May 13, 2024, 06:52:43 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 123212 times)

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #420 on: January 23, 2015, 10:49:21 am »

well you seem like the guy with all the answers, tell me how slags have improved the warehouse experience then please, and explain why that change was even needed at all

This is why I only seem like the guy with all the answers, I don't know how or even if the change in NPCs "improved" the WH, it wasn't a design choice made by me, though everyone is free to have an opinion on it which will at least be taken into consideration if enough people support your view, and could be changed later as a result.

haha look at that idiot jamesfett, he said warehouse is impossible to solo! lets show him that one video of that one guy who actually did it, that will really show him up ^_^ still no content from blix though, cmon suprise me with your BG build, the only thing missing from that vid was a set of PA on his back and you all know it ;)

Well, I wasn't responding because of that, your scathing review of this and the other fallout games brought out the fanboy in me, TBH when I am at the warehouse alone I sneak around in the background and wait for other people to do the dirty work. Cheap? Yes. But I know I probably won't survive the "slags" if I attack head on by myself so that is my only real way to "solo" the area.

I've come to accept that there are many areas where my main should really never go unless desperate or with friends, as I am very unsuited for certain situations, I can't (and shouldn't really be able to) solo everything, as much as I want to.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:27:36 am by Blarney »

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 23, 2015, 11:22:16 am »
well before there where slags u could also bluesuit warehouse or at least needed a regular ca armor/helmet to get to chest and out again.. so at least you only have to camp reno to deathsentence the bluesuit looters ;)

i have a sneaker/burster build with 191 hp but the minigun guy is pretty hard that way. sometimes you own him sometimes you dont (with regular camk2). rest of the slags is pretty easy especially with some better armor that grants normal dt/dr. so imo the warehouse is soloable by the same builds as before. seki also soloed warehouse with a sniperbuild (with implants and hpa + bozar) but i think he can also solo it with xl and better ca.

jamesfett

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2015, 11:47:08 am »
well before there where slags u could also bluesuit warehouse or at least needed a regular ca armor/helmet to get to chest and out again.. so at least you only have to camp reno to deathsentence the bluesuit looters ;)

i have a sneaker/burster build with 191 hp but the minigun guy is pretty hard that way. sometimes you own him sometimes you dont (with regular camk2). rest of the slags is pretty easy especially with some better armor that grants normal dt/dr. so imo the warehouse is soloable by the same builds as before. seki also soloed warehouse with a sniperbuild (with implants and hpa + bozar) but i think he can also solo it with xl and better ca.

Seki can solo it, thanks for that

i guess it really aint impossible guys, Seki can do with full implants and like level 400, warehouse solo is standard thing now clearly, my bad guys ;)

oh and guy, stop saying long sentences and avoiding my question blarney, lets hear your "opinion" on the warehouse changes, and waiting for people to do your dirty work for you, unfortunately in essence is not solo, either willing or not you are still aided by others, lets hear your opinions on the warehouse changes? or do you really have literally nothing positive to say about the changes and thus you have no argument at all anyways? "though everyone is free to have an opinion on it " cmon then lets hear yours ;) or are you so far up kilgores ass he can do no wrong? granted he has done alot of good work but seriously, slags was horrible idea, i would have just beefed the death claws up a big, dont even see how sneaking is possible here now the slags have built in sneak detection like no other NPC i have encountered and also insane HP, 1 hex is your only option, as a melee sneaker i got anally raped here, king one day and nothing the next, all because of that stupid update, went from wrecking people in PA to just leaving...... deathclaws was fun because you would have one dickhead in blue suit constantly running around with a train of deathclaws, sometimes i would play benny hill music and chase them with my power fist and an evil smile, but now guys, im sorry but its shit, call my opinion stupid all you want but i still dont see anyone explaining too me how it was an improvment, simply because kilgore smoked some crack one day and thought it would be a cool idea, and all who question his greatness will be smited! rofl

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #423 on: January 23, 2015, 12:08:08 pm »
believe me i tryed to move to other fallout online games but they are all shit compared to reloaded (in its day)

