May 07, 2024, 07:33:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: You hear footsteps - a message when somebody invades your encounter  (Read 5637 times)

Beer

• View Profile
Re: You hear footsteps - a message when somebody invades your encounter
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:22 pm »
Removing interaction between players and pk/PvP opportunities? Don't think so. Big -1.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »
Removing interaction between players and pk/PvP opportunities? Don't think so. Big -1.
Beer hates it.
Proof positive it's long overdue.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 11:56:51 pm »
Now that I am encountering far more players then ever before and thus remember how f-ing annoying it is, yes I support this suggestion.

I would add to the suggestion that the Warning comes from the top of the screen just like when you see "FACTION talking Gecko" messages and server messages rather then it be in the window that tells us "you hit and have been hit, gained XP" and so on. Top of the screen would be more helpful.

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 12:39:05 am »

Maybe it's a better idea if this message is only displayed under certain conditions. For example, entering in a encounter with sneak activated could force to the "listener" to make a Perception roll, and display the message if sucess, making sneak a not useless skill under 250-300. Of course, this woulnd't be a common sneak action, so you can do it on any combination of armor/weapon without penalties for that specific action. Outdoorsman could be used too for this, instead of sneak.

Vault_Smeller

• An olfactory explorer of underground bunkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 06:12:17 am »
Most of the time, it's usually happens to me when I'm knee deep in combat and someone drops in and picks me off with an LSW from the other side of the map on their turn. All the same, +1 because it's something I've been thinking about for the game recently as well!
Characters: Vault Smeller (crafting/exploring/hijinks), Walt Smeller (pve/more hijinks)

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 08:01:16 am »
I do not like this idea at all... ruins the fun of the ambush... no point in something like this... it would just make even harder to finde sombody in encounters... cos they instantly would go to the exit grid...

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 08:37:30 am »
I do not like this idea at all... ruins the fun of the ambush... no point in something like this... it would just make even harder to finde sombody in encounters... cos they instantly would go to the exit grid...
That's more like it.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Strike

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 03:56:14 pm »
Developers, what you think about this suggestion?

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 04:30:40 pm »
It shouldn't be hard to do.
As a PK I can say it doesn't matter if it will applied or not. It will works for both sides anyway. :)

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 07:23:16 pm »
For a car sure. For a mob of people maybe..

But for one random guy or a sneaker? Its a bit over the top, I mean how would you hear them before you could see them unless they spawned right near you, and then they would be easy to see right?

Strike

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 07:41:21 pm »
For a car sure. For a mob of people maybe..

But for one random guy or a sneaker? Its a bit over the top, I mean how would you hear them before you could see them unless they spawned right near you, and then they would be easy to see right?
I agree, atleast sneaker and lonely player doesn't cause noise. But, if vehicle comes to encounter or mass of players comes, you should be able to hear that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:44:57 pm by Bobblehead »

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 08:42:46 pm »
Well to be completely Honest you can hear damn rats and mantis, when you stay in enco for too long. Why would you not hear a player?

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2015, 05:45:07 am »
Well to be completely Honest you can hear damn rats and mantis, when you stay in enco for too long. Why would you not hear a player?

That.. Is.. A good point..

Hmm, well I guess they are usually groups of mantis and rats, making noises to eachother, so part of my argument still kinda applies. :D

Being detected as a sneaker before you have even spawned is a horrible idea though, it basically renders the sneaking useless, as people or groups will know to search for you, at the very least sneakers should bypass giving warnings.

Strike

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »
Maybe you could hear lonely player, but not player who is sneaking because that would be too harsh nerf for sneakers.

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 02:31:40 pm »
Maybe you could hear lonely player, but not player who is sneaking because that would be too harsh nerf for sneakers.

Drop a sneak check vs outdoorsman or perception, if the victim can hear that someone joins. Also, I would remove the player name info who's encounter you joined, you could only see Wanderer or Wanderers if there are more.