May 14, 2024, 06:24:02 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Change the Bounty Hunters.  (Read 2626 times)

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
Change the Bounty Hunters.
« on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:32 am »
I like how easy they are to become hostile really sets in the mood, but when was the last time you've heard about organized bounty hunting groups?

Most people aren't too keep to split the bounty/reward money.

I'm fine with replacing the current bounty hunters by having them called mercenaries instead. But when I find bounty hunters it should be a group of 3 people tops and usually a lone wolf.

Probably an OP tough lone wolf with good/OK gear.

This isn't a nerf. I just want the current bounty hunters to be called mercenaries is all. Maybe Wasteland Mercs.
If you need help with anything feel free to PM me.

I'll help the best I can. Oh yeah I'm also a Wiki Editor.

Kaaon

Re: Change the Bounty Hunters.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:17:28 am »
-1, current bounty hunters are fine i think

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:53:34 am »
So you think that bounty hunters traveling together like buddies makes sense?

All I'm asking for is a name change.

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 01:59:05 am »
there are already other NPCs called Mercenaries

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 02:17:53 am »
That's true but not all mercenaries are the same. If the name is a problem then like above they could be called Wasteland Mercs. Of course I'm pretty much the only person with a small issue with the B hunters current name

I personally think that our always hostile mercs don't make any sense who pays them to kill people in the wastes without question. They're raiders plain and simple.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 11:02:01 am »
Bounty Hunters is a perfect name for what they are at the moment - groups of agency-free mercs traveling along the wasteland, killing everyone with hostile attitude (as long as we don't have Bounty Hunt lists).

It sometimes happen that when you shoot first and kill a Merc in Bounty Hunters encounter and put your weapon down they still count that as an hostile action even though you helped them. Think of it as a way for taking their loot or proud. :P

I personally think that our always hostile mercs don't make any sense who pays them to kill people in the wastes without question. They're raiders plain and simple.
I sometimes happen that mercs are shouting "Put your weapon down!" instead of fighting you. They are not always hostile as you see. ;)

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 12:52:49 pm »
It sometimes happen that when you shoot first and kill a Merc in Bounty Hunters encounter and put your weapon down they still count that as an hostile action even though you helped them. Think of it as a way for taking their loot or proud. :p
Well to be fair it makes sense that they will shoot you even when you try to help them. In their eyes you are simply trying to steal their bounty, they can not let that shit slide ;p

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 02:34:19 pm »
Bounty hunters carry heavy weapons, CA2, shoot first and don't bother to ask questions, and loot you when they're done. Why? Because they can. And don't give some crap about leaving the neck; they start shooting BEFORE you're in it.
It'd be one thing if there were actual bounties, but these aren't bounty hunters. They're raiders.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 04:52:37 pm »
They should be updated to have the same behavior as city patrols.
Bounty hunters are ppl of law, not raiders, they shouldn't kill randomly in encounters.
And large groups makes no sense. They should be 2 or 3 guys max, and why not tougher (not immune to energy like special encounter's ghouls, just more hp, double burst, whatever...)

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 05:22:17 pm »
they start shooting BEFORE you're in it.
No, they don't! If you encounter "Bounty Hunters" and no one else is in it they shout "put your weapon down!". You have like 5 seconds to do it (that's enough to open your inventory and move weapon or simply switch slots by pushing 'B' key). And they leave you alone. If it's f.e. "Bounty Hunters and Press Gang" they shoot first, but you are never the target. If you hide your weapon during your first turn they let you go. Even when they finish off the gangers before you had your turn, the rest of them just skips turn till yours comes. If you take your weapon out again, they shoot you on sight / turn on TB.

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 06:01:48 pm »
The large groups of the "not bounty" hunters are like trigger happy guards with no Rep.

I can actually farm these guys because of the way there's no Rep and for the challenge its pretty nice, and before you scream 1 AP spammer 999 AP shot first. Bounty hunters ALWAYS move first, and second I used a 2 AP sniper to do this before I realized 1 AP stuff is out.

For all of the people who say TB is boring to each his own.

Honestly its kind of nice to have a neutral group that's trigger happy but not organized enough (in theory) to have a rep thing attached. Its only 5K to get rep removed so I can farm NCR and others anyhow for profit even with rep.

I'm only peeved that they travel in large groups (Not Army sized but close) And still can be called "Bounty Hunters" They're Mercs if organized, if they aren't organized then they should be in smaller groups like most players.

BTW they drop regular CA near where I farm. Bounty hunters aren't necