May 14, 2024, 03:50:36 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Griefing others  (Read 2982 times)

Arxroth

• View Profile
Griefing others
« on: October 19, 2013, 02:09:01 pm »
Well this is my first post on reloaded forums so Hello for everyone.

One thing that I really hated in old 2238 was those totally random and totally pointless killing of other players.

Now basically I don't really get, what benefit that is for other players ? Chance for little loot ?

So basically my point is that unless both players agree to have some PVP it should not be tolerated.

For this reason there could be some arena or something similar (like hinkley, but improved).

Deputy

• View Profile
Re: Griefing others
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:14:27 pm »
i'll be gentle next time, i promise  :-* :-* :-* :-*

FireFlare

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:15:14 pm »
If this is a suggestion? if yes goto sugestion board. If no please dont...

Strike

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 02:23:51 pm »
This is what online games are.

Arxroth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 02:25:47 pm »
Funny thing.

I know some other online games where you can PVP as well, but in those games there is nowdays less griefing than there used to be... not so sure why.

Kaaon

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 02:33:57 pm »
- ~90% will attack you so attack first or they will kill you
- sometimes they got really nice loot (mostly crafted items)
- its fun
- you will slow thier progress, advantage to you, to be better then they are

Deputy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 02:36:46 pm »
Funny thing.

I know some other online games where you can PVP as well, but in those games there is nowdays less griefing than there used to be... not so sure why.

idling in random encounters gets ya killed. better luck next time. if you need any tissues for your tears, let us know.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 03:52:08 pm »

of course deputy noob can only kill noobs

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 03:57:20 pm »
Killing people is not considered griefing in any full-loot, open-PvP mmorpg. Just look at EVE Online. I'd say that griefing is stalking and repeatedly killing a single person for no apparent reason. If I spent an entire day bombing some dude in NCR and insulting him before replication kicks in, yeah, I'd be griefing him. If I met him in the wasteland and gunned him down, well - that's just a FOnline way of saying "hello, how are you today?"

Random violence in unprotected locations and random encounters doesn't mean somebody doesn't like you and wants you to feel bad, it's just the way this game is. Most people shoot unknown characters because they don't want to risk getting killed, they want to obtain loot or they want to deny information to their enemies. It's nothing personal, really.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

karcarov

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »
lol i thought this post was about me atfirst i tried to follow someone yesterday and they entered an encounter after they noticed me to try and kill me and then proceeded to bitch at me for the next 30 min saying im a piece of shit and i ruin the game all because i made him lose an H&K Caws.....    some people should really just not play this i hate to say but they dont have the mental ability to cope with a game where anyone can kill them for no reason even if not for their stuff

Deputy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 05:58:23 am »

of course deputy noob can only kill noobs

no, i don't kill them! i give them flowers and kisses and hugs!