May 13, 2024, 11:02:37 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Add reno locker with change  (Read 13142 times)

Napalm

• View Profile
Re: Add reno locker with change
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 06:12:40 pm »
Guys, go to Reno right now... move your asses from Hub and forum blabla! Reno locker could be a solution for Real Time PvP for sure, who dont like last session actions in Reno? We have more ppl than before in server, but PVP is fuckin bad than last session, only TC. But well... people can start it without lockers. Just do it! Lets go!

Could spawn a little part of items to craft alloys, fire gecko pelts, motion sensor, tools, books, drugs...idk. For me we could solve just going there as I said. I will try call people there most of times from radio 0. Times when factions was fighting for mines was really cool too. Some UV members are in Reno right now anyway.

Cheech

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 06:18:02 pm »
and whats about PvE server... we can post builds and simple tactics about c4 and stuff. mb some1 even will create a video guide showing that its really exiting.

KestreL

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 05:01:59 am »
Actually, new reno sewers was pretty cool. When it was first released there was some good fights there. Then next morning nobody came, nobody stayed. Completely deserted.

We have many boxes at the moment. And it stump me why nobody would check those out regularly and get some GvG fights. But I guess I figured the reason. There's no Preview button, no easy way to see if enemies inside. Players cannot simply glide over the worldmap and molest the preview to see if there are some enemies to fight.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 07:21:25 pm »
Actually, new reno sewers was pretty cool. When it was first released there was some good fights there. Then next morning nobody came, nobody stayed. Completely deserted.

We have many boxes at the moment. And it stump me why nobody would check those out regularly and get some GvG fights. But I guess I figured the reason. There's no Preview button, no easy way to see if enemies inside. Players cannot simply glide over the worldmap and molest the preview to see if there are some enemies to fight.

becoz no loot there , no exp in reno sewers also , why waste time and gear for nuthing ?

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 07:54:39 pm »
But wait... I thought it's about PvP after all... right? RIGHT?!

Seriously, I know, after few years of doing TC, after few years of random pvping everywhere, people got enough of it, and new people don't want - DON'T want to do that.
Adding something for the minority of players so they would get on the majority of players (pve ones) is idiotic.
The priority of adding anything should be PvE>Move out TCs from the towns actually/window them and anyway move them out>quest&stuff like that>minor stuff>pvp

PvP In any civilised MMO game is a end-game stuff, while PvE is the main content.
In the history of fonline we can see making the PvP the main feature fails badly and makes the servers empty eventually (look at AoP and FO2). If you want the same, go download the relolded source, and make a PvP server, and cry that no one wants to pvp, duh.

Also addition, I've did a small research, and gathered some info that I've got from other mmo games.
Actually PvP isn't rewarded in any serious game, and players aren't crying about that, in some games you can loot your enemy, in some there is just point/ladder system, in some there are guild wars over WORDS/opinions.
Is the FOnline society so autistic that they cannot get some guild wars on a set hours/locations/gear? What a shitty community of apes we got there.
There should be no rewarding, literally NO reward for any PvP activity, unless it's ability to loot the enemy/stuff he looted.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:43:33 pm by Ion Cannon »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 04:11:02 am »
@Ion Cannon, man...you gonna be eated alive for saying this...
 :o

Back to the subject, I'm okay with it. Just add drugs bp's to other towns...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:06:06 am by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 07:16:19 am »
@Ion Cannon, man...you gonna be eated alive for saying this...
Why is that? He's not wrong anywhere and doesn't even insult anyone's mum.

eight8

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 11:38:44 am »
+1 reno locker (armors, guns...) no special items!!! locker in comercial.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 03:12:25 pm »
FYI, for anyone who hasn't looked.

The Reno sewers are full of squatters that are a btch to fight solo.  You get no XP for them, they have high HP, heal themselves quickly, and spam criticals like you wouldn't believe.

And after killing all the squatters, blowing throw 1000 rounds of ammunition, and a bunch of superstims. You get to open the locker.

The two times I have opened it:
#1.  40 MF cells.
#2.  A rope and some JUNK

IF it's loot you want it's a total waste of time, ammo.

But if it's fun combat you want, than this is a good location for 1-3 player PVE.  Getting 0xp for it sucks though.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 04:42:54 pm »
AND whats abot pve for majority of players - dude IM d fking majority, i was loving to play this game for 15 hours per day, it wa my fking sweet dream best game. but now i fking cant play just for little time, yesterday i didnt even came to my Faction TS.
I'm sorry to ruin your world but you are the minority. The loud, screaming, crying, demanding and griefing - minority. Approximately 20%, 1/3 tops depends on current server population.
Face it, barely anyone gives a single bit of brahmin poo about loot lockers, TC, good fights here or there, swinging dicks competition and so on yadda-yadda-yadda. It used to be like that on 2238, it used to be like that on FOnline2 (where I had a possibility to check and verify it myself - surprised me a lot), it seems to be like that here. If a player doesn't bother to establish an account on forum to whine on a daily basis, it doesn't mean such player doesn't exist or play the game in his own way.

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 05:37:39 pm »
dude IM d fking majority
Blast from past, confirmed recently by exactly same person on this forum. Numbers may be different but percentage stays about the same. Truly shocking... not.