That would be your opinion. A pretty harsh one too, seeing as the games seem to be working toward a similar goal and can learn from each others development etc.

i never did understand why the warehouse was made completely impossible

False statement.

and before you spin that line of shit that i should play anyways - No, just no, dont be fucking retarded why would i play before wipe its the most stupid shit ever

Hyperbolic straw man argument.

and after this huge rant the only real problem i have is that kilgore announced it WAY too soon

Well like he said, he could announce now that there will be another wipe after this wipe, which there will be eventually. So what is left to fear? Loss of easily acquirable gear or also as equally easily acquired XP?

well you seem like the guy with all the answers, tell me how slags have improved the warehouse experience then please, and explain why that change was even needed at all

and as for you blix, saying look - that one guy over there did it is still not a vid of you doing it, one man solos warehouse so its not impossible? maybe its not impossible, the vidieo evidence proves this, but as for you poor little blix, i see no vid of you soloing warehouse ;)

haha look at that idiot jamesfett, he said warehouse is impossible to solo! lets show him that one video of that one guy who actually did it, that will really show him up ^_^ still no content from blix though, cmon suprise me with your BG build, the only thing missing from that vid was a set of PA on his back and you all know it ;)
You're an idiot. Everyone knows I'm absolute shit at this game, I never said I personally could do it haha. No idea what you're trying to prove.
Of course, shit you're saying is entirely irrelevant. Almost everyone has PA now and the ones who don't probably don't know how to kill a supermutant.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 23, 2015, 12:11:52 pm »
Hmmmmm ...

Well to be fair , I'd say slags are not waaaaay too op but you are wrong about sneaking there , I played 10 PE Sharpshooter Sniper and when enter from right side Slag won't even attack and when he turns his back you're good to sneak there.

If it was just player vs slags (even worst slags then this) I would be fine but you don't even have to be sneaker to finish one-2-3 guys off (depending on level and gear) , you just have to preview map and enter at right time so it's pve and pvp and you can risk it with good gear at odd hours.

Not to mention that my Sniper could see sneaker much worst than 3 PE BG tank with motion sensor.

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 23, 2015, 12:44:30 pm »
I mist say deathclaws have been way to easy xp. it was like every 10 minutes 30k or so? slags are really worth the effort in that way. admit it, warehouse was just to easy. there were spots were you can kill all deathclaws with ease and a fat tank didnt even need ss for that cause he took simply close to 0 damage.

before change there were 60% bluits in reno and 40% in warehouse. now its 100% reno ^^ it feels like "Defense of the bluesuits"..

and back to topic:

imo it is just the attitude of people that is the problem. Of course someday there will be wipe. same counts for fonline2 aswell. dont tell me you expected that a wipe will never happen. But only because someone spoke it out loud you are going to your tent and never come back to worldmap again? thats your problem not ours. kilgore told often enough "play guys". but nooooo you are like "there will be an end and i dont know when exactly I REALLY CAN'T PLAY ANY LONGER". i don't get it ^^
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:48:31 pm by triqua »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 23, 2015, 01:42:53 pm »
blarney, lets hear your "opinion" on the warehouse changes,

I told you I don't know, I haven't raided the warehouse often enough to have a solid opinion on it, I have a homemade build that can and can't do certain things. Attacking more than 2 well armed people at a time requires luck and skill and i'd prefer to avoid such confrontations if at all possible, or wait until my odds are better. As far as me and the warehouse go its pretty 50/50 whether I'll get out alive with or without loot.

and waiting for people to do your dirty work for you, unfortunately in essence is not solo

True, but I either die or get all the loot, so it's the same result.

or do you really have literally nothing positive to say about the changes and thus you have no argument at all anyways?

By that logic you also have no argument? I have already admitted that you do have an argument, I was trying to suggest that you voice that more specifically and with less insults. (in suggestions or something, you probably have more of an opinion on the topic than me and I'm sure there are others that would agree with you in some way).

or are you so far up kilgores ass he can do no wrong?

