May 14, 2024, 02:42:09 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: About SE and PvP lockers  (Read 2683 times)

NeedALight?

• View Profile
About SE and PvP lockers
« on: October 02, 2015, 10:13:49 pm »
As much as I like the addition of lockers in Reno and WH, I feel that power factions, that obviously have bigger chances of getting high tier gear from them, due to the amount of attempts that they are able to do, 2% may be too much.

My suggestion to fix this, would be adding a third locker location, in Ares Silo, at Vertibird crash site, with Enclave Soldiers as Slags, and reducing probability of high tier gear (HPAs, implants) to 1% or less.

About Special Encounters, specially Hidden Shelter and Military Bunker, players with higher luck and OD shouldn't have different chances of encountering them than any other player. There are certain players that make chars just to click from one point of the map to the other to "farm" SE.

My suggestion for this is making an equal chance of encountering SE for all players, perhaps 1% for all encounters and 0.2% for Shelter and Bunker.

That's all, folks.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: About SE and PvP lockers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:42:37 pm »
SE are determined by luck and OD?
Never heard of it, I have 9 luck, almost maxed OD and still only 2 Abandoned Shelters and One Bunker SE in whole session.

For Reno it's quiet true you need strong team to win, but even without factions you would need few guys to deal with those slags. Try to do WH. I done it few times alone, and on 9tries I only once met someone else. Still I didn't found single implant. Don't change things that ain't broken please.
GUN FOR HIRE

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 12:03:20 am »
What's the problem with slags again ? You just take them one by one - not a full retard style and they become dust on your unique item that u just need to blow off to get it to usage. Special encounters are idiotic idea in my opinion, the concept of adding tier 4 into it somehow made them rare. Sadly some players have no life and will always try to only get those items by making Outdoor characters and walking back and forth just to encounter it.

Yes, outdoor increases your chance in form of not-falling into every fucking encounter. It makes it faster, easier and safier at once.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 12:08:18 am »
Only outdoorsman and level counts adn the terrain you move on, nothing else (so far from the latest source).

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 01:02:50 am »
I don't think you've ever searched for SE's They have about  a 50% chance of Tier 4, and you can get them with 1 Luck
OD doesn't change your chance of getting SE you simply just have the option to ignore the other encounters.

You can find SE without even moving on the world map, just move in and out of one zone over and over again.

If you feel like its OP try it out and see how long it takes for you to find T4 with SE

There should be more PVP lockers IMO, lockers that will attract people to far off places.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 03:18:51 am »
What's the problem with slags again ? You just take them one by one - not a full retard style and they become dust on your unique item that u just need to blow off to get it to usage. Special encounters are idiotic idea in my opinion, the concept of adding tier 4 into it somehow made them rare. Sadly some players have no life and will always try to only get those items by making Outdoor characters and walking back and forth just to encounter it.

Yes, outdoor increases your chance in form of not-falling into every fucking encounter. It makes it faster, easier and safier at once.

Did I wrote that I have problem with slags ?

I wrote that WH is soloable and Reno can be hard, cause those slags stand closer than those in WH, so you can take one or two friends with you and easily waste them. I don't have any problem with slags pal.
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 07:41:22 am »
I agree with chopping up the percentages, and I also didn't like the idea of SE hunting as the only way to get T4.

I think reducing WH and Reno to 1%, adding a chest to Ares with 1% and possible a chest in glow and vault 15 with 0.5%. That way there's still the same percentage chance of rare items spawning, just in various area. Glow and vault 15 are just ideas, as long as there are NPC guards for the chest, you could even cut up that last % even further and make a 0.2% chance for special stuff to spawn in reno sewers, warehouse basement, vault 15, glow and mariposa (or wherever).

So long as there are guards and it is a PvP enabled zone it shouldn't be abusable right?

Just my thoughts, I am very happy that T4 can be gained from PvP activities (reno, WH), but I agree that it has centered a lot of the server's PvP to these locations, which means that the big pvp teams are usually there, or on their way between the two locations. I think adding more locations just gives more people a chance at getting to the loot, while still providing at least 3 great PvP locations (the 1% spots), and also distinct separations between the locations, with Ares being the most dangerous, having so many mutant spawns and reno being the "easiest" with only 3 slags.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:51:09 am by Blarney »

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 08:22:01 am »
The only way to fix team camping is to limit the amount of players allowed inside of an arena like environment like Hinkly.
Or to have different instances for a set of people.

The problem is more the fact that there is free PVP then there are big teams. More freedom will mean players can do whatever to their own advantage.

Though having many more spots would make for a more interesting server even if it just means more of the same will be happening.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 10:42:23 am »
Yeah, cut this % even more...I did few times those lockers (around 11 times) and have no implant or T4 gear. Only some armors or adv.guns but craftable one. Leave it as it is. No one is controlling this lockers, I do it solo and see there players rarely. Never spot there bigger group.
GUN FOR HIRE

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 04:36:16 pm »
I believe special encounters are completely random and luck and outdoorsmans don't play a factor.

Also for adding a 3rd at Ares, I think it will be better if it were at the end of the dungeon. People already have to deal with muties+those enclave soldiers probably died to them already xd.

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 07:10:15 pm »
I believe special encounters are completely random and luck and outdoorsmans don't play a factor.

Also for adding a 3rd at Ares, I think it will be better if it were at the end of the dungeon. People already have to deal with muties+those enclave soldiers probably died to them already xd.

IMO another way of putting it would be, What's tougher Mutants, and Enclave or Skags?
The former should merit a higher reward than the later IMO.
In Maintenance Mode.

Frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 02:13:35 am »
We really should have more T4 chests, as many as possible. If we had enough, we could also lower the spawn rates for top tier gear. It'd help remove the alleged issues of a single faction dominating the majority of spawns, as well as add more reasons to travel the map.

We have so many destinations that are essentially unused; Crater, Navarro, BOS, the abandoned Theme Park... It'd be nice to give them some life, particularly on the western end of the map above San Francisco.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 08:11:45 am »
BoS and Navarro arent good maps for this. Theme park and Crater are too small Im afraid. Still you have Sierra Army Depot, Mariposa Base, Talchem. Even toxic caves could be nice small dungeon with loot on V15 level.
GUN FOR HIRE

Frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 08:24:47 pm »
BoS and Navarro arent good maps for this. Theme park and Crater are too small Im afraid. Still you have Sierra Army Depot, Mariposa Base, Talchem. Even toxic caves could be nice small dungeon with loot on V15 level.

Ah, I haven't explored all of these particularly well. I'll take your word for it. Still, point still stands. Spread the loot! Cover the map in activities!

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 05:37:04 am »

Ah, I haven't explored all of these particularly well. I'll take your word for it. Still, point still stands. Spread the loot! Cover the map in activities!

I can't disagree :)
GUN FOR HIRE