May 20, 2024, 03:43:04 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Global game suggestions for a better tomorow  (Read 15408 times)

Kaaon

Re: Global game suggestions for a better tomorow
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2014, 06:32:11 pm »
Kaonqq was online logged on dual log..

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2014, 07:34:44 pm »
Kaonqq was online logged on dual log..
From what I can tell from your video is that you exited the game and logged in your other character using the same client. That means you had about 2-3 minutes before your first character would zone out.

I am online now and I'll check IRC to see if you are online so we can experiment some.

I just found my buddie no problem and we made several attempts. (in combat, out combat, tb, rt, walking over his loc, and standing on his loc and hitting the enter wasteland button). It took a couple attempts but they all worked..

Also the encounter go's by the exact coördinates/zones and if you zoom in on the world map you can see that it can be quickly off, there for the best way to look for players is to be zoomed in to the max.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:38:11 pm by Gorishimo »

Mona

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2014, 08:02:38 pm »
Seki, I really think that something is wrong on your side. When I'm playing, russians tend to find me in random places more often than I would like to. I'm happy if I can escape or they kick my ass with their 14ap fast shooters. I often find others in city ruins too.

Companions:
Celard, I agree with you. I would keep their ability to fight players outside TC. If someone rapes my base I would expect my NPCs to help fight back. TC will be pure PvP sooner or later so guys don't whine when you have to kill some mercs accompanying players in random encounters.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2014, 08:26:56 pm »
Seki, I really think that something is wrong on your side. When I'm playing, russians tend to find me in random places more often than I would like to. I'm happy if I can escape or they kick my ass with their 14ap fast shooters. I often find others in city ruins too.
It has to be a problem on his side, and I fear the problem go's so far that when he is in the same zone he also blocks all other encounters. I am currently ingame testing some stuff with him and I am unable to find him. I do things exactly the same as with my mate but nothing works. I hoped it was the level difrence but now we are both using level 1 alts and still nothing.

I say he blocks encounters because when we are both in the same zone and he is not on the WM but ingame I get no encounters what so ever, not even NPC ones. I get a encounter warning sometimes but nothing happens. I do not get a teks with what I encountered I only get some xp. I am assuming this where I was supposed to meet Seki. At first I hoped it was the 400+ level difrence but the same things happen when we try our level 1 alts.

I do not get it, but something is deflently wrong and I can see how Seki and perhaps other players are frustrated.

btw Mona did we not meet each other a couple days back in a city ruin? xD

Something is broken :(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:42:18 pm by Gorishimo »

Mona

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »
Exactly, that was me :)

Poor guy, but his high level brings out interesting bugs from the game that might not come out otherwise.
Similar happened to me a few times when I was trying to find homesteaders - the warning came up about the enco but I could not enter.
Btw are you aware of that low level players have some kind of enco protection? I read it somewhere recently..

Here:
Changelog 04/09/2013
- Increased amount of gathering items in encounters (junk etc.)
- Added an option to barber to get default female skin again
- Testing another low-level chars protection system: characters lower than 10 level are HARDER to encounter (lower level = less chance to encounter, minimum 10%).
- Added a Crowbar to Hospital special encounter.

Post feedback, as always.

So I suggest to try this out with >lvl10 players.

Kaaon

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2014, 09:04:32 pm »
low lvl protection was removed

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2014, 09:08:14 pm »
And it also does not explain why I do not even get offerd any encounters with NPC in them, that is untill he go's to the WM. Then it is NPC encounter galore again :/

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 08:26:07 am »
I think what would be also good, is activating NPC factions like Enclave, BoS, Remnants of the Master's Army and NCR. For a better RP and more interestning actions. I think it would be quite difficult to code but nevertheless it will bring a lot of fun.
Just as example an organized battle once per week or (per month) between BoS and Enclave in a city (like Den, there you have a BoS Bunker) or in Gas Station.  Players which have joined one of this faction will follow NPC qnd just start hard fights. I think in such kind of Teams, will play beginners or lonely players. Maybe it will be for them a kind of "introduction" into pvp world. Of course, it will allow a stuff drop from NPC's, or at least, loot from fallen ennemies and allies (ss, gatlings, avengers, hypo, sniper rifles, plasma rifles, ammo). And all this stuff buffed to a quality or improved item.

