May 12, 2024, 12:55:41 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: All known special encounters  (Read 11287 times)

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
All known special encounters
« on: September 22, 2013, 01:34:55 am »
Does anyone have a good idea of what special encounters there are and exactly what is in them? So far, I only know...

Bus stop in desert: Centaur, ~24 nuka colas
Family grave: Shovel, eyeglasses, necklace,  10000 caps, some rocks and a flower
Abandoned howitzer: 10 howitzer shells, NCR Ranger Armor + Mirrored Shades or brotherhood armor+helmet or enclave armor+helmet
Clinic: Lots of medical supplies, crowbar, some needler pistols and ammo, drug blueprint(Couldn't pick lockers, anyone tell me if I missed something important?)
Factory: Lots of high quality metal and alloys
Old Warehouse: 10mm pistol with ammo, Vertibird with key, gold watch, junk, lots of molerats
Small hidden bomb shelter: 2 of the following: PA + helmet OR HPA + helmet OR gauss pistol OR vindicator minigun OR ncr/brotherhood/enclave armor + headgear OR pulse rifle OR gatling laser + ammo OR solar schorcher OR bridgekeeper's robe OR 2x minigun. Low tier loot such as iguanas, nuka colas, fruits, shotgun shells, combat leather jacket/metal mk2. Key is found easily to the locker room as the shelter is so small.

Please fill me in on anything I missed. Since I could not find one, I'm trying to make an easy and comprehensible guide of special encounters for people
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:42:33 pm by Sir Craftkid »

Martyr

• View Profile
Re: All known special encounters
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 01:50:03 am »
Factory: Has a lot of alloys, metal parts, and HQ mats.  Needs a little lockpick or a lot of patience to get all the containers open.

I also found NCR Ranger armor and Mirrored Shades at the Howitzer encounter.

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 02:33:07 am »
Family grave can also give you a crystal necklace
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 02:42:03 am »
Family grave can also give you a crystal necklace
Oh crap, how did I forget something so simple? haha, will add right now

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 03:00:42 am »
There's also lost bunker (hidden) or something like that. It's really cool and has a special locker that gives you a gun that is possible to get only in this kind of encounter.

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 03:02:39 am »
There's also lost bunker (hidden) or something like that. It's really cool and has a special locker that gives you a gun that is possible to get only in this kind of encounter.
Ok, I know about that. Is it the same bunker from f2238, or are they 2 different encounters? And I know it depends, because I know someone found vindicator there, another HPA and helmet, another ncr armor and mirrored shades.

apocalypseman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 03:07:06 am »
Do character stats effect which special encounters you get?
Adapt to the harshness or become one with the dust.

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 03:13:36 am »
Do character stats effect which special encounters you get?
I believe not, but some(like vertibird or bunker) require higher levels, I think. I found the family grave at level 2, clinic somewhere in high 10s, and howitzer at 12, but I doubt that most of them have an actual set level. Just a low chance of encountering. However, the area on which you travel does affect it.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 08:24:20 am »
Vertibird encounter. You start in a street and you can see the vertibird parked inside a building, theres just a 10mm pistol and few bullets (12 more less). To reach the vertibird you need to go underground (lots of molerats there) and then reach a ladder. I did not found any keys, i lockpicked the vertibird.

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 08:26:29 am »
Thank you. Also, are any of these locations on the map? Can you return after you find them? So far, I haven't found any, but I heard some are like that

FireFlare

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 09:42:55 am »
At abondon howitzer there is a chance to get: brotherhood armor + helmet, Enclave armor + helmet, NCR armor + helmet

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 11:14:09 am »
Ok, I know about that. Is it the same bunker from f2238, or are they 2 different encounters? And I know it depends, because I know someone found vindicator there, another HPA and helmet, another ncr armor and mirrored shades.
I got that encounter in pre-barter era of 2238 and it was used mostly for farming gauss pistols.
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 11:54:15 am »
Actualy a encounter where u can find vertibird is called: Old Warehouse.
There is also a Small hidden bomb shelter,where u can find HPA...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 11:55:35 am »
Vertibird encounter. You start in a street and you can see the vertibird parked inside a building, theres just a 10mm pistol and few bullets (12 more less). To reach the vertibird you need to go underground (lots of molerats there) and then reach a ladder. I did not found any keys, i lockpicked the vertibird.
The key is somewhere in severs...)))

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 12:52:57 am »
I knew there was a key somewhere, but i was unarmed... Im so lucky.