May 20, 2024, 03:59:35 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: im new to the game i mite play soon  (Read 4842 times)

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
Re: im new to the game i mite play soon
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 12:52:45 am »
Make a high ag char, also nuka cola gives you a free ag point and only costs 100 caps a bottle in junktown. You can run if you're not overweight. Power armor can be gained but only from special encounters and a few magic lockers in reno/warehouse/glow.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 04:55:46 am »
Mate, this is not Fallout with friends who can admire your power armor. It's a MMO game using good old Fallout graphic files (some of them) but with engine made from scratch. All the mechanic side works different, game itself is different. There's no point of maxing SPECIAL as even then and wearing a power armor you will be outnumbered and loose a fight. People here tend to gather up to compete with other groups, please abandon the idea of ultimate solo sniper-sneaker wearing power armor with stats maxed out so nobody can hurt you. I know it's working like this in Fallout 1/2 etc., but this here is not the case.

SPECIAL you max out is mostly Endurance and (for sniper/crippler characters) Luck. Some people like to have Agility 10, but it's a matter of personal taste and drugs availability (Nuka Cola for instance). Rest is up to you, but Charisma has almost no use, if you have enough time to level up same goes with Intelligence, both might be set to 1 and you'll be fine.

You can level up as high as you want, but be aware there's only 8 perks to gain in total, they don't come up after level 24. Also there's no Sniper/Slayer perk for obvious reasons. You can mitigate Agility lower than 10 by taking Action Boy perks (2 of in total).

No hard feelings, just save yourself the effort and disappointment.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 02:07:36 pm »
Mate, just roll a character and go play the game. Whatever you do, it won't be right the first time. Or even close.

Just understand that when you login you've agreed to play the rape game, because it's not going to be easy.

The good news is that you're new, and your spirit hasn't been broken yet. You're in an enviable position of enjoying the game fresh.

So go play it. Get raped, die, complain on forum, log in and do it again. One day it will be easy and boring, so enjoy it while you can.

howie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 03:57:28 pm »
The gain perks are trash compared to others so don't be worried about them. Ap apparently takes 4 seconds to recharge in real time.

im tryin to learn not tryin to argue i apologize perhaps i should just try the game and see if i like it or not and ty for ur help i really appreciate it 

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 04:07:24 pm »
Easy tiger, we've been all through this at some stage. Even those badasses around, even though they won't admit it. Everyone made a character based on his/hers previous Fallout experiences, mostly that retarded Fast Shot + Finesse combo, unable to kill plain gecko.

Keep asking, keep learning, but forget about singleplayer Fallout rules and ideas. They have no use here.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 04:54:56 pm »
The gain perks are trash compared to others so don't be worried about them. Ap apparently takes 4 seconds to recharge in real time.

im tryin to learn not tryin to argue i apologize perhaps i should just try the game and see if i like it or not and ty for ur help i really appreciate it

Make sure you let Khans know whereever you are hunting.  So they can "liberate" you from misery.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2016, 05:07:36 pm »

Better learn to argue, too.

:D

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2016, 12:40:13 pm »
War, war never changes.

From the dawn of time, man organized into tribes. Man nearly drove itself to extinction in conflict over lands and women. And after the nuclear ashes settled, tribes emerged once more from the melted veneer of civilization. And immediately resumed man's self-destructive cycle of raid, pillage, get raided, retaliate.

It is here in the wastes of California that you are born. It is here in the wastes that you will die. In a world of tribes, you begin alone. To walk alone is a difficult path. Some tribes may appear kind to you. Some may adopt you. But always with an end product in mind... just another foot soldier in the eternal battles of FOnline.

With time, you will be able to hone your skills, and through experience rise to the top, just as countless others have done before you. You will change from a clean cut newb to a scruffy veteran.

But war, war never changes.

Welcome to FOnline, howie. If you need some basic gear and in-game training, do not hesitate to contact me.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2016, 03:21:46 pm »
War, war never changes.

From the dawn of time, man organized into tribes. Man nearly drove itself to extinction in conflict over lands and women. And after the nuclear ashes settled, tribes emerged once more from the melted veneer of civilization. And immediately resumed man's self-destructive cycle of raid, pillage, get raided, retaliate.

It is here in the wastes of California that you are born. It is here in the wastes that you will die. In a world of tribes, you begin alone. To walk alone is a difficult path. Some tribes may appear kind to you. Some may adopt you. But always with an end product in mind... just another foot soldier in the eternal battles of FOnline.

With time, you will be able to hone your skills, and through experience rise to the top, just as countless others have done before you. You will change from a clean cut newb to a scruffy veteran.

But war, war never changes.

Welcome to FOnline, howie. If you need some basic gear and in-game training, do not hesitate to contact me.

What would you teach him? How to loot scraps from pvp players?