May 17, 2024, 11:04:20 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New Weapon Modification Choices  (Read 2106 times)

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
New Weapon Modification Choices
« on: January 17, 2014, 03:24:49 am »
To me there seems to be one thing with guns that the game is slightly lacking and that would be choices with gun modifications.  Right now there is only a single modification for some types of guns such as Desert Eagle with Expanded Magazine, .44 Magnum with Speed Loader.  What I propose is that maybe it is made so that a player gets choices with modifications. Right now its 1 modification for a gun and that's it(and even that is quite limited), well what if you got to choose, say a craftable extended clip for a gun OR a scope that increases range by 2-6 Hexes(this would vary depending on the gun the scope is crafted for). I'm not sure if it is possible to make multiple modifications for a gun and let the player choose which one they want to use but if it is I think that would be awesome and it would definitely add diversity because than not every gun would be the same. I know that not all guns are exactly the same because of the different stats they can have like +min/max damage and such but adding more modification choices to the existing guns would definitely make them even more diverse since people would get to pick and choose which modifications they use for there style of play. I know that it would take a lot of work because new recipes would have to be created as well as new graphics to represent the modifications. Im going to list some different modifications that I think should be added, feel free to add anything you think would make a good modification and maybe we can get this going (if its even possible). When I update this with new ideas for mods I will separate them with a line and date so those interested know where to look.

Sniper Rifle:  Extended Clip: +4 Ammunition (2 Metal, 1 Alloy, 1 Good Metal, 1 Junk)
                    Cushioned Stock: -1 AP per shot (2 Golden Gecko Pelts, 1 Wood, 2 Metal)
Combat Shotgun:  Drum Magazine: -1 AP Reload (3 Metal, 1 Alloy, 1 Junk)
                            Extended Barrel: +3 Range (2 Metal, 1 Junk)
                            Rifle Grip: -1 AP Burst (2 Metal, 1 Gecko Pelt)
Assault Rifle:  Scope: +6 Range Single, +3 Range Burst (1 Metal, 2 High Quality Alloy, 1 Junk)
                     Custom Rifle Grip:  -1 AP (1 Metal, 1 Good Metal, 1 Golden Gecko Pelt)

1-17-2014                                                                                           
Tommy Gun:  Expanded Drum: +25 Ammunition (2 Metal, 1 Good Metal, 2 Junk)
                     Shortened and Padded Stock:  -1 AP (1 Golden Gecko Pelt, 1 Gecko Pelt, 1 Wood)
Pancor Jackhammer:  Extended Barrel:  +5 Range (2 High Quality Alloy, 2 Good Metal, 1 Junk
                                Quick Release Drum:  -1 AP Reload (2 Good Metal, 1 Electronic Parts)
XL70E3:  Modified Scope:  +5 Range Single/Burst (2 High Quality Alloy, 2 Good Metal, 1 Electronic Parts)
              Extended Barrel:  +5 Damage (3 Good Metal, 1 High Quality Alloy, 1 Metal)
M72 Gauss Rifle:  Flux Capacitor: +5 Damage, +2 Range (5 Good Metal, 3 HQ Alloy, 2 Electronic Parts, 1 Refined Uranium Ore)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:20:10 am by Gavared »

Part Man, Part Machine

Playstation ID: Gavared

VesperCore

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: New Weapon Modification Choices
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:53:49 am »
Liked that. 

Cause we have craft bonuses, which is very cool feature. It also would be nice if there are will be more not randoms upgrade for weapons.

Maybe it needs blueprints that will be rare(drop like implants) or smthng like that.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:29:31 am by VesperCore »

-- http://peacekeepersquad.freeforums.net --

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:32:27 am »
Yes definitely, some of the lower end recipes would be learned from Small Gun, Big Gun, Energy Weapon and Maybe even some Melee/Unarmed Trainers but the more top end recipes will be Rare and Super Rare BP's that can only be obtained from Lockers/Lock Boxes and maybe even from Super Rare Encounters if possible.

Part Man, Part Machine

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:51:00 am »
It would be possible, for sure.
It would require adding new weapons, similar to the exp mag DE, scoped hunting rifle etc.
Rifle Stock Combat Shotgun for example.

Would add a whole new layer that needs to be balanced though, which could end up being a lot of work for Kilgore.

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:56:42 am »
Would add a whole new layer that needs to be balanced though, which could end up being a lot of work for Kilgore.

Yes it would but if I could help in any way possible I (as I'm sure many other would as well)would do whatever is needed in order to bring this to life because it would add so much more to the game.

Part Man, Part Machine

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:31:43 pm »
I would remove random crafting bonuses and i would add something like that for all weapons.

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:45:23 am »
I would remove random crafting bonuses and i would add something like that for all weapons.

I wouldn't remove the random crafting bonus' but I would love to add at least 2 modifications to choose from for each gun. 

Part Man, Part Machine

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 08:35:11 am »
Right now the u have to craft a lot to get some -ap weapons which is good. And you want to simplify it by -ap attachment crafted from shit ? Really ? Its better to change the entire game and have -ap weapons standard, than to craft -ap sniper rifle from gecko pelts attachment lol.
My characters in game: Mikoto

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 11:35:41 am »
Right now the u have to craft a lot to get some -ap weapons which is good. And you want to simplify it by -ap attachment crafted from shit ? Really ? Its better to change the entire game and have -ap weapons standard, than to craft -ap sniper rifle from gecko pelts attachment lol.

-AP per shot modifications do not need to be made,they were simply suggestions for possible mods,but i obviously didnt think those through because that is a bad idea but all my other ideas are good i think.

Part Man, Part Machine