May 08, 2024, 11:45:59 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Which factions were/are important in fonline community?  (Read 11999 times)

Fallout Dweller

• View Profile
Which factions were/are important in fonline community?
« on: June 04, 2016, 08:13:21 pm »
Hi guys. I play again for several days, still getting crashes especially in quarry locations but it isn't main subject...

I'm somehow interested in factions history and want to know which were available in past and these days. In Reloaded wiki, we can read about few factions, however while reading old archives of previous fonline version which was 2238 according to Reloaded's website, I found a lot PvP factions. If you don't now what I'm talking about, check this out and of course 2238's wiki archives.

The main question is: What happened to these all factions?

Which of them were important in the past? Do old players still play the fonline? Many questions, any answers...

As I noticed, few players are Reloaded's developers. It looks like typical players turned into full developers, it's interesting. Generally, I'm really interested in factions history and fonline itself. As soon as I get free time, I will dive into old archives and do it on my own, definitely it will be time-consuming so I asked you for a little summary here. Experienced old veterans are welcome.

Well, if you're willing to expand discussion, we could talk about general fonline history too.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Which factions were/are important in fonline community?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 08:16:12 pm »
Social Warriors are currently the mix of 2238-era Bang Bang Smash, Chosen Soldiers and Rogues.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 08:35:01 pm »
There's many old players from factions that don't exist anymore but play under new flags. Most pvp players have played in 3 or more factions. Most players know each other even if they're on separate teams they probably played together at some point before. One day factions can hate on each other but after wipe you see the same players playing together.
While the servers are run by former fonline players. Reloaded devs have BBS origin, Fo2 devs have SOT origin, AOP devs have TTTLA and C88 origins
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:36:37 pm by Hungry Hungry Shark »

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 09:21:55 pm »
Some of those old factions are still around but just are on other servers or have many players that dont play now and just wait for wipe until they play again.

Im not sure what you mean by which factions were important. Like sharky said some servers have devs from some old factions but there were also a lot of factions that didnt make servers but were respected in pvp and had times they were powerful/well known. Like amboy dukes or rogues.

Some other factions didnt do tons of serious pvp but are remembered for other reasons like section 8 was known for griefing.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 05:13:55 am »
What's a faction?

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 02:09:55 pm »
Some of the older players from 2238 factions spread all across the FOnline world including TLA MK2, Requium, FOnline 2, AoP, and obviously Reloaded. I would say the majority of 2238 players are on TLA MK2, Reloaded, and FOnline 2 (in that order).

But like any good thing, some factions just came to an end. As time goes along, factions die and new ones arise.
Khans for example. We are a mixture of 2238 veterans and reloaded only players. Anyways, I hope I contributed to the conversation.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 06:45:24 pm »
If you ever get a hang of Kelin, I spoke to him about FOnline history a few years ago. He has alot of knowledge about it. Don't know if he's around still though.
I saved the text about how FOnline in general developed, like how the builds were discovered over the time, min-maxing them properly, how gangs were made and such. But I unfortunately lost it when my hard drive broke a year ago.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:47:42 pm by Knife_cz »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 03:00:16 am »
Some other factions didnt do tons of serious pvp but are remembered for other reasons like section 8 was known for griefing.

We were good at that.

After the last session of 2238 most of us moved to FO2, and played most of the first session. The majority of the core members are late 20's or early 30's and have IRL shit to do or have moved to other games. The few of us who still play semi-regularly are scattered across different servers. There might only be five or so of us who still log in.

Skype chat is still going though, only it isn't 1,000+ messages a day anymore.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 03:17:46 am »
Skype chat is still going though, only it isn't 1,000+ messages a day anymore.

DUDE put me back in it lol

Fallout Dweller

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 07:54:09 pm »
Thank you for information guys.

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 10:46:06 am »
Section 8, good times, I miss 2238, was so fun.

manero

• Supporter
  • I love big guns and i cannot lie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 12:25:35 pm »
Quote from: Fallout Dweller
The main question is:What happened to these all factions?

One day they will return, like a heroes from the dark past to spread chaos and destruction. That day will be the last day of your miserable lifes. Beware.

Some info from FO2238 archives http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Bang_Bang_Smash
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:27:24 pm by manero »
Bang Bang Smash

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 02:10:15 am »

I miss the chaos and lulz. lulz for days.

Good to see you around mang.

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 02:19:43 am »

I miss the chaos and lulz. lulz for days.

Good to see you around mang.

Good to see you too, trying to get back into it, get some solo messing around going.

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 02:35:00 am »
We talk about 2238 in the second episode of the Khan's podcast, mostly our history ofc. but alot about server rules then vs. now and TTTLA and S8 are mentioned. Good luck with your project!

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016