Also organize once in two weeks an invade of Navarro, and get as a reward a Vertibird and some lockers acces with implant or APA if available, invading BoS bunker and get in 3 PA and 3 Vindi for example. And this would allow you to have fun when you are lots of connected people and there is no ennemy ready to fight with you and get some good gear.

once in two weeks it's not that much actually so there will be no real abuse. If you wipe the server once per year, you will get like, 26 invades. If you count in a team 15 players, in which some of them will be later inactive and some new players will join, this stuff will be shared so that almost everyone will get smthg from participating in this action.

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2014, 02:41:22 am »
+ Add the More visible sources of crafting materials + crosshair by Tutkarz in default client in order to help new players.

updated in main post

Strike

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2014, 09:31:16 am »
+ Add the More visible sources of crafting materials + crosshair by Tutkarz in default client in order to help new players.

updated in main post
I think those should be always optional stuff, not included in client.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2014, 01:53:04 pm »
I doubt it will be possible since it will require some work in the mapping departmant but I would of liked to see three or four PVE dungeons, preferably being instanced. So that you alone, or with some buddies, can explore a multi level compound with out having to watch your back for players out to PK.

The loot should be mediocre at best, as the dungeons should be purly be based around exploring and having a laugh.

(eg: no implants, PA, blue prints, bozars, etc. Just the simple stuff that you loot from what ever npc you kill in there, and perhaps a rubber blow up doll as reward hidden away under a bed)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:56:02 pm by Gorishimo »

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2014, 07:06:53 pm »
I think those should be always optional stuff, not included in client.

Maybe add an option to enable/disable, but it starts to be harder to do, we just need this game more friendly for newcomers, i didn't see any new player for mounth, players are harsh and game interface/mecanic not rly friendly.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »
So i at least take part in the real PvP, it is the time to commen that part of your suggestion:)
TC :
Nothing to add or comment.

B -  Small TC locations no faction names needed

PvP is good but too many PvP is bad.
Your idea is interesting but it could be bad for PvE. Some places shouldn't be warzones(Library, Catedral, Tabacco farm and New Reno Comercial Row(locker to encourage PvP was good idea, but place not, becouse now we have two merchants almost out of market, and one is selling BP)). As unguardes location still you can easy fight there but we don't need another place where noone goes except fighters. (Ok maybe want but not that cost:))

e - Mariposa/Ares/Navaro/Sierra/Glow

NPC : A lot of related NPC outside&inside the location with one elder last floor droping advanced/unique medium/top tier gear/implants, karma drop to concerned faction (mutants/enclave/bos/robots) 1hours respawn. Make it harsh with a lot of NPC and elder NPC using and droping bozard/vindicator/pa/hpa etc etc.
Ressources : hq ressources in lockers/ first floor of bases 30 min respawn
Tools : Advanced workbench/Medical workbench
You mean simply dungeons? Yeah, Mariposa/Ares/Sierra/Glow, needs some improvements, but it could be better if it will be normaln dungeon- place for not easy team PvE only with possibility to find other players/team.
Also there should be some easier dungeons for "noobs" not so hard with some low/medium trier rewards, but possible to make by new players, not like V15 now where you need strong team to kill all the NPCs.
Navarro? Seriously? Navarro? The biggest working military facility? It could be one of the best,hardest dungeons but i prefer if it will be place to take some new quest(caravans, hunting for slaves, rescue mission, i don't know:))

- Replace +poison resist/rad resist with + sneak skill points on armors.
No, Poison resistant is usefull bonus, when you fight with some mobs(like paschtchurs). But new kind of bonuses could be good.
- Add +stats to clothe (example doctor coat give + doctor skill or elegant suits give + barter skill)
Totaly agree.

So conclusion:
Make many new opportunities ancourage to PvP but not to many:)
Don't make it at the cost of PvE.

Thank you for attention:)

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2014, 07:06:39 am »
All the place i suggested are filled with NPC to kill first so it's PVE, the fact is it's unsafe PVE cause some other players can come and attack, i don't rly see what is PVE ? If you are PVE addict and don't wana met players it's just playing Fallout 2 solo.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2014, 08:05:20 am »
You missunderstood my point.
You propose making warzone in resource source(Waterworks and Tabacco Farm) why didn't you propose mines? Because these not safe places are for getting resources not make regular wars.
I don't see why so peacefull nation like Followers of the Apocalipse should fight.

If you are PVE addict and don't wana met players it's just playing Fallout 2 solo.

Sorry i never say that. And i want even somenthing opose. I love meeting other players but your suggestion to make warzones everywhere make it harder.
We should have so many PvP places as possible and needed but no more.
If on the server would be 1k+ players maybe i would agree with your suggestion, but with at most 200(only after WIPE) PvP players it should be more concentrated that you propose.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:10:23 am by Corax »