May 05, 2024, 12:26:38 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: where to farm gray lockboxes?  (Read 4316 times)

John Preston

• View Profile
where to farm gray lockboxes?
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:49:55 am »
whats the best area to do so in your opinion? For the best loot?

Strike

Re: where to farm gray lockboxes?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:07:31 pm »

#1 - Around v15 (urban area), easiest to find footlockers. Beware PKs.
#2 - All around boneyard, some of PKs there too. Sometimes good loot (depends on your lockpick skill and Treasure Hunter perk)
#3 - Themepark, all those urban areas near it. Less PKs than in v15 place, good loot.

If you are low level and need to find footlockers, I suggest v15 urban areas. There are only rats and scorpions, easy to kill.

John Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:46:20 pm »
i have allmost 300 hp, 200 bg, max lockpick, traps, outdoors and i hellbent on finding CA BP

is this stuff location relevant?

will i get better loot lets say near san francisco than at V15?

raizhi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:50:32 pm »
I think there might be some relevance of area level vs loot from lockers, but not sure

I know of an area that has a LOT more lockboxes than any area near boneyard, thus more loot, the quality of loot is about the same though, it might be harder near SF due to bounty hunters and such but you could try.

I've opened a ton of lockboxes, BPs are pretty rare, and finding a specific BP is even rarer, so the CA BP is gonna be hard if not impossible. maybe a straight week of farming every day in a good spot might help but i can maybe find 2-3 BPs if i devote a whole day to lockerhunting

John Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »
and i though eve online was a tad hard with the faring thingy

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 01:44:57 pm »
North west of glow along the shore, there are city maps you can encounter with only rats

urm...north of modoc (I think) is a zone with city maps you can encounter with rad things and rats.

north of navaro along the shore there are 3 city tiles where you encounter things :P (I forgot what)

John Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 02:01:48 pm »
North west of glow along the shore, there are city maps you can encounter with only rats

urm...north of modoc (I think) is a zone with city maps you can encounter with rad things and rats.

north of navaro along the shore there are 3 city tiles where you encounter things :P (I forgot what)

what are those  "things" ?

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »
From what I noticed, the square a bit northeast of brotherhood of steel gives mainly loot(I have not gotten 1 bp from it yet), but it is good because 100% of brotherhood of steel initiates and 65% of junktown scouts, always kill all hostile. Gun Runners square has lots of blueprints, but stuff like centaurs and floaters can be encountered alone

Absolution

• Supporter
  • Do you Even Praise the Sun?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 05:53:43 am »
From what I noticed, the square a bit northeast of brotherhood of steel gives mainly loot(I have not gotten 1 bp from it yet), but it is good because 100% of brotherhood of steel initiates and 65% of junktown scouts, always kill all hostile. Gun Runners square has lots of blueprints, but stuff like centaurs and floaters can be encountered alone

and lots of gankers

Bego

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 08:56:10 am »
...pissing people off since 2238...

Grizzan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 10:42:39 pm »

#1 - Around v15 (urban area), easiest to find footlockers. Beware PKs.
#2 - All around boneyard, some of PKs there too. Sometimes good loot (depends on your lockpick skill and Treasure Hunter perk)
#3 - Themepark, all those urban areas near it. Less PKs than in v15 place, good loot.

If you are low level and need to find footlockers, I suggest v15 urban areas. There are only rats and scorpions, easy to kill.

I'd say its any urban area on your map. Also, dont know if "sometimes good loot" at around the boneyard means its no good loot anywhere else. Loot in lockers is random. You can find a junk once, and at next time you find ca bp. Simple. I suggest v15, easiest, about pks.. If you count 80hp unarmed lockpick alt as a PK, dont go there.