May 06, 2024, 05:59:57 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Change or remove militia  (Read 9731 times)

T-888

• View Profile
Re: Change or remove militia
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 03:58:49 pm »
5-10 minutes would be enough. As long as you can't spam militia during a fight, it's fine.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 01:13:44 pm »
so why not disable rebuys during the TC window in BH and Redding, while introducing a 1h rebuy timer in the other towns?

This idea seems to be reasonable.

Anyway, militia is a joke. I've seen one player killing all militia by himself, because of lame AI.
Here's how he done it:
- Comes over to militia and hex him to death.
- Runs away on WM.
- Comes back, and militia forgets that he just killed one of them. So he hex another one.
- Repeats until all militia dies.

Make it that militia remembers if someone killed one of them, so next time they all attack him on sight.

kuba

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 01:25:03 pm »
Remove militia because i can;t pk in Broken hills. When i shoot a player they instantly kill me or i have to run.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 02:26:37 pm »
Kirkor militia in small tc 7vs7 or 10vs10 can give you big advantage. You will have to spend ap to kill them but at same time other gang will shoot you down. 2nd of there is a fight and we have only 3vs4 alive militia can steal a victory from you or push enemy out of the city.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 03:00:17 pm »
The whole concept of militia seems nice, but it kills small pvp. So as far as im concerned militia can be removed.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 03:00:52 pm »
@Jacky That's why I wrote, that Nice_Boat had good idea.

I also wrote something, that may help guard the city outside TC hours.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 04:24:18 pm »
I am agnist changing it ..

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2013, 08:36:24 pm »
To quote the best in the world StarCraft:BroodWar player when he got into Starcraft2 and got asked about Starcraft2 balance:
"I don't think I have enough skill to judge the balance. "

I like how everyone is a FOnline-Reloaded balance expert on this forums.
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 01:31:27 am »
I like this new chane but 4wont keep law :/ idea is good but maby 6would be better?

Imrin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 02:23:58 pm »
First, if we consider what purpose the Militia serve, and consider which purpose they should serve, we can determine if they're serving that purpose and we can set a clear goal: making Militia function as intended, or as conducive to their purpose as possible.

Quickly, the question becomes, "How do we make the Militia the way we want them to be?" and to answer that we must define "the way we want them to be."

Analyzing, the first step is understanding the community's needs. In this case, the militia is clearly not powerful enough to fend off competent players, regardless of their numbers. I have personally went to all towns owned by TTTLA and Netwars and routinely killed their Militia solo, so the militia is not protecting the towns from competent players. This means that the militia does not prevent the town from being taken over by another faction, which is implicitly a requirement of them, as otherwise they would impede a main game mechanic; town control. What the Militia currently do, however, is establish a competency requirement for taking towns. This encourages a competitive environment, where Town Control will be between adequately competent factions.

Expanding, if Militia serve the purpose of preventing incompetent players from taking towns then they should serve that purpose as well as possible without impeding other mechanics. For this, the Militia should not respawn during Town Control, and they should not be able to be obtained at all during Town Control, the contending faction having already passed the competency test. Next, we must consider player competency and define it, so as to control the strength of the Militia and, therefore, the competency of Town Control participants. This now becomes an issue of balance which can be weighed upon clearly by answering the question, "How strong should the militia be?" and superrationally considering the answers. Assuming this is done, now the Militia must be accessible for its purposes, which is after Town Control where the towns are no longer contended.

I recommend the following:
No respawn or acquisition of Militia during Town Control. This ensures that Town Control will be between players, not NPCs.
Immediately after Town Control, Militia start spawning at progressively increased intervals until resting at a constant. This ensures that towns can be contested immediately after a town is taken and factions not discouraged from being contesting towns immediately after they have been taken, encouraging PvP. Eventually, this ensures that incompetent factions cannot contend. An equivalent system serving the same purpose better would be ideal.

I think the Militia are fine as-is for their power, not accounting for respawns or otherwise acquisition. I say this considering a possible bias as someone with no issue soloing them, as I've seen worse players identify Militia as insurmountable, ensuring at least some semblance of their purpose being fulfilled.

kuba

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 08:09:50 am »
If you dont remove militia then theres no point to play this game (no pvp). Every unguarded city should be safe to pvp. Right now it's impossible because fucking militia kills anyone who want to pvp in an unguarded city.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 08:13:17 am »
If you can't kill milita then you can't probably PvP ;p

kuba

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2013, 08:17:15 am »
I can but thats waste of ammo and they respawn. Whole TC is gay because not everyone wants a gang of 20 people. Some likes alone playing and TC destroys that idea, making this game team based. Unguarded cities should be for pvp. And best items should not be from gay tc lockers but from Bosses. Why theres no frank horrigan boss or no master boss? This mod (its far to call this a game) needs major changes.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 08:29:48 am »
I can but thats waste of ammo and they respawn. Whole TC is gay because not everyone wants a gang of 20 people. Some likes alone playing and TC destroys that idea, making this game team based. Unguarded cities should be for pvp. And best items should not be from gay tc lockers but from Bosses. Why theres no frank horrigan boss or no master boss? This mod (its far to call this a game) needs major changes.

MMO playing solo? Srsly guys why you even wanna play that game, go play some single players. I don't even try to get it

kuba

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2013, 08:37:52 am »
You don't understand what i said. Playing solo but interaction with other players yes. For example: me playing alone (or with a friend) and killing players.