May 13, 2024, 02:59:26 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: SERVER WIPE ANNOUNCED  (Read 76616 times)

vig

• View Profile
    • Blog and artwork dump
Re: SERVER WIPE ANNOUNCED
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2015, 02:25:23 pm »
200kg is too low for anything.
the only reason the first lifegiver (+20) was worth it is because the other ones gave more.
-ap shooting cost should have been changed to a flat +1 max ap. Or make all less powerful weapons cost less to shoot by default

fire gecko pelts to craft ca is also bad. Choose another resource

rest seems good
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:44:44 pm by vig »

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2015, 02:28:18 pm »
- Slaves will gather only up to 200kg of resources

I'd have to disagree with this part of changelog. I realise this is a direct attack against private mining, and that is something that Imo is yet to configure properly.

Obviously nobody will buy a private mine and mine in it regularly. That's just masochistic. The same goes for Public HQ Quarrys. So that leaves players without ability to craft items that require HQ materials. And yeah, I know making last minute fixes are bad at this point. And it's not in a rush I think.

My suggestion would be - Make seller of private mines have a new dialog option to sell instantly 950 HQ minerals & 950 HQ iron for the price of 100k. It's basicly 1/3 of what private mines were, with less stall and same price. Less profit, less time wasted and lets people play the game without Masochistic grind on other activitys.

I agree with but instead i propose 100k caps for 950 of each ores. 950 minerals 950 hq minerals 950 iron and 950 hq iron.
Otherwise its too low.

Strike

« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2015, 02:29:36 pm »
What about hotel rooms, gambling, tent defence system, and most important 1ap fast shooters -> 2ap in turn based?

Are those saved for actual season?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:31:26 pm by Strike »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2015, 03:15:10 pm »
I've been saying that life givers should be a flat 30 per level ever since 2238 went to this system, but I'm happy with the change here. It will definitely help my builds.

As far as mining and leveling, I'm not going to mine all day either, and definitely not spending 100k to get way fewer resources due to personal time constraints. This is where the science items on 1 hex thing will help, since farming will probably yield more XP and resources in a given period of time than mining HQ stuff will. Not to mention workbench exploit is gone, which only adds more time.

Fire Gecko pelts for CA is interesting. It will get people who want to craft it out of mines and out farming or bartering. Encounter PvP is still fun for me. Lots of changes to get hamsters out of tents...

Would definitely like to know if posted rules will change as well.

Still curious about TPR and Fast Shot/BROF TB builds. If 1 ap shots are still possible with this combo it's still broken, cause that's what people will use in traps eventually. I know it's "rare" now... but it won't be for long.

My only real disappointment with the changelog is I was hoping FA and SG skill books would work as was indicated months back. I guess IN is already a dump stat, so not a big deal.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 03:20:16 pm by Wind_Drift »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2015, 03:34:56 pm »
Are those saved for ACTUAL season?

There you guys go again, talking like this is a test session. It's making me downhearted.  :( :'(

As for the shared exp, that might actually make me spend some time doing PvE  ;D

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2015, 03:38:03 pm »
Removing -1AP from crafted guns is in my opinion good feature, but yes...there are still weapons with -1AP, rare but still  :-\

It should help anyway with those annoying TB traps, as well as 0 AP feature.

Just Fire Gecko Skin should be changed to some other resource....i think...
GUN FOR HIRE

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2015, 03:42:37 pm »
Fire Geckos are pretty tough NPC. I think it is a good idea to use the skin because it will encourage newbies to stray away from the loving arms of safety of the Hub. It will toughen them up a bit and maybe allow for some good PK areas. Good idea Kilgore.

DrWho

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2015, 03:52:14 pm »
I would really be nice if my account could be verified so I can play. I've been waiting a day to get online and nothing so far.. NO return email to say .. hey your in.. "sigh"

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2015, 03:55:41 pm »
Yup, it's very good idea. Fire Geckos are quiet tought, it's not something really hard.
Just Fire Geckos dont match CA for me. I know it's only for now (in some thread they were posting about using it to make Leather Armor with fire resistance). Thats all.
GUN FOR HIRE

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2015, 04:06:12 pm »
Or make some cap for max.resources you can gather/will respawn? Not depending on time (one week) ?

This is a good idea  :)

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2015, 04:14:21 pm »
There seams to be a little confusion with those two:
- Added +1 max Action Point bonus for spawned weapons (only when spawned with bonus)
- Removed -1 AP cost bonus for crafted weapons
It means:
- weapons can now get +1 Action Point bonus (same as armors got now) but this bonus is only possible for spawned items - lockers and such
- removed -1 AP cost bonus from crafted weapons = entirely removed -1 AP cost bonus, even from spawned items, it is replaced by +1 total AP bonus in case of spawned items.

1 AP/shot is no longer possible since max AP cost reduction you can now get is:
- 2 ap for 1-handed weapons (-1 from Bonus Rate of Fire, -1 from Fast Shot for weapons with aim mode for single shots)
- 3 ap for 2-handed weapons (-1 from Bonus Rate of Fire, -2 from Fast Shot for weapons with aim mode for single shots)
and there is no weapon that can get to 1 AP/shot with those reductions.
:facepalm

SEGA_RUS

« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2015, 04:15:48 pm »
Really great changelog!
What about mercs? They are still for PvE only?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2015, 04:19:37 pm »
God save the Mojuk, it's great man  :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2015, 04:20:54 pm »