May 15, 2024, 02:55:19 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Post-Wipe Suggestions & Discussion  (Read 13849 times)

Charity

• View Profile
Re: Post-Wipe Suggestions & Discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2014, 10:06:20 am »
...science should be boosted alittle bit...

+1, absolutely

Bring back Ghost Town. It was actually kinda awesome.

This was confirmed by Kilgore and I really hope that we will NOT have to wait for wipe to get it. :)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2014, 01:18:32 pm »
This was confirmed by Kilgore and I really hope that we will NOT have to wait for wipe to get it. :)
Hmm? I missed it.
Well good. But... I can wait for wipe. lol.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

pusitega

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 01:44:12 pm »
when will wipe be expected?

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 06:32:12 pm »
"This is thread for post-wipe suggestions and I don't plan launching any pvp-only server."

maybe not a pvp server, but a prewipe test server.
the prewipe server having the new plan from ground zero.
the current server just being there waiting for a wipe, not talking up Kilgore and the crews time.

I have no idea what it takes to put a server together, other than money.
but it seems to me that setting up a test server, with everything already programmed, should be easy.

a temporary place to test the direction, with the ability to keep the current game going.
after a month or so of feedback from the test server, the original server is wiped to the new one.
if for money reasons there is no sense in keeping the test server, let it die until prior to the next wipe.

the new server is like a wipe.
everyone ground zero.
the old server is left to its own with no support from the gang until the wipe.

or maybe, the original server gets wiped, but the temporary server gets a copy of the current game, with no support.
either way I think it will help in player retention during the changeover.
especially if the new program has too many boogers and folks get freezes, blah blah blah.
they can at least play what they were playing while the bugs get squashed on the new game.
but eventually the current game goes away and we start again.

don't think of it as a restart.
think of it as the next expansion pack.
who knows.
maybe someone wants to take the time/effort/expense of taking over the current game.

I would be willing to toss extra coin at the test server.
and I don't think I am alone.
a wipe will happen.
if it needs to, I don't know.
but I would like to continue the current while checking out the new.
and if the current is any clue to reloaded v2, I think Kilgore and the gang will get it "righter".
now get your kids off my lawn, as yes, they are my balls now!
:)

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »
In the old fonline I got PK'd every 1 - 5 minutes then raged quit after 30 minutes of being stuck as a blue suit with nothing to my name after like 20 deaths

In the new Fonline I spend 2 days and get a net worth of 30K caps starting from scratch with 5-7 tents/Shacks.

Reloaded is much more newbie friendly...
If you need help with anything feel free to PM me.

I'll help the best I can. Oh yeah I'm also a Wiki Editor.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 07:23:11 pm »
C_hieter, Kilgore has a test server. It's where he tests shit out.
Kilgore, do you accept applicants for testing? The Rotators didnt.....

OH!!!!! Priavte HOUSE- Not base.
A house, exactly like outpost, BUT without a computer- And, uh, it's permenant, so you need to be VERY VERY careful who you left near there..... Not really sure how it would work, maybe and upgrade to a tent, if you have enough wood and metal parts and junk it can be upraded.... Like I said, I'm not exactly sure.... Maybe drag a contruction worker to your ranger shack. ???

And a DIY cave base- Like my DIY Private Mine, but if you have 10 electronics parts in hand when you use the campfire, you can "upgrade" the now formerly DIY private mine into a DIY cave base (because suddenly it won't produce ores and minerals anymore, very mysterious).

