May 21, 2024, 04:57:28 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: EMP Ammo should work against and disable movement capabilities of Power Armor  (Read 1113 times)

HalGravity

• View Profile
Effect could be that if the PA user is hit and roll is positive it disables the moving capability for a while (5 seconds or Roll). PA user can fire at attacker with slight aim penalties but cannot move.

Whatdayathink ?

Styles

• View Profile
It would ruin having PA since everyone would just use EMP weapons.

Plus one would think PA would be designed to counter EMP weapons. I mean it would be a huge design flaw/oversight if it wasn't protected.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
Ya, it doesnt make a lot of sense to skip the hardening process knowing theres a living person in it. For nass produced bots is another thing, though.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
I don't like the idea that best armor in the game has any flaws that other armors don't.

Just make the damn PA REALLY RARE. Not obtainable by walking to New Reno on bluesuit -.-

HalGravity

• View Profile
Most powerful armor in the game should be countered somehow.  Every weapon should have a countermeasure.
Obtaining a rare item should not make someone a superuser.

In half of the next session 10+ person faction posesing largest amount of PA's will control everything without real option to counter that threat.

PA's can't give god status.

I don't like the idea that best armor in the game has any flaws that other armors don't.
It also offers the resistance that other armors don't. It can't have only good sides :)

It would require to poses a shotgun with EMP ammo. It also would require firing upon a target and scoring a disable roll.

Styles

• View Profile

It would require to poses a shotgun with EMP ammo. It also would require firing upon a target and scoring a disable roll.
[/quote]

EMP ammo is very easy to make and shotguns are very common. Making EMP weapons the Powe Armour's kryptonite would ruin it.

A rare and powerful armour easily countered by a very common ammo.

There's also pulse grenades.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile

True.