May 08, 2024, 12:49:42 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: New resources to crafting  (Read 7005 times)

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
New resources to crafting
« on: May 14, 2014, 03:40:55 am »
I have some idea for new resources and reworks that make crafting more intresting:

[New item] Brick and/or [Rework] Rock
Usage? Building material to build faction base (or private houses). Bricks can be found in ruins or buyed. They also can be used us improvised last chance weapons (just like rocks to throw). Rocks btw should be findable everywere in each encounter (cave, waste, ruins, plain, forest ect.) often than flints. Creating a item brick might be unnecessary, because rock can serve the same usage. Its rather cosmetic

[new item] Cloth
Two ways to get this item: kill humanoids on encounters (find us regular loot, or use knife on their corpse to cut the pice of their clothes), or to craft them from fibers (like metal parts from iron ore). Component for crafting armors but i dont have idae how should graphics look (like in Wow or TLAmk2 ,,pice of cloth"?)

Changes for chems:

[rework] Killing bramins gives bramin hide and meat
I really dislike idea of collecting meat from butchery table (where it comes from so much meat? o.O ).
Meat graphics already exist :)
Also add more NPC to create meat jerky. One is already in Modock, add new one in NCR on Westin Ranch, one at Broken Hills at caravan office.

[New Item] Bramin milk
Only way to collect it is to use empty bottle on bramin. Real life cow can be milked 2 times per day and good cow gives 12 liters of milk dayly. [lets forget about the fact that the cow gives milk only after giving birth and the milk must be cooled... meat in fonline doesnt spoil so why milk should? :)]  So in game should be milking cooldown for each cow. The reasonable value for cooldown will  be one ingame day (so it will be 1440 seconds?) to collect 1 or 10 [Edit: 10 is to much...] bottles with milk.

Drinking bramin milk will heal like water (or better) and give posion resistance. There is no other item (maybe except armors with buffs) which gives this bouns.

To make graphics for this item its needed to somehow color the water inside "bottle of water" item to white color or make a new pic

How i come up with this item? In fallout 1 the doctor in Shandy sands after completing the quest ,,bring radscorpion tails" reviling you the secret recipe how to make antidote. He said that he crush radscorpion tails and mic them with bramin milk. So with this item comes change to crafting antidote:

Antidote = bramin milk + 2 or 3 radscorpion tails (now it just 5 radscorpion tails...)

[New item] Mushrooms , Fungus
They are like brock flowers and xander root but they can be find only in caves. I suggest to remove empty caves from the game - if you haven't find better items for example turboplasma or enclave armor, there always will be some mushrooms in the cave (as consolation for effort to explore cave). Other places to get them might be New Reno Stables (but mob shodn't like this...), Ghost farm (but I heard the rumors that there "magic box" will be moved) and Montag underground fungus breeding in New Addytum:

In mentioned place they should have very long respawn (it must to be proper mutation of mushroom). The existence of such a resource will encourage caveseachring because this resource will be needed to do create important drugs.

The fungus have some psychoactive substances so they might be used to craft: mentats, jet and psycho.

Fungus graphics might be created by cuting in paint some fungus from mentioned fungus breeding in New Addytum, or there is already some other graphics in the game.

Drugs crafting rework:
Antidote (us mentioned)
Buffout = Bramin milk (dring milk, be stronger!) + meat jerky 3 (real men eat meat!) + chemical componets x2
Mentats = 3?? fungus + 3 fruit (for cool flavor  8) )+ chemical components x2
Jets = empty jet carnister + bramin dung + 2?? fungus + chemical component
Psycho = 2?? fungus + bio med gel + super stimpack + chemical component
Rad Away = Bramin milk + chemical componet + biomed gel + empty hypodemic

are the values are reasonable?

[New item] Book (paper) - i dont mean skill books! I mean regular book about "nothing", which for average wastelander have only one value - calorific value, or as toilet paper... xD

Books could be find at (unuseed at the moment) bookshelfs at city encounters, like this one:

Some of thease books hold valuable knowlege so they migh be miscellaneous items that can be exchange to caps in libraries and at Brotherhood Bunker (make some vendors and repeatable quest questgivers outside bunker).

