May 10, 2024, 06:27:26 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Darkfall Unholy Wars - MMORPG with FULL LOOT - short review  (Read 3106 times)

Pollack

• View Profile
Darkfall Unholy Wars - MMORPG with FULL LOOT - short review
« on: December 23, 2013, 11:09:07 am »
Hi there,

Just in case there are some of you that would like to switch for a while from the post-apo to some more classical genre of the MMO - wanted to mention Darkfall Unholy Wars (which is kind of continuation of previous Darkfall Online). I would not put a whole-around review here - as if you would be interested - I bet you would be able to see it yourself - so just major points:

Darfall Unholy Wars is a sandbox MMO with focus on PVP (http://www.darkfallonline.com/).

Few major points:
- single huge / open & non-instanced world
- Skillbased gameplay / non tab-targetting system - you have to aim yourself, choose skills, hit enemy - bit like in FPS (which means if you are good you can overcome better geared opponent). Teamplay plays critical role of course.
- Open Mass PVP with Full Loot - excluding some starting green / safe zones - you could be attacked or could attack everyone everywhere - and start being a new owner of his stuff (guess this is also the reason why we like Fallout Online, with high risk vs reward style of playing)
- Players' cities sieging system - which encourages fights like 50v50 or 100vs100 (or more, depends on the online with the biggest I had a chance to be part of - counting 200 vs 200)
- player driving economy - all available items / gear are player crafted
- advanced political system - where you could forge a pacts, small or big alliances (zegs..:)) and together fight others for the map territory control (cities & hamlets with certain bonuses)
- Player Housing System - however kind of simplified one (houses built with deeds in villlages, couple styles with some improvements available)
- Village System - part of territory control, capping system with rewards
- Naval warfare - fight with small launches (1 cannon) up to Frigates (16 cannons on a side), sea Fortress events
- completely new way of exping your toon (prowess system) - where every action gives you points and every skill (you decide what path it will follow) costs it. Class-based system with allowance of switching between when needed.
etc.. etc..

In my humble opinion its a 2nd best MMO PVP game available on the market (after F-Reloaded of course)

Trailer:

Aradoth siege (player movie):

Obviously you would find more on youtube.

Some additional information:

1. Do not trust / base to much what people write on focums about this game - lots of bitching happened when DFO was closed - still affects DFUW (which is partially right as comparing to 1st version UW got less content - however for completely new player, with no DFO habits its really enjoyable).

2. Game is run by greek company - Aventurine - small dev team - which might do better (certainly) - as there were some stagnacy considering patching, pop decreased (there was a go live of Darkfall in Korea meantime). Still this month they managed to drop 3 content patches that changes gameplay quite a bit - so everything looks promising now - as we see now constant growth in online (lots of new players joining).

3. Game itself is paid to play (need to buy it) with monthly sub (around 15 $ / 13 EUR) - which is quite a lot considering the market - till 2nd of Jan there is a promo (non-steam) where for sub price you can get a game for price of the sub (of course including 30 days). Game itself is also available on steam.

4. At the moment there are two servers available EU & NA (with active sub can play on both). In addition there is one more for KR / JP - which is free to play - but available only on Asian market.

Feel free to drop any questions (if you have) or comments - I'll be around to answer - otherwise don't hesitate to drop me prv message.

And short message to potential polish players:

W razie gdybyscie byli zainteresowani gra - bawimy sie w polskim (jedynym) klanie na EU - Rats in the Hats, wiec bariera jezykowa nie jest jakims wielkim problemem (aczkolwiek zdecydowanie preferujemy starszych graczy & podstawowa znajomosc angielskiego wskazana, ze wzgledu na walki w aliansach, kiedy komendy sa wydawane przez leaderow na TSie). Polecam, zapraszam i takie tam...:)

And using the opportunity - wisthing whole F-Reloaded community Merry X-Mas & all the best in 2014

Cheers

Evan_85

• Hypocrite
    • View Profile
Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars - MMORPG with FULL LOOT - short review
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 11:41:08 am »
*checks if it's free*

*it isn't fee*

*kinda' the opposite of free*

*leaves*

Strike

Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars - MMORPG with FULL LOOT - short review