May 17, 2024, 01:42:30 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Regarding quests  (Read 2815 times)

Noraa

• View Profile
Regarding quests
« on: July 05, 2015, 03:32:30 pm »
Is there and ideal level to start doing the quest i.e can you start from the get go or is it better to level up some first

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding quests
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »
If you like quests, then...I tell new players this a lot: at level 1, you get decent xp from poo. It cuts in half at level 2, but you don't need ammo to shovel poo so do poo til 2. Then start doing the easier jobs like moving boxes and water for farmers. Then easier quests like Sad Wife, Wasteland Band, the deal for Jacob, all available in Hub, and easy at any level. Delivery message for Elmer in Necropolis, Tent in the Wasteland, Medical Investigation (Vault City), not necessarily in that order.

Don't fight much with gun skill less than 100, but once you get gun skill over 110 or 120 or better, fine - get the scorpion cave quest from the doctor in Junktown (for non-melee) and don't get stung.

Remember though: to get a free boost to your fighting skill, get Boneyard Guard early, before you've boosted any of your fighting skills.

Once you get Even Tougher at level 9, or at least Toughness at level 6, get your Carry Weight perks, and try the ant lair quest in San Francisco, and the dogs quest in New Adytum. You can try the Rail Line Gang later with more hit points and i recommend drugs (Psycho) for that one.

You can also try the first part of the tanker quest from Klamath at a fairly low level, but you'll likely need help with the boss robot at the end. The Gunrunners mutant cave quest is a tougher one, lots-o-fun for the whole family (so bring them).

With a little crafting and fighting a few random encounters along the way, i usually make it to level 9 doing the easier ones.

Noraa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:19:03 pm »
Thanks a lot for the info i just stared doing the sad wife quest. But I'll be sure to check out the others you mentioned after im done

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 07:32:55 pm »
I can help with tanker or gun runners for some ammo.
GUN FOR HIRE

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 08:25:21 pm »
I should have also mentioned this partial guide on wiki, which might help for some levels.

Noraa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 09:21:54 pm »
I can help with tanker or gun runners for some ammo.

Thanks but I'm just gonna do sad wife for now that said i could do with 9mm ammo and some leather armor or something.

Thanks for the link Henry very helpful  :D

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 09:50:51 pm »
Okay, but whenever you will need some help PL me or catch me on radio 0 Channel
GUN FOR HIRE

Noraa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:31:23 pm »
Thanks i will. Need to get me a radio now

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 01:28:59 am »
Best quests between level 1 and 10, hunt dogs, take a train to hell, hunt ants, rinse, repeat.
Oh, and take a hunting knife. Screw the armor, just be sure to die close to a spawn point.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Noraa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 06:35:54 am »
Best quests between level 1 and 10, hunt dogs, take a train to hell, hunt ants, rinse, repeat.
Oh, and take a hunting knife. Screw the armor, just be sure to die close to a spawn point.

Thanks but I hit level 9 last night so any advice on quests for lets say level 10 ~ 15 ?

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 02:04:51 am »
Thanks but I hit level 9 last night so any advice on quests for lets say level 10 ~ 15 ?
Run Gecko/BH mines in circles.
Geckos.
Maybe Redding mines, stay off the Wannamingo side until you're stronger.

Noraa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 06:18:47 am »
Cool thanks for all the help such a great community. Im at around lvl 13 and im thinking maybe its time to do a train quest. Are they easy enough ?

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 10:56:04 pm »
Check your pms.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 11:34:02 pm »
If you are still looking for opportunity to get some nice experience, I would like to suggest some locker/gecko/ghoul/floaters/centaurs hunting. In party together we can kill'em all  ;)
GUN FOR HIRE

Noraa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 07:23:41 am »
If you are still looking for opportunity to get some nice experience, I would like to suggest some locker/gecko/ghoul/floaters/centaurs hunting. In party together we can kill'em all  ;)

Thanks but im doing fine im gaining 2 or 3 lvls a day atm. Im in a faction so i go hunting when any of the guys are on. In  between times i mine and craft and do the odd quest