May 17, 2024, 07:10:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: no longer broken but brutal indeed  (Read 2655 times)

Phantazem

• Ahhh sleep, those little slices of death....
    • View Profile
no longer broken but brutal indeed
« on: October 17, 2014, 12:19:25 am »
I found this game three days ago and having played every fallout since the beginning in 96 i'm struggling to enjoy this your ts has no people in it the people in it rob you while in trader at 5 min in the game and you cant attack them afterwards no one teams up and every enemy is overpowered and you are consistently out numbered now I love the fallout series and I still love to burn through fallout 1 and 2 and this concept is great but were beating a dead horse here why should it be allowed to steal but not attack in the first town and why is it so hard to kill with a shotgun people with spears at level nothing? no reason is acceptable I held to hope the promise that this would be worth the play but in the past 3 days I've had to start over and over because there is no balance between ai and restriction i'm at a loss because I really want to enjoy this game I asked for gm or admin help and get nothing I try to fight to survivre and the ai is overpowered what do I do?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:34:04 am by Phantazem »
Cursed be the ground for our sake, both thorns and thistles it shall brig forth...for us, for out of the ground we are taken for the dust we are.....and to the dust we shall return.

Phantazem

• View Profile
Re: this game is broken
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 12:21:07 am »
at the very least some of you could join the teamspeak and make this a coop effort worth while for its op ai and ability to theif in traders you cant defend yourself from with no help
Cursed be the ground for our sake, both thorns and thistles it shall brig forth...for us, for out of the ground we are taken for the dust we are.....and to the dust we shall return.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 05:22:03 am »
I hate the fact people can steal from you so easily, and we all here know it's not realistic that guards stand around and do nothing while you get robbed. We know!

But programming this thing to be perfect so it simulates reality takes a ton of time, and these devs don't get paid to do this. So what you have to do, what each player has to do, is hang in there long enough to figure out certain things like that, and find what it is in this wasteland that appeals to you.

Hang in there. Survive. The players are almost all jackasses and even the worst will admit it. Yes, you can find a team. And some of them will be jackasses lol. You can find a better team and will never escape some percentage of jackassism. Or make your own team. Try that one. Recruiting. Base security. Oh man, it's a big giant harsh learning curve here. But you have one big problem, don'tchya? The same problem we all have...

You fell into this hole and you cannot get out. Same with the rest of us. We all love Fallout 2 but it's tough to go back to a slow, solo game, and play only against an AI when this game provides a much better challenge. Way tougher, but way better. So you try man - try climbing out if that's what you think is honorable at this point. I expect you'll have the same problem we all had: the game has you and won't let go!

When you found this game you took the red pill. You didn't know you took a red pill, but you did and you cannot un-take a pill. It's already digesting man! So what are you gonna do now? You're in. Dig in your heels and fight to climb the learning curve. Switch to Real-Time mode to go even farther down the rabbit hole. Embrace the harsh. There's just no other way.

PS: There are two camps in this game. The experienced players who fully embrace the harsh. They play the game mainly for its PvP features. You rarely see them in the main TeamSpeak because they have their own voice chat servers. Why would they use the public one and let enemies spy them? And then there's the other camp, mostly brand new players who think this is "Fallout 2 Online" and don't want to use TeamSpeak. They're exploring the map, running quests, having that fun for now (a clock that is ticking down to PvP btw). You don't see either one in the public TS channel. The ones you find there are in an interim state, making the transition from newbish PvE "hey let's build a faction!" and "i love radios for the immersion"...to pro-PvP "let's do Town Control" and "kill anything that moves during our TC because its probably enemy and we can't tell the difference" kinda thing. See? So i'm really glad you're so willing to use TS - that's a good sign you're thinking right. But 3 days...maybe be patient enough to find one of the existing teams here and realize this game is alive and well, and about to get better. Season 2 is bringing some excellent changes. Also check the Faction Announcements forum area for recruiting threads.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:34:24 am by Henry »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 09:36:44 am »
Wrong section, there is no suggestion here so I move it to General Game Discussion.