I was reading up on Project V13 and found this:

“Once you have determined your character's background, you will found your "colony". From a deserted city, a broken down military base, or even the ruins of an oil pumping station, the colony will be yours to rebuild and control. Attract non-player characters for guards, peons, scientists, and other activities. Or, if you are the type that so desires, shanghai the NPCs. Put them to work rebuilding your society and improving your colony. Meanwhile, you will experience grand adventures to gather the resources and ancient technologies as well as fight back the enemy hordes. Your character will gain experience, advance skills, learn new talents and gain access to incredibly powerful equipment. Or die trying. Explore the world, meet friends, and fight your neighbors for control of resources. PV13 will be your chance to rebuild a devastated world.”
Well, think about it… After wipe, what about it? You could recruit a variety of different NPC’s to join your faction as support staff- Farmers, prospectors, trappers, moonshiners, etc… Rather than just Homesteaders… They could be job-specific… Like, if you hire Farmers, you can get fibers, fruit, wood, etc., Prospectors you can get gold, uranium, etc., Trappers you can get silver or golden gecko pelts, radscorp tails, brahmin hides etc.,  and with Moonshiners you can get any kind of alcohol (except maybe beer)… Maybe, and just hear me out, you could recruit outlaws (at least some) as (really shitty) guards- “Why bother with this robbing random travelers for maybe a few caps, living day to day shit, when you can come work for (faction name), get food every night, get a warm safe place to sleep,

That part about “found(ing) a colony… a deserted city, a broken down military base, or even the ruins of an oil pumping station” might be something to follow up on as well… Rebuilding a ruined part of a city into a kind of fortress… Just saying… I’d do the maps if I could. :/

Add to the trains: A line from Vault City to San Fran, with stops in between Redding and Klamath and make Gordon's gas station into a train station, but you have to ask Gordon about the train tracks you keep seeing everywhere- then he'll tell you there is a train station "out back", will sell you a ticket, and a new exit grid shows up. (Ok, so that might need some work..........)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:06:52 am by Mika A Noire »

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2014, 11:52:09 am »
Get rid of sneak,helmets,-dmg resist from jet, 2. lvl of HP and resist implants
Add +crit chance +crit roll implants,bring back spray and pray perk,add +range crafting bonus
Make weapons deteriorate even with 300skill

Kaaon

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2014, 12:11:34 pm »
Get rid of sneak,helmets,-dmg resist from jet, 2. lvl of HP and resist implants
Add +crit chance +crit roll implants,bring back spray and pray perk,add +range crafting bonus
Make weapons deteriorate even with 300skill
- i agree, there was enough talking about sneakers in other topics i think

- implementing helmets just because 2 of 6 aimed shots is really weird, i dont like to always craft and fuck with helmets while they are sometimes not even used because almost everything goes to armor.. i think removing them would be good idea but there would be needed some balance between armor and helmet dr (especially laser and plasma, normal is same, explode and fire wasnt used on helmets)

- there was already topic about new implants and there was one with crit chance too (http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=2314.0, it reminds me, if you need some suggestions then you should visit suggestion board, there are 17 pages of them, most of them shits but some of them are really good)

- pay and spray, no idea becuase i wasnt playing 2238 and im playing mostly aimed not bursters
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:13:16 pm by Seki »

Signorini

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 03:14:41 pm »
Have a space for a new skill yet.
Someone think in a new skill?

Enviado de meu XT1032 usando Tapatalk

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 04:02:16 pm »
Without sneak some of us can't do anything except jerk off down in hub.... gecko hunting? Forget it. Certain players spawn camp Modoc, Klamath, Redding, AND Gecko (and seemingly all at the same time) so going in to sell a half-dozen gecko pelt just aint gonna happen- PERIOD.
Disable sneak in town when armed. Or just disable PvP in town outside tc. (I get it, tc is tc. Some people don't "get it" and then rage about it.)

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 05:50:54 pm »
Get rid of sneak

Yeah, and remove big guns as well.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 05:52:43 pm »
Get rid of sneak

Yeah, and remove big guns as well.

Remove everything.:)

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 05:56:42 pm »
and add boobs. Everybody likes boobs

duki

• Know Your Role!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »
and add boobs. Everybody likes boobs

+1  8)

pusitega

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 10:00:42 pm »
add more mele weapons and pls rework havyhand i hate to have to use power fist for it and by the wey add priseon and make posible to force your slaves to mine iron minerals for you