May 22, 2024, 02:47:07 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Flamer nerf with possible solutions  (Read 3579 times)

Strike

Flamer nerf with possible solutions
« on: July 11, 2014, 08:02:11 pm »
Flamer seem to be most used weapon for level up. Fast and easy craft, good damage against many critters at same time. I'd like to suggest few solutions for this fast leveling problem:

1. Increase ST requirement for BG weapons (including Flamer)

ST 7 -> ST 8 requirement for BG weapons (ST 7 for LSW and Bozar!)

2. Reduce damage for Flamer

50 - 85 -> 40 - 65

3. Reduce ammo capacity for Flamer

5 -> 3

4. Flamer harder to craft (requires little more resources)

3x Alloys + 1x Wood -> 3x Alloys + 2x Wood + 3x Metal Parts

5. Flamer Pistol, new starting weapon for BG (Flamer become craftable BG profession level 1)

Damage: 20 - 45
Burst: AP 4, Range: 5
Ammo capacity and type: 1, Flamethrower fuel
ST required: 4

I know this doesn't solve whole problem with BG builds, but atleast something against fast leveling.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:56:41 am by Strike »

mojuk

• View Profile
Re: Flamer nerf with possible solutions
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:14:02 pm »
Very bad suggestion that will only hurt casual players.

1. Increase ST requirement for BG weapons (including Flamer)
ST 7 -> ST 8 requirement for BG weapons (Not for LSW or Bozar!)
Makes no sense and would not help even a bit in case of flamer and I have no idea why lsw and bozar should be excluded.

Ammo, dmg nerf and flamer pistol is also really bad idea. Btw. flamers are really not only good weapon for leveling...

I know this doesn't solve whole problem with BG builds, but atleast something against fast leveling.
This is the best part. What is this problem with bg builds?
:facepalm

Strike

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:45:14 pm »
Btw. flamers are really not only good weapon for leveling...
Improved Flamer and Flamer are so far away from each other, please we do know about their difference. Point of this topic was to nerf Flamer, not Improved Flamer.

I can understand how BG players feel about this topic, I just want hear more options from players.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:51:08 pm by Strike »

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:02:10 pm »
Improved Flamer and Flamer are so far away from each other, please we do know about their difference. Point of this topic was to nerf Flamer, not Improved Flamer
If this is about normal flamers only than this is even more useless because who base his fast leveling on normal flamers and even normal ammo maybe? Please, if we are talking about normal flamer then there are many better weapons than this, that can be used to level character. Why would you want to hurt casual and new players, because normal and regular ones would not use regular flamer anyway...

I can understand how BG players feel about this topic, I just want hear more options from players.
Still no idea what problem with bg buils is out there.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:06:48 pm »
Who the hell uses flamer to level up?

I used M60 when I barely started.

Might as well make the flamer shoot confetti if this is implemented. And only 2 in the chamber? what the hell

As mojuk said, this will hurt new starters to the game, they won't be able to hit anything with 8 ST requirement since most noobs have around 3-5 ST builds

Also a pistol can't be a big gun...

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:16:55 pm »
This would make flamers useless.
Flamer suggestions are kind of pointless anyways, as they're going to change after the wipe
and we don't yet know in what way or how they will perform ingame next session.

Also who cares if you can level up with it fast when there are ways to level up to lvl 30 in half an hour?
At least you level up actually playing the game and not with an auto-clicker or exploit.

Akenaton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 10:21:54 pm »
with all respect. your suggestion is sh*@!
2 shots for a flamer makes no sense I mean so we should alow only 15 rounds for a LSW? and 3 shots for a pistol?
the only thing that its right is to make crafting difficult. but I think that would restrict new players from having a little taste of all weapons...

sorry about any english related thing its not my natal languaje but I try to do my best.

Strike

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 10:23:56 pm »
Seem like everyone are okay with current state of BGs.. fast level with flamer and things.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:29:43 pm by Strike »

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:56:48 pm »
Seem like everyone are okay with current state of BGs.. fast level with flamer and things.
Nope, everyone thinks this suggestion sucks. And probably more then me still got no idea about what current state of bg you are talking about.
Also if they are so op nothing stops you from using it.  Also you can level with gatling laser twice as fast as with flamers...

Rothbard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 04:46:43 am »
Would you suggest that rocket launchers, grenade pistols, and grenade launchers be nerfed too? They serve the same purpose. My thinking on this is just the opposite. Consider making AoE weapons for EW and close combat builds instead.

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 08:56:55 am »
The problem is that they are the cancer killing FOnline. Players who start with BG builds already have a edge over everyone else. They can farm equipment from the start easier than any build combined and level more efficiently. Just consider the amount of time it takes to kill critters in an encounter with a single shot weapon, in that time a flamer guy has already done dozens of encounters. You would say that the SG builds can do the same with their Combat Shotguns and I would agree to an extent, but still they have to deal with the burst spread. BG players both inexperienced and experienced can have everything in a maximum of 5 days, so no wonder they get bored when everything is served in a nice platter. Maybe the wasteland is harsh, but certainly not for them.
#rawhide on ForestNet

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 09:27:05 am »
The problem is that they are the cancer killing FOnline. Players who start with BG builds already have a edge over everyone else. They can farm equipment from the start easier than any build combined and level more efficiently. Just consider the amount of time it takes to kill critters in an encounter with a single shot weapon, in that time a flamer guy has already done dozens of encounters. You would say that the SG builds can do the same with their Combat Shotguns and I would agree to an extent, but still they have to deal with the burst spread. BG players both inexperienced and experienced can have everything in a maximum of 5 days, so no wonder they get bored when everything is served in a nice platter. Maybe the wasteland is harsh, but certainly not for them.
10mm SMG and Assault Rifle or even Greese Gun are much better pick for after-wipe character for me. They are faster and easier to start farming with at the beginning. Who is even farming with single shots (apart from broken tb spammers)? Just enter encounter, 1hex, loot, leave - fast and easy. I play like that for 3 sessions now and always got all ready in no time. And 5 days is fast?  ??? Also you go with 10mm smg/greese gun you got no drawbacks from not having doc on lower levels since you are 1-handed and blinds would not matter much when hexing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:29:11 am by mojuk »

Cerberix

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 09:29:53 am »
Yes, make this game more time consuming because everyone likes it from old 2238. I can also say that we should remove big guns because they are op as hell and also buff small guns because some players can't fast lvl up with pipe rifle. :P Flamer is fine, it should be good weapon for PvE but bad for PvP. Also, after wipe we might be able to run with M60, so flamer will be more useless, not even worth for crafting because you can craft better stuff and sell it.

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 09:37:32 am »
(apart from broken tb spammers)?
I heard those troll CC builds do it... If you can level faster, then fine, you get bored more quickly. But anyway fighting this is an uphill battle since if you nerf anything burst related it will make the unwashed masses riot and possibly leave the server instantly rather than squirting 500 damage on critters for a few days and then leaving satisfied they got their dose of the harsh wasteland. It's better to keep this meager amount of players happy.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 01:33:32 pm »
I've leveled my BG character using XL, not flamer, now I feel stupid  >:(