Username:

Password:

Topic: Duallog?  (Read 4609 times)

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Duallog?
« on: December 24, 2015, 10:30:31 pm »
Yesterday when I went for scouting to Ares ground area I saw there another character (russian nickname, Khan team) with super toolkit in his hand who stands without any move when the rest of team fought with mutants. So I have two questions about it:
1) When I started scouting area I've initiated PvP and I could be detected by multilog anyway, right?
2) What rules says about multilogs in TC towns, non-guarded or PvP areas? Situation like this one is specified somewhere?

Barneys

• View Profile
Re: Duallog?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 12:56:25 am »
I know this question has been asked many times. It's okay to duallog when you are in PvE exemple : you're fighting the mutants in Ares. If a player shows up however the situation becomes PVP and youre not allowed to take advantage of your second char that should just go back to the WM or get banned.

a) I use a character for trading in town and farming encounters. I also use a duallog with another character to make it faster/more effective. <- Allowed
c) I've been farming using two characters, but a hostile player enters my encounter, I use only one character to engage him <- Allowed
d) I've been farming using two characters, but a hostile player enters my encounter, I use both characters to engage him <- Not allowed. Likely to get a warning and then being banned.

I could be wrong about the PvP areas, but to my understanding its the same as PvE until there is a player that gets into the encounter and therefore make it PvP.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:59:38 am by Barneys »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:24:27 am »
I don't know man, because if that duallogged character gets shot, it is wasting the AP of the character shooting him, possibly getting him killed, plus granting vision for free..

Barneys is practically saying its ok to have 50 scout sneaker alts as long as you don't attack with them.. That seems wrong.

If it's a pvp location, just don't duallog right?

FireFlare

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 09:51:37 am »
Of course, dual logging in a public area is risky, but if you do not gain any advantage in PvP activities then you're perfectly fine

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 09:55:36 am »
Depends on your definition of advantage I suppose, seems like a huge advantage to get info over your enemies from a dual log source.. It's like a free sneaker.

FireFlare

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 09:58:56 am »
Well since there was no PvP engaged there was no opportunity for someone to have an advantage

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 10:02:12 am »
Well since there was no PvP engaged there was no opportunity for someone to have an advantage

Except for the fact that one side now knows how many numbers and what type of armor and weapons are being used by the enemy team, while the other team gets no such info, just a kill on an afk guy.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 03:18:39 pm »
I don't know man, because if that duallogged character gets shot, it is wasting the AP of the character shooting him, possibly getting him killed, plus granting vision for free..

Barneys is practically saying its ok to have 50 scout sneaker alts as long as you don't attack with them.. That seems wrong.

So you are against people taxiing their chars then?  Heaven forbid they get an encounter which is a PvP zone...

Jish the small

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 04:28:06 pm »
Russian Name was me

i did not attack on my russian character only on my sniper alt. I am not stupid, if i attacked you guys on my russian alt i would get a ban

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 05:56:26 pm »
What would happen if I started attacking your second character? If you will informed about this your team they would start leaving location or just start rescue action and you with them? Such things can't be happen.
Same for scouting - duallog doubles chance for enemy detection.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 06:04:58 pm »
What a mess...

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 06:35:54 pm »
Player with two chars must use in fight only one char, second one should leave this area as fast as possible. That's all.
GUN FOR HIRE

Jish the small

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 07:00:28 pm »
What would happen if I started attacking your second character? If you will informed about this your team they would start leaving location or just start rescue action and you with them? Such things can't be happen.
Same for scouting - duallog doubles chance for enemy detection.

you guys DID attack my second character
i could not engage for the risk of a ban, so i let myself die
since i did nothing to defend myself on my dual logged alt, it is NOT an offense

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 07:01:32 pm »

So you are against people taxiing their chars then?  Heaven forbid they get an encounter which is a PvP zone...

I can see what you mean but there's a difference between a random encounter and ares or warehouse, the taxi alt isnt going to enter the location with the main character and wait at the entrance for him.

Plus a random encounter is just a small square location that assumedly the taxi and main are going to be leaving asap, not staying around for loot, and lastly they will spawn and likely be stuck very close to eachother, whereas in a place like ares where someone leaves a lockpicker waiting somewhere, that is free vision, a free warning of other players, possibly way before any real fight takes place.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 09:26:20 pm »
since i did nothing to defend myself on my dual logged alt, it is NOT an offense
Action points were wasted so you took participation in PvP at all. You should be reported for that - this is your own risk when you're using 3rd party tools for making your play easier. Now what?