I'm happy to admit I'm "up the ass" of anyone working freely or near freely on keeping the various fonlines going. That doesn't mean they don't make mistakes in my eyes or that I won't argue against something I have issue with.

as a melee sneaker i got anally raped here, king one day and nothing the next, all because of that stupid update, went from wrecking people in PA to just leaving....

Well that is a whole other issue really, again, a refrained suggestion might argue your point further than a rant on the wipe topic.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 23, 2015, 03:25:29 pm »
jamesfett:
I don't have a magic ball that can predict future. When I announced wipe, it was indeed very possible 2 maybe 3 months away. But not all things depend on me. We were in the process of updating the game to the newer version of fonline engine, this is complicated process. Then, some critical engine bugs were making it not possible for several months until fixes came (and we are still waiting for some non-critical bugfixes). I would call it bad luck, but shit happens sometimes. Meanwhile, a lot of things appeared in TODO list, new bugfixes, new stuff..
now you get the picture?

On the other hand, if I didn't announce wipe but started working on it and stopped updating the running server, you would be first here to post "why no more updates!?" and "teh gaem is ded" threads.

That's why I told you to not stop playing in the first place. If you did otherwise, it's your own fault, resulting from bad approach.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 23, 2015, 07:54:04 pm »

Seki can solo it, thanks for that

i guess it really aint impossible guys, Seki can do with full implants and like level 400, warehouse solo is standard thing now clearly, my bad guys ;)

oh and guy, stop saying long sentences and avoiding my question blarney, lets hear your "opinion" on the warehouse changes, and waiting for people to do your dirty work for you, unfortunately in essence is not solo, either willing or not you are still aided by others, lets hear your opinions on the warehouse changes? or do you really have literally nothing positive to say about the changes and thus you have no argument at all anyways? "though everyone is free to have an opinion on it " cmon then lets hear yours ;) or are you so far up kilgores ass he can do no wrong? granted he has done alot of good work but seriously, slags was horrible idea, i would have just beefed the death claws up a big, dont even see how sneaking is possible here now the slags have built in sneak detection like no other NPC i have encountered and also insane HP, 1 hex is your only option, as a melee sneaker i got anally raped here, king one day and nothing the next, all because of that stupid update, went from wrecking people in PA to just leaving...... deathclaws was fun because you would have one dickhead in blue suit constantly running around with a train of deathclaws, sometimes i would play benny hill music and chase them with my power fist and an evil smile, but now guys, im sorry but its shit, call my opinion stupid all you want but i still dont see anyone explaining too me how it was an improvment, simply because kilgore smoked some crack one day and thought it would be a cool idea, and all who question his greatness will be smited! rofl
What if i told you youre going to die someday, you dont know how and when its going to happen. Just stop caring for your life now, you will die anyway. Whats the point? Same thing for the wipe.

jamesfett

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 24, 2015, 02:30:43 pm »
well all i can say is at least its not far away and soon my wait will be over :P

i may seem ungrateful but really all i wanna do is play the game i do like your work kilgore (the majority of it anyways)

i cant wait to see it when its done :P 2 to 3 months aint too long really considering

thanks for the reply

Moep

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 12, 2015, 01:39:14 pm »
well all i can say is at least its not far away and soon my wait will be over :P

i may seem ungrateful but really all i wanna do is play the game i do like your work kilgore (the majority of it anyways)

i cant wait to see it when its done :P 2 to 3 months aint too long really considering

thanks for the reply

I think you misunderstood, the 2 to 3 months was when he announced the wipe back then...

So well how is your progress Kilgore? Its been some time I heard something

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 15, 2015, 10:19:04 am »
Work in progress. It's going well. The update will be enormous and far greater than what was mentioned in the first post.

We'll also need some serious engine bugs fixed before wipe, so not everything depends on us.

Craig Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 15, 2015, 01:37:03 pm »
Good Luck
The Masters Of Disharmony Leader
(would you like to know more^^^???)

Come on you ape you wanna live forever?

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 15, 2015, 03:43:02 pm »
Ye lot of ppl just waiting for wipe, maybe some minor patch could bring some ppl back meanwhile.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 15, 2015, 04:01:31 pm »
For me it can be wipe without any patch or update. :) It will be wipe anyway. :D