May 15, 2024, 01:02:57 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Battleground - like counterstrike!  (Read 2494 times)

sogabe

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Battleground - like counterstrike!
« on: November 20, 2013, 08:52:26 am »
Any of you play or played counterstrike?

It would be super cool if we had a battle ground map where anybody can casually go PvP.
Fairly small map, but with lots of windows, corners, etcs, and MANY different spawn points so that nobody can camp spawn points.

You are randomly chosen as team 1 or 2, and maybe on corner of the map you have Kill:Death count like they do in counterstrike.

Maybe to be fair, everyone temporary gets 100hp and chooses the following to play in the arena:

1. Soldier: Shotgun (20ammo), combat knife, combat armor
2. Sniper: Sniper rifle (15ammo), metal armor
3. Fighter: Powerfist (20ammo), grenades (x5), stimpack (x1), combat armor
4. Trapper: Trap material (x10), sneak (150%ish skill), knife, leather armor
5. Medic: Stimpack (x5), First Aid (2min CD), glock pistol, doctor's coat

I know it won't happen.. but just a thought..it would be almost like first shooter game  ;D

Strike

Re: Battleground - like counterstrike!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:59:26 am »
Any of you play or played counterstrike?
I bet :D

I think Hinkley is enough for such action.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:08:15 am »
Not like that, no.
We got New Reno, it's almost like an arena, that could be re-used.
Say every hour (or so) gang wars start and player can hire themselves as mercenaries to fight for one of the families. You can't select what family, when you joint the fight it auto-magically assigns you to one of the sides and everybody else that's on the same side gets colored (somehow - maybe temporary overriding name colorizing?).
Once the fight starts no-one can leave, no-one  can enter, the only way to get out is by dieing or killing all members of all other teams. Those who win get some caps(according to kills, friendly kills are negative) and can take all the loot they found during the fight. There also must be a time limit, after the time is up, the team with most kills win (to reduce sneaker-camping).
If it works then other modes could be added - capture the flag, domination, etc.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:13 am »
Big NO for any version of another artificial arena with free stuff fights.
:facepalm

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 11:29:02 am »
hinkley is allready to much

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 12:21:00 pm »
I didn't mean it should be with some free stuff. What you take with you is what you get.
It could be an alternative to TC for those of us that don't want to join big gangs, but would still like to take part in some team pvp.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 12:31:41 pm »
Big NO for any version of another artificial arena with free stuff fights.
Maybe not arena within Reloaded itself but completely new server? Then it would be big YES! (the question is, who will provide such server, Kilgore said he wouldn’t)

Personally I’m tired of fighting grinders who profit from their free time/hobby of endless crafting superior/advanced stuff, I don’t want to play such game where I am forced to craft 1000 LSWs just to get 50 with -1ap bonus. Call me a noob or whatever, but at this point I realize that fights on 2238 (before the stupid helmet and perks change) were much more balanced because all teams were equal in terms of stuff, I’m not happy to say that, but the only tactics that work now is having way more people than our enemy, otherwise the chance that I will win with my CAmk2 and regular rocket launcher is very small.

For smartasses who think I’m lazy, I trade and farm a lot, I spend a lot of time ingame but there is a difference between me and crafters, they get good stuff from crafting and even if I farmed 45646456 Enclave, BoS or BH I will still have shitty stuff, I only manage to buy some junk from traders like quality +rad resistance CAs. I don’t craft because I couldn’t, I just find it extremely boring just like most of you (probably) think the same about farming.

Kaaon

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 01:07:12 pm »
Personally I’m tired of fighting grinders who profit from their free time/hobby of endless crafting superior/advanced stuff, I don’t want to play such game where I am forced to craft 1000 LSWs just to get 50 with -1ap bonus. Call me a noob or whatever, but at this point I realize that fights on 2238 (before the stupid helmet and perks change) were much more balanced because all teams were equal in terms of stuff, I’m not happy to say that, but the only tactics that work now is having way more people than our enemy, otherwise the chance that I will win with my CAmk2 and regular rocket launcher is very small.

For smartasses who think I’m lazy, I trade and farm a lot, I spend a lot of time ingame but there is a difference between me and crafters, they get good stuff from crafting and even if I farmed 45646456 Enclave, BoS or BH I will still have shitty stuff, I only manage to buy some junk from traders like quality +rad resistance CAs. I don’t craft because I couldn’t, I just find it extremely boring just like most of you (probably) think the same about farming.

offtopic abit..
I agree, crafting bonuses made this game to be more about grind. Reloaded was supposed to be easier with easier obtainable stuff but now for example everyone want a weapon with at least -ap which means he need to play/grind/craft even more to get it then to get normal weapon without bonuses at 2238. Players which are crafting more got advantage of better crafted bonus gear. On the others side crafting bonuses made this game more interesting and there is more motivation to play, more interesting stuff to get and not just every item exactly same.

crafting bonuses changed this game to be more about gear

btw imo it doesnt matter what u farm (enclave, bh, whateverelse..) its about crafting/private mines/slaves which are not much time consuming
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:44:24 pm by Seki »

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 01:48:56 pm »
On the others side crafting bonuses made this game more interesting and there is more motivation to play, more interesting stuff to get and not just every item exactly same.
Can’t disagree with this, bonuses in fact are not the problem. But there is only one way to get these bonuses, which is crafting/private mines/slaves. No alternative, nothing. If you want to be able to compete in PvP you have no other option.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 02:13:14 pm »
Npc with roll to improve or ruin your weapon. Each roll could cost 10k caps

sogabe

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 10:01:15 pm »
I like the random gangfights in new Reno. That would make Reno a more interesting place to be..
But yeah I do know my original idea won't be implemented for sure.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 02:44:57 pm »
Hinkley is enough (new arenas will be added there in the future).