May 09, 2024, 01:19:28 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Making RT more intresting  (Read 1277 times)

Subotai

• View Profile
Making RT more intresting
« on: July 30, 2015, 10:59:33 pm »
I don't know if this is possible with the current fonline engine, but i was thinking about the whole RT and TB problematic.
And that there is a big difference between characters that are used in RT and TB.

The problem i see in RT right now is the following thing:
Guy No.1 with 14 ap and a 3ap attack (singleshoot weapon) fight against a guy No.2 with 7ap and a 7ap burst weapon.

Guy No.2 can use his 7ap instanly (and his ap start to regenerate)! The guy no.1 will need several seconds till he used up his ap!
When guy No.1 depleted his ap, Guy No.2 will have already 3-4ap regenerated!
How can this be? The 14ap guy should use his 14ap as fast as the 7ap guy is using his 7ap!
The whole problem here is the animationtime! It is always the same amount of time!
No matter how much AP you can have or how much ap an attack cost.

That is really unbalancing the whole RT thing!

That's why i had this idea:

1st idea:
In RT nothing will cost AP. Instead all animations need more or less time.
How much time is needed depends on the ap a char. got and the ap-cost of attacks (or "use-stuff" like mining)

Explanation:
Normaly you need 5 secs till you restore your AP completly.

So lets think in classic Pen&Paper rounds:
A "Round" in FOnline = 5 sec.
So you should only use as much ap in 5 sec as you can regenerate in those 5 sec.

For example:
If you have a char with 20ap and make an 2ap action you attackanimation will need 0,5 secs. (so you can preform 10 attacks in 5 sec)
A char with 1ap will need 10 sec to preform a 2ap attack.

A char with 10 ap and a 7ap burst-attack, will need 3,5 sec to preform his burst attack.
A char with 7ap need 5 secs for such a burst attack.

2nd idea
SOOOOO.... if i have this "Animation time system" without any AP-Usage in RT we can manipulate it effects with the "sequence" attriubte.

I think the max. sequence is right now "27" (+20 from 10 PE, +5 Kamikaze; +2 Early Sequence).
and the min. sequence is "2".

If i starting an attack that has now a 5 sec animation (because i have 7ap and i making a 7ap attack) when should the effect of this attack
will be triggered???

Should the damage happens when the attack animations begins? Should it happen when the attack animation is finished?

Lets the sequence decide it!
When you have the lowest possible sequence (2) the effects of your actions/attacks will allways happen at the end of the animation.
But if you got the highest possible sequence (27) the effect will happen after 50% of the animationprogress is done.

Example:
A char has a seuqence "2" and is using an 5sec attack in RT.
The Damage of this attack will be triggered at the end of the animation (so after 5 secs).

But when he got a 27 sequence it will happen at 2,5 sec (50% earlier).
He still need another 2,5sec to finish his attack in which he can't move or do anything else. But he already triggered his damage at 2,5 sec.

Sorry for my bad english. If you can't understand me because of that, just say it so. I will try to fix it :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:46:17 am by Subotai »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Making RT more intresting
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:04:28 pm »
It would have negative results on finding cover and shit, I dont think it will be seen good by anyone here...
GUN FOR HIRE

Subotai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:08:25 pm »
Why should you have problems finding cover?

if you making an big attack with a slow char of course you will have problems finding cover!
But if you got for example a char with 14 ap or more and using a 6ap burst attack.
you need 2,1 sec to preform your attack and will have enough time to find cover!

Why should you have problems finding cover?

if you making an big attack with a slow char of course you will have problems finding cover!
But if you got for example a char with 14 ap or more and using a 6ap burst attack.
you need 2,1 sec [and only 1sec till the damage is triggered! with a 27 sequence] to preform your attack and will have enough time to find cover!
(what do you expect when you jump out of your cover with a minigun and start to fire thousand bullets? Of course you are a easy target for a sniper. If you want to stay in cover use atacks that only need 1-2 secs)

and the "Round-Time" can be lowered!
It dont need to be 5 sec.
But i think 5 sec is already really fast!

The only problem i see is the following:
What will happen when a target is moving behind a cover while my attack animation is not finished(it effect didn't triggerd)?
That could be easly solved with several ways:
1st option:
Add a higher Percentage that the attack will miss.
2nd option:
Increase the DR or DT of the target for that particular attack.
3rd option:
Reduce the damage output of the attack
4th option:
Combine 1-3 option.

Edit:
Actually it should be alot easier to find cover.
While my attack animation is still in progress i have some time to change the cursor to "move mode" and i can click on the space where my char should move after the attack.
PPl with low reaction time will have a better chance to find cover.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:39:25 pm by Subotai »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 11:47:11 pm »
I rather think about no need to take cover while restoring Action Points  :D
Anyway, your idea has some positives as negatives too.
It would change all PvP and players would need new builds made from scratch.
For me, its not bad idea...but you will see there are many guys who play for years in RT, and will definetely dont like this idea, just saying  :)
GUN FOR HIRE

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 11:55:08 pm »
-1 because it would be who can click faster, now rt is good because it involves calculation and management of ap

Subotai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 11:23:05 am »
ah okay i see...

but it is still  a shame.
This opens up alot of tatical options:

For example.
Of course i can start to create a really fast shooting character that is using single shots.
(14ap and 2ap attack = 0,7 sec for an attack)

But a slow char with high sequence still could use burst attack to get an advantage in a 1on1.
(7ap and 7ap attack = 5 sec. But the damage will be triggerd after 2,5 sec! So the fast shooting gunslinger will maybe be smashed before he can preform his 4th shoot)

and so on and so on.

But the gunslinger guy can jump behind cover as soon the burster attack him...
But then he is pinned down and can be flanked!

Alot variations of viable build and tatics!

-1 because it would be who can click faster, now rt is good because it involves calculation and management of ap
Euh??! RT is actually right now that. the guy that first clicks will win... lol. THis animation thing is actually changing this!
And everyone is able to make 2 clicks in a sec...!