armors can go up far higher while reloaded seems to not have such drastic increase in crafting power. Maybe add in +bullet damage, +burst amount and add in defective weapon property (like something that makes the weapon degrade faster or be less accurate or weigh just a little bit more) Maybe remodeling Crafted weapons to not have -AP property would make PvP, and craft grinding less of a problem.

Anyway id like some feed back and ill be playing after the wipe for sure :)

Strike

Re: My thought on Crafting bonus
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »
- A possibility to upgrade item bonuses,

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=5228.0

DraXaly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:45:51 pm »
add in defective weapon property (like something that makes the weapon degrade faster or be less accurate or weigh just a little bit more)

What do you guys think about this idea, obviously it would be balanced because everyone would get these slightly defective weapons from time to time. you would have to weight up haveing a bigger burst amount and a faster weapon wear and tear. Or just dismantle and try for an normal one.

I think it really would add some charm to the game

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:38:59 am »
+1

In all honesty though it should be based upon not just random luck but repair + Science skill.

If I'm an expert only once in a blue moon would my creation turn sour. -Same rate as uniques.

The opposite of current bonuses would be fine I would think.
With a base 25% chance of incurring an issue at only 50% repair, but with the best snap off tools, 125 science and max repair the chance of getting a debuff lowers to .05% or some small number.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 07:34:33 am »
I think crafting bonuses should be a neat little bonus at best and not a necessity.
Definite yes for removing -1AP entirely and also for a "bad quality weapon perk".

I would like to see weapon perks as bonuses rather than numbers.
Accurate, reliable (less crit failures), unreliable (more crit failures), etc ...

But actually, I would like to see them gone entirely.
Instead there should be different versions of weapons that have different advantages and drawbacks,
like I suggested here Post-Wipe Suggestions & Discussion .

DraXaly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 09:16:15 am »
But actually, I would like to see them gone entirely.
Instead there should be different versions of weapons that have different advantages and drawbacks,
like I suggested here Post-Wipe Suggestions & Discussion .

+1
In all honesty though it should be based upon not just random luck but repair + Science skill.
If I'm an expert only once in a blue moon would my creation turn sour. -Same rate as uniques.

I see what you mean, maybe there could exist a hybrid system where those upgrades can be crafted just like heatchamber,speed loader,extended magazine, magnetic targeting system.

But there would have to be multiple upgrade choices with up and downsides, crafting bonus adds a charm to the game and would seriously affect people who just craft all day if it was removed. I think it can be toned down in some areas and let go crazy in others. -AP is the biggest problem IMO

Not everyone is a master crafter and I think that this would add another random element which makes fallout so much fun to play unless its your first assault rifle and you had problems scraping the ores and materials to make it. But there is much more harsh things in the wasteland.

maybe a support perk could be made around the concept, anyway Ill just leave this here and wait for some feedback, Happy Hunting

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 12:16:39 pm »
There will be some changes to crafting bonus, and -1 AP bonus from crafting will be likely removed (but possible via other means).