May 14, 2024, 02:09:54 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: An idea that brings more ideas  (Read 4908 times)

Petrolz

• View Profile
An idea that brings more ideas
« on: April 05, 2015, 03:54:09 pm »
Something dropped on my mind.
I dont know how hard is to make this but i think it would open many new possibilities. If someone already mentioned these ideas im sorry for wasting time. Tho i didnt find many simmiliar things in search.
---
To implement a new item every non human critter(animal , monster ...) that you can encounter and kill will drop. This item for example Brahim(except brahim hide) will drop brahim chop or something like that. (we could or not ,  make special perk like hunter to get these special items or smth like that). SO they would drop some part of meat , organ , body part.

First idea : With those items and the one we already have we could implement cooking as new profession and with those items we could make shitload of recepies(new window just for cooking when you stand near fire or cauldron). 
                  (this is expanding it , to it is not necessary) New table where you would work with meat , part you find and organs so you can clean them or make something else for cooking

Second idea: We could use all those (special) items that mobs will drop , for ton and ton of different quests .
Quests that would involve kill x number of those mobs to get x number of the items they drop or combination of various items , or items from different mobs.
Cooking quests , that would involve numerous  possibilities.
Hunting quests  that would earn you trophies and new perks lets say Wanamingo Slayer or Exterminator depending of the number of kill you made.
Bounty quest - Kill special kind of Death Claw  that u can find at x y cords  , drops special item so they could know you killed it for rewards , and later get special perks depending on what you did.

Third idea : achievement for various accomplishments and Pers or Titles( that you can use in your name) as reward or something like that.

That's is all that dropped on my mind at this moment XD

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: An idea that brings more ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:08:47 pm »
I think it would be a good feature. But will require new items + graphics, unless we can recycle old pictures/ items. Would take time.

Critters don't drop anything except for the occasional skin. These need a buff. Adding cooking IMO isn't necessary but hunting + trophy collecting would be cool.

20x fire gecko pelts+
20x death claw paws+
350x brahmin skulls

= Trophy! Achievement!  Quest Reward!

You might be onto something.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:58:25 pm »
Or drop established items; why cant a rat drop a flint or 2? :)
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 04:31:15 am »
Or drop established items; why cant a rat drop a flint or 2? :)

What is this Mounty Python? Rats would need their own little backpacks. Therefore I'd have to come up with this huge story that talks about how the rats evolved into sentient beings that gather small items for global domination.

Or somehow found a way to attack while holding pieces of flint in their mouths.

Swag Master

• I'm that guy that you see running around then dies
    • View Profile
    • notarealsite.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 06:58:49 am »
Can we just get make all the Mantodea insects drop grenades ? It would solve my grenadier problems , and get that bug population down .

8)
Hire me to help you, help me, help you  . Also I do odd jobs .

Call me : 666-777-12345

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 07:00:31 am »
What is this Mounty Python? Rats would need their own little backpacks. Therefore I'd have to come up with this huge story that talks about how the rats evolved into sentient beings that gather small items for global domination.

They may just swallow it to grind food. A lot of animals do that.
And it works better for players than using rat pelts to shine up metal armor (*coughcough*).

Explaining why they have BOTTLE CAPS (ala f/f, zedla, et el), THATwpuld be...... well hard ridiculous and aggravating.

EDIT: Oh fuck it. Let's just feed them cheesy poofs and be done with it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:02:41 am by Chosen One »

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 07:27:31 am »
Rats are too small , maybe those pig rats could have flint lol , but its not it , if we had seagulls that would be a another story, you could even find a lighter there and bottle caps.
 As you can see , sadly they eat a lot of junk   .

Any how main thing is monster drops something like  meat , tail , skull or intestines.

For a simple example lets take floater , he could drop:
1. Ganglions 2. Ovipositors 3. fore mouths 4. Float sacs 5.Floater meat( you can use all of these as a quest item in various quests , including ones that could lead to Perks , Titles , Achievements in long chain quests.)

6.Floatation bladder(contains noxious gases) you could use these to make a special kind of fuel for flamethrower or bomb , or use it as a new type of fuel gas for cars(if you upgrade car to use gas). Or simple use it as an quest item.

And you could use all of these for cooking(if we consider it).
It could give possibilities for various kind of food that could heal you , regenerate you , give you some Stat bonuses , kill you , poison you , give you radiation ( i know that stuff that give you those bonuses already exist and there is no use to make new stuff , tho in wasteland not everyone had access to chem labs so they could make drugs , so they used everything they could to make stuff with different effect .) Those in Arroyo , they certainly knew some crazy shit to make :D
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 09:27:26 am »
Are you thinking "rat" as in the size of a man's fist, or RAT!!!!! as in thr size of a man's HEAD... I've seen 'em that big....

And I THOUGHT I'd seen BIG:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/giant-rat-massive-rodent-dubbed-3289846
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:29:47 am by Chosen One »

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 10:15:30 am »
LoL focus on the idea , not on rats :P It is fallout they can get big as you want from radiation or FEV or who knows what. But that isnt important at this moment :D
Lets not expand main idea too much :D

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:08 am »
Let me clarify- I really hate killing the rats for nothing. Even a shitty assed flint is "something" which is more thsn you get now...... i mean REALLY they never stood a chance, but i was forced to kill them..... we could at least make their death mean 'something.' XP? Not enough to be worth it. Even my collie can kill rats.....

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 12:20:10 pm »
Yeah i know what are you saying . They could drop one of the items like : Rat skull , Dead rat(that you can even eat for some hp), Rat tail . That would be later used for quests , or Trophy or Achievement or some Perk. :)

Simple example of a Bounty chain quest result , after killing x number of rodents or rats(and collecting the items they asked for) you get perk Rodent Exterminator that gives you 10% more damage to rodents! And for fun you get Trophy get http://www.eatonnott.co.uk/shop/image/cache/data/rat12-600x600.jpg :D

And that Tophy could use 1 time item that would give you some bonus , or you can change it for some item that are offered for different kind of Trophies. Or it could just be an simple Trophy that does nothing but will be counted as quest item and when you collect more Trophies or all of them you get something special :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:28:06 pm by Petrolz »

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 07:00:56 pm »

And it works better for players than using rat pelts to shine up metal armor (*coughcough*).

Explaining why they have BOTTLE CAPS (ala f/f, zedla, et el), THATwpuld be...... well hard ridiculous and aggravating.

Lol mammals don't swallow rocks to grind food. The only animals that do that are animals with gizzards. So basically only birds. Also just pick up flint in encounters. -1 because pointless.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 07:12:42 pm »

Lol mammals don't swallow rocks to grind food. The only animals that do that are animals with gizzards. So basically only birds. Also just pick up flint in encounters. -1 because pointless.

I think that this is an interesting idea, but due to the massive amount of work we have to do already this won't be implemented anytime soon, sorry.

Maybe in the free DLC after the new session.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 03:47:31 am »
So which would be simpler- a new critter or putting flint in their stomachs? :P
Still just saying "NO!" to flint? There's only about a thousand other options, though some make more SENSE than others...... a rat with s minigun? How about a nice brock flower intead....

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 04:32:19 am »
So which would be simpler- a new critter or putting flint in their stomachs? :P
Still just saying "NO!" to flint? There's only about a thousand other options, though some make more SENSE than others...... a rat with s minigun? How about a nice brock flower intead....

Jesus, woman. What's with you and rocks?

Is there not enough flint in the world?! Is there not enough flint in the world!