May 14, 2024, 04:00:02 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Sleeping  (Read 3590 times)

Styles

• View Profile
Sleeping
« on: May 10, 2015, 08:23:50 pm »
I know this is a live game and all. But what if clicking on the bed (in our base/tent/hotel) gave us an option to "sleep" and there would be a list of times for how long you want to sleep for like how we have the "wait option" in the single player Fallouts. So clicking say five hours, your character will be inactive for five in game hours. When the time is up you will be rested, well rested and so on. Like the drug counter there will be a time for how "rested" you are and it could come with higher perception and agility.

But if you change your mind, have a "wake option." If it is possible the death animations could be used for our character lying down on the bed. With "Zzzzzz" dialogues or something while we sleep.

For all beds in all bases that would be interesting in my option. You can be signed off when you are sleeping but come back a couple of days later in real time it would have no effect. Other players would see you as "sleeping" or "logged off sleeping."

I am not suggesting we need to sleep and so on. “What next we need to take a shit!” type thing, just that it would be like taking a drug.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:25:58 pm by Styles »

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 08:27:12 pm »
Next thing we need is taking a shit...

Seriously, it would be annoying as fuck.

"Wait guys, I can't go TC, my char need to sleep for an hour!"
Seriously?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:33:58 pm »
Next thing we need is taking a shit...

Seriously, it would be annoying as fuck.

"Wait guys, I can't go TC, my char need to sleep for an hour!"
Seriously?
Yep if there is a bonus from sleeping, it will be stupid. There is no reason to do this. Just imagine when you are logged out in your tent that your character is sleeping if you must

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 08:54:20 pm »
I do not see why would this feature be any good at all...

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 09:05:04 pm »
Funny feature, but to be honest I cannot find any use. Healing Rate is high enough in this game, that waiting for minute or two is enough to get back full HP without sleeping.
GUN FOR HIRE

Sharpy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 03:41:48 pm »
i like the idea for gettin well rested perks as u sleep but so long as u dont HAVE 2 sleeep 2 exit game or u need 2 sleep

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 04:27:47 pm »
Rest until healed was part of fallout.......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 06:01:50 pm »
Resting, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking, Pooping, Loving, etc.

These are all things that would be cool to see, but completely irrelevant :( Will cause more headaches lol. Would be cool to see in a single player FOnline game. But I don't think that it would work for an MMORPG.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 09:04:15 pm »
Resting, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking, Pooping, Loving, etc.

These are all things that would be cool to see, but completely irrelevant :( Will cause more headaches lol. Would be cool to see in a single player FOnline game. But I don't think that it would work for an MMORPG.

I wouldn't want it so we have to do those things. Just that doing those things could act as if you were taking a drug. We can eat and drink things already with some effects. Sleeping would be for when you are done playing with that character for a couple hours, so you go to your tent tell them to sleep. When you log back in, your character would have +1 agility or perception for being rested.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 02:48:09 pm »
Or rested = +10% exp
GUN FOR HIRE

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 03:41:53 pm »
Bad idea in general...

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 05:04:52 pm »
Sleeping is useless but rested exp as in many mmorpgs is nice thing. For example per 1 hour of inactivity you get 5% of rested exp that equal your lvl. So  on X lvl if you dont play for 10 hours you will get 100% bonus exp from all sources for the amount of 50% exp needed to lvl up.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »
Sleeping is useless but rested exp as in many mmorpgs is nice thing. For example per 1 hour of inactivity you get 5% of rested exp that equal your lvl. So  on X lvl if you dont play for 10 hours you will get 100% bonus exp from all sources for the amount of 50% exp needed to lvl up.

I like this idea: You leave your character resting in your tent/house/base bed when you logout, and he gets a maxium +10% bonus exp during a few time after you relog. It's like a a little bonus you only take for few time and if your character stays rested some ingame hours. I've seen it in some MMORPGs; you dont need basic care (sleeping, water, eating) but you can get an alternative bonus if you do.

Anyway, I'm against giving a SPECIAL (pe, int, agi,...) for that.

Apostle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 07:16:12 pm »
Maximum of 10 hours for 100, and having it last for a few hours, and I'd be down. Or cut that in half to just 50, and Loner and Swift Leaner could jump that up to 70 (120 if we did go with the ten hours.) Either case, it'd still be pretty cool.

This may need to make it real time hours of waiting and potentially end on death as well as time. I mean, if you're getting close to double XP, there probably needs form of frustration that needs to exist. Dying after waiting a quarter of a day would probably do it. Perhaps it can only work with XP gained through combat, not crafting.

Would be nice to give those items in our bases, tens and houses more purpose than decoration.

Still, I can do without.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 09:19:39 pm »
I thought of the idea because I don't like the bed in the tent. Takes up space and is for decoration. But what if it did have a use?

If you slept before you logged out and got some XP or whatever then it could be a requirement.

It would add to role playing and immersion.