Take your pink glasses off and go back to the corner.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

HerO

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 06:21:33 pm »
Some good points here and tbh the loot is not main thing for me atleast but the map. Its one of most fun places to fight.

How about we allow commercial row to be a TC "town" ?? Like factions could control reno? It would attract players there and once the players are there it will be good pvp for couple hours.

Tbh now i came up with this idea its better imo than the reno locker.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 06:33:49 pm »
But wait... I thought it's about PvP after all... right? RIGHT?!

It used to be all about the PvP, seems now the community changed into a bunch of crybabies that wont exit their tents unless there's free loot involved.

PvP is too complicated in FOnline and too hard for new players. The gap between a pro faction and a newb one is so large that new factions are not being made, instead just old members of old gangs recruit new players and control them as they want. This amount of old players is shrinking. We used to have a big community of leaders who played for PvP as fun and not for loot, then many alliances were made and the core leaders stoped playing. This just created big gangs that are clueless and want a carrot on a stick to come out of their tents for PvP.

What we really need is a good community that is interested in compeditive PvP and challanging each-other in GvG fights. Not for kurwa loot!

Just today I saw in town control UV fighting same numbers of enemies and running away screaming "SUCK MY DICK" I can understand now why players need loot, they have 0 respect for eachother and think of themselves not as compeditive teams fighting for fun, but instead as people who get in the way of their loot.

I personally respect and love anyone who TCs, no matter how toxic they may be, as that is where I get the most fun, if I could just PvP all day, I might, hinkley for example is fun, but you can't test "real pvp" there as not all items are accessible and the fights are designed to go to the death of one team (where "real" pvp usually involves fleeing and consolidation etc). The other difference is the fear of losing gear, some builds use weapons that are easily crafted etc, others need rarer items and when they die they lose much more than other players as grinding or waiting is required to obtain said items.

The things that shit me while TCing are, waiting for 45 mins to 2 hours for either 5 mins of pvp or no pvp at all, and getting ridiculously uneven numbers swarm another group, kill them all, take all their crap and make most of them ragequit... This feeds into the kind of attitudes that you are talking about A3, as the ones who get killed lose everything and gain nothing and the ones who win gain everything and lose nothing, you forget that having no OUTSIDE rewards is one thing, but dead players with TC gear is still a reward, even if you remove all other incentives.

If the PvP community is truly so small, I don't see why there is such a big fear of expanding organised fights through Hinkley, or an advanced hinkley system, maybe a radio based lobby system or the like.. Fights don't have to be exactly 9v9 or 5v5 etc, agreeing groups with known "good pvp" players will know what seems fair and what will be a massacre.

At least huge wastes of time for groups of people will be avoided, and swarm complaints would only arise if a team (or teams) chose to fight a swarm.

Sorry for the offtopic, but I wanted to respond to that. Perhaps I should make a new topic about expanding the organisable PvP, but I suspect kilgore has something up his sleeve in these regards.

zinthos

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 07:03:16 pm »
not like im trying to start (or continue) forum pvp here, but gg for this making me reply:
Is the FOnline society so autistic that they cannot get some guild wars on a set hours/locations/gear? What a shitty community of apes we got there.
so tell me the reason why i only see small factions and not you coming to BH or Reno when spammed on radio or in hub. most of the time its not UV who starting those, but the only faction going to fight there. also, why you act like you doing hardcore PvE all the time and no pvp at all?

lets face the pve you can get here:
- you can farm stuff for eternity which you wont use cause (quoted from you) "new players DONT want to do pvp at all".
- you can go clean 2 dungeons with hard enemies in exchange of shitty loot
- can go to Ares (but get a team of full pve players around you for this!!!)
- you can go to Glow for literally nothing since its looted 0-24 by some nolifers.
- you can do short, boring and unfinished quests which mostly arent rewarding
- you can go and roleplay in hub

these are never ever ever ever get boring, right?
if a noob gets killed in boneyard or so, he will surely get butthurt and try to face the player who killed him. after a time, he will be the one who kills other players, then if more people tries to kill him maybe he join in a gang or so. i dont think its possible to completely avoid pvp without making the game monotonous and boring. pvp can give you constant fun which worth the effort put in gathering stuff.

BUT. Based on some info-crumbs from Kilgore and Corosive, there will be many new quests and pve activities, even Kilgore admitted that he focuses on these. i'm really looking forward for this, also it will make the game more noob-friendly since most of them seek for Fallout-related quests and such.
So, until the real wipe (which noone knows when will come), lets try to focus on not getting bored to death and try to enjoy this "end-game" (the lockers back on session 1 were added cause it seemed that wipe is near, same with the update which made implants buyable from npc). I dont think one should expect any major updates concerning PvE or even PvP, since Kilgore admitted that he tries to focus on the new session.

back on the topic, the solution for soloing or bluesuit looting could be 6-8 guards inside New Reno Arms building, who would only attack you if you try to access the locker and when attacking them for sure.

about the items to spawn, i think the one idea mentioned in OP was okay. in normal-advanced range only.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 07:09:56 pm »
I don't have radios in base, and I don't brag shit about PvP as it would be my life-entertainment.
The thing is, the minority demands something to fuck the balance out of the other players playing this game.
I can agree that now dungeons are too hard/not worth the risk/stuff/time (no exp/loot for npcs mostly).
Well then tell me, why those ever-never boring features such as killing npcs to the death got more fans than PvP?