May 07, 2024, 09:22:59 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Rework militia  (Read 2701 times)

Dank Anel

• Supporter
  • Makes FOnline better since 2009
    • View Profile
Rework militia
« on: October 10, 2015, 12:45:16 pm »
TC became big PVE not PVP, best to delete it or make cooldown to buy new one militia.
fuck my grama fuck my engilsh... come fight little pusses!!!!!

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Dank Anel

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Rework militia
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:49:30 pm »
+ Den/Redding NPCs shouldn t support militia while it fight.

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 01:05:20 pm »
If I remember correctly TC will be reworked soon (after wipe), so I think it's temporary problem. Anyway it's quiet problematic to fight at first mass of militia and than you can fight players (if they come). So I would propose what DA said, make some cooldown or something with those "cops".
GUN FOR HIRE

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 01:09:39 pm »
What a bunch of cry babies.

TC is fine, don't change a thing.   The harder it is to take towns the better.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 01:10:48 pm »
It's not crying, and it's not harder. It just add too much no brain PvE into something that was from start idea of PvP.
GUN FOR HIRE

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 01:32:02 pm »
Then why do we have TC in first place ? Removal of Militia or atleast making them respawn every half hour and possibility to buy more every 24 hours would be best solution. The controlling faction always abuses the shit out of system and spams then npcs while poking rest of ts bc they're equal numbers and feel that they're in danger. It's pointless pathetic primitive feature and person responsible for implementing or even suggesting this shit should be hang on tree by his balls.. upside down..

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 01:49:10 pm »

I guess it's your opinion if you believe that TC is a PVE feature and should 95% consist of a single enemy faction member perma spamming new militia.

In my opinion Militia need to be weakened (seriously, who thought it was a good idea to arm them with G11?) and put a hire limit on them (5 per hour?).

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 01:50:37 pm »
Yes, guys in Metal Armors with high tech guns are quiet strange in those old ruined towns :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Kaaon

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 04:19:45 pm »
few days ago G11 militia bursted me at for range for 259 and earlier for 296  ::) 
militia is ok, it makes sense since its CONTROLING of town, makes you safer when crafting and looting box but it affects PvP too much
ability to buy militia is only used for abuse (when enemies are inside short after timer end or before it starts they are buying them infinitely and there is no way to win against it)

imo :
- remove G11 from militia
- remove ability to buy them
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:21:20 pm by Seki »

HerO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 04:27:32 pm »
[spoiler]few days ago G11 militia bursted me at for range for 259 and earlier for 296  ::) 
militia is ok, it makes sense since its CONTROLING of town, makes you safer when crafting and looting box but it affects PvP too much
ability to buy militia is only used for abuse (when enemies are inside short after timer end or before it starts they are buying them infinitely and there is no way to win against it)

imo :
I agree with what Seki says. There is sense in having militia but having them being responsible for PvP wins makes no sense. I like idea that people who are controlling the town are "safer" in the town due to militia but couple militia with some assualt rifles is enough to make the people safe as you have to remember these NPCS will be acting as a meatsheild too and dealing okay damage with the guns they have (apart from G11 crits ofc).

Dank Anel

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 04:27:47 pm »

Oho, "TC faction" has spoken.  :facepalm

Fighting against limitless militia is not a point of TC i think

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 04:36:05 pm »

I lol'd

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 10:03:18 pm »
few days ago G11 militia bursted me at for range for 259 and earlier for 296  ::) 

imo :

Yeah, agreed here.

Other options;

Remove ability to buy them while TC timer is active (and for a period of time after).

Keep them tough and high HP but give them t1 or 2 guns only.

Make their appearance in a controlled town based on time not money (e.g. after you hold a town for 10 mins one militia is added).

Make them regionally based (shitty 100hp hunters in klamath, badass 400hp muties and ghouls in BH etc).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:30:03 pm by Blarney »

Dank Anel

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 11:40:17 pm »
So what's up with militia?
Sheriff became even more important than leader of enemy faction.  :facepalm

The whole topic is not about militia power, they are easy to kill, but the way of obtaining them.