Second usage might be cigaretes rework
to craft cigs in Cigarettes Machine you need: 10 tobaco + one book (for tissue-paper :) )

That all suggestion about crafting chems. Now about crafting other things: I think that there is no sense to make crafting in reoladed too complicated. TLA mk2 have most complicated crafting but it is rather PvE server. Reoladed is rather considered us PvP server.  I usualy play here to relax and kill some players (after 6 mounth i found the courage to insolently kill one guy without warrning in the ruins so better beware of me! :P xD), us we all. I suggest to let it be that crafting on reoladed we be simple and do not disturb and distract from seeking adventure and fighting. Some changes must be done of course so lets try to discus how to create a crafting that will be not too difficult and still rewarding.

I think that reoladed needs first of all following items:
Pipe (to make most of two handed guns, you can find this with junk, in lockers ect. not as often as junk. Regural gun use 1pipe, some guns more for example shotgun 2 pipes, minigun 6 pipes)
Kevlar (to make CA)
HQ fibers (to make CA)
HQ wood??
HQ electronic parts (to make HQ EW)
Plastic (to craft advanced modern guns like XL70e3)

Thease advanced reasorces (i dont mean pipe of coures :P) shoudnt be aquirerd only in TC lockers, because the group that hold the powers (for example BBS) will not allow regular players to craft PvP equipment. This reasorces should be like blueprints on dungeons, rarely on ruin lockers, lockers in caves and rarely in high tech shops (brotherhood, Shi, Gun Runners, Enclave).

what new reasurces you like to be added?

Last question about making pictures to thease items: can they be created by making/finding proper picture of item in the real life on white background and then after some fun with minimalize picture/changing resolution added?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:33:05 pm by Celard »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: New resources to crafting
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:21:17 am »
[New item]Brick and/or [Rework] Rock
L♥V IT!

[new item] Cloth
Eh...... not from humans...... just creepy....
But liken it otherwise!

[rework] Killing bramins gives bramin hide and meat
Liken it. Was suggested at 2238 too....

[New Item] Bramin milk
Uh.... sure. Might lead to new drugs!

[New item] Mushrooms , Fungus
Ok. Might be useful.

[New item] Book (paper)
It's already being done at FO2, it's not like it's a bad idea. Fo2 is a bad idea, but a broken clock is right twice a day......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Strike

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 07:12:15 am »
+1

New resources are needed to balance crafting, maybe some new HQ resources too?

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:16:11 am »

[new item] Cloth
Eh...... not from humans...... just creepy....
But liken it otherwise!

I made mistake :) I mean you can use the knife to cut a piece of cloth from their (e.g.: raiders) clothes. This pices which are suitable for reuse (not perforated by bullets or dirty or bloody). But easier way will be making option to craft Cloth from fibers

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:20 am »
+1

And bring back kevlar / hq fibres as rare material for combat armor.

BurstDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »
+1 At last someone have good ideas to improve our favorite game ;)

seldanor

• Pour des traduction française de F spamer kilgore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 04:06:20 pm »
I said except for the brick base and mushrooms I find nothing except interesant be able to use paper with the wood to create a pencarte you can read or just write over

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 06:55:24 pm »
I made mistake :) I mean you can use the knife to cut a piece of cloth from their (e.g.: raiders) clothes. This pices which are suitable for reuse (not perforated by bullets or dirty or bloody). But easier way will be making option to craft Cloth from fibers
Oh see that works! Makin it another l♥v it!
Just raiders, or raiders and scabs and regulators and fill-in-the-blank?
I said except for the brick base and mushrooms I find nothing except interesant be able to use paper with the wood to create a pencarte you can read or just write over
Also suggested at 2238, but still +1.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 09:11:53 pm »
Your post seems to include multiple ideas, not just one idea. In general, i'm in favor of what you have proposed although i don't really want to make crafting any more difficult than it already is. I do however like the idea of expanding crafting a bit. Can you add these ideas to this proposal?