Probably your approach to the game is wrong. 2238, which Reloaded is based on, was a lot more difficult yet many players played it without problems. Many players that finished Fallout 1 and 2 come to Reloaded and think that just getting a gun and killing some NPCs is a good way to start, but it isn't. You need to finish some quests, get a tent on level 2 and work on your supplies a bit (armors, weapons, ammo) before that. There is a lot of resources, guides and other knowledge here, you just need to take some time to read it. Check Survival Guides/Game Help section - sticky topics - and read wiki. Most players consider this as an easy game after they learn some basics.

AreGays

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 03:34:02 pm »
If you tell me your ig nick and when you can be online I would give you some Combat Armors and some ammo so you can start leveling.

Anyway as the Admin said, you have to start learning about making your own stuff, your own tent and start being self-sufficient.

Thats not really hard, on the first day I started to play I reached to kill Junktown wards easily.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 06:37:15 pm »
Phantazem,
Yes, it's a tough game to start out. Yes, there are asshats and ******* who do stupid shit for kicks. Yes, IRL they'd die in short order in the fallout world.
But stick it out. Life begins around level 5. By then, you've developed your skills and your body to handle the rigors of the world. Even against those who've gained an unfair advantage........ >:(
Just stick it out. :-*
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Phantazem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 12:36:12 am »
I appreciate your feedback you guys I'm all for the hard work and I'm trying to get more to join I will not give up on this and I must say I do appreciate the hard work the devs have put in to what I've seen so far I think its going to be a lot of trial and error in how to proceed I prefer not to lone wolf it I have a crew in dayz i'm a multi console owner and am a walking encyclopedia of the fallout multiverse I hope I can find a way to promote the game and its teamspeak feature to get more people interested and create a hero crew. This game is no pushover I just found it really frustrating you can rob people in the first 5 min but not defend it really is a matter of watching those around you I thought more people my age would be playing than the younger crowd given interplay and blackisle having took a dive past 99 I still have FO 1-2 torment diablo 1-2 phantasmagoria 1-2 7th guest 11th hour and all manner of the best of the old so this throwback is amazing for me I just need to research the stats in relation to what you fight early and what stats to upgrade accordingly.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 01:29:37 am »
Ok then that was fun to read i'm glad you're not quitting so fast If you want to use TS to voice chat with an existing team then i will start using the main Reloaded channel and watch for you What is your name in there Hey i hope you get more guys to try this game because we always need more people Fallout 2 forever i say I love that game it's my all-time favorite

the guy that is good

• keep fighting we can win this!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 02:52:03 am »
not all of us are asses take me for example im willing to help ANYONE on this game you can find me at the hub by the name of good guy ill be happy to help you
life is too short to do something so simple

Phantazem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 12:12:04 am »
My name in game is -Phantazem- finally got through the beginning staying away from everyone till I got a tent setup the first mad max leather out of a grave boomstick sledge crafted a pole lol I hope I can keep the ball rolling stashed the nothing I have I made posts on my fb and several of my friends will be joining all of us work full time and I have 2 kiddos so I try as much as possible so i'll make it a point around noon every sunday to join the ts channel any of you who want to team up and help me understand the dynamics of this mmo I gladly welcome the help I live in phoenix az so when its 5 for me its 8 on the east and 7 central i'll keep my eyes out for you as i'll be playing for awhile tonight.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 12:41:29 am »
I have been watching for you in TS. Glad you're climbing the radiated ladder of survival.

Phantazem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 05:10:07 am »
indeed i'll be in ts tomorrow I figured out you can mine ore so I've actually stashed some wealth per all your recommendations thank you btw so got a little armor and couple weapons and have avoided everyone like ebola and now I think I can move on from being lvl2 rockage so henry I will definitely see you in the teamspeak tomorrow and anyone els in I will be happy to meet you