Include TV Dinners, Cheesy Poofs, and Box of Noodles as food items that can be fed to Companions to increase rep. Also make stoves functional as crafting stations for making "Smitty's Meals", an item which could also be fed to Companions for a much greater increase to rep:

This might require 1 Radscorpion Egg, some meat, barley, xander or Broc for flavor, and...?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 11:25:21 pm »
seems like extra unneeded work...and a wanna be TLA MKII

minus 1 (my dash doesn't work)

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 01:39:16 am »
Include TV Dinners, Cheesy Poofs, and Box of Noodles as food items that can be fed to Companions to increase rep. Also make stoves functional as crafting stations for making "Smitty's Meals", an item which could also be fed to Companions for a much greater increase to rep:
Oh ya! And + hp!!!

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 08:00:07 am »
Most of thease "new resources" being proposed somwhere or works on other servers.

Bramin milk is my only one own invenion, and maybe brick/rock us building material to bases.

Pice of cloth is the item in TLAmk2 but they use knife on scenery objects like sofas, beds, its strange...
My cloths is not so important reasorce because there are related to fibers. Which variant for cloth do you like the most?
1-crafting cloth from fibers, and cloth buyable from vendors sometimes
2-collecting cloth with knife from parts of clothes of dead humans raiders ect. (its even possible to make such?)

Mushrooms are in TLAmk2 but they are some types of them. We need only one mushroom item to be findable in empty caves. There should be also option to find there some ore (gold, iron, minerals) in caves.

Mentioned HQ materials I heard only in rumors. Combat Armor must be much harder to get. 

Your post seems to include multiple ideas, not just one idea. In general, i'm in favor of what you have proposed although i don't really want to make crafting any more difficult than it already is. I do however like the idea of expanding crafting a bit. Can you add these ideas to this proposal?

This might require 1 Radscorpion Egg, some meat, barley, xander or Broc for flavor, and...?

It rather food suggestion (i should post there idea of bramin milk...):
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1817.0

I think that TV Dinners, Cheesy Poofs, and Box of Noodles, should be only findable in lockers. We need some other craftable food (like i wrote in food thead) but i can wait for more important issue

[edit: in subject of HQ materials i made my mind. We dont need pipe (its too TLAmk2 like S.T.A.L.K.E.R said), rather than that i would like to see:

HQ junk]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:22:12 pm by Celard »

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 07:51:52 pm »
Iam wonder how worked kevlar on 2238? Could someone write something about it?

My thoughts:
Its one item reasorce. Are there other items that it can be used to craft?

Is there any sense of adding it if we will have HQ fibers as reasorce to make better armors?

If it will be in the game it shoudnt be available only in TC lockers. This will cause that the dominant faction will have monopoly to craft them. Kevlar should be in dungeons and rarely in ruin lockers.

Also some things that i think that need rework:
-Barley can be find only in klamath and modock. Make "wild barlay" that can be found on wastelands (like brock flower and xander root) or easier make new encounter map ,,wild barley fiels"
-Same thing with tobaco
-Minerals, iron, gold, uranium ores should sometimes spawn in caves
-meat jerky should be eatable and maybe give small buff to carry weight (well feed bonus)

About my Bramin milk idea there should be defined which cows can give milk. Player can milk cows in cities?
Cooldown 24 minutes for one bottle will be reasonable time if he can. Milk shoudnt be too popular beverage

Is there a sense for HQ junk and HQ wood? I'm not sure
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:36:20 am by Celard »

duh7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 09:15:22 am »
+1
What u think about bonus "well feeded" when u eat something from food list?
It can be a good reason to take food with as a drug.
It can  get addiction "fatty" :D

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 10:30:19 am »
+1
What u think about bonus "well feeded" when u eat something from food list?
It can be a good reason to take food with as a drug.
It can  get addiction "fatty" :D

hahaha i really like this idea :D +1, but again:

It rather food suggestion (i should post there idea of bramin milk...):
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1817.0

Please post it there :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:34:27 am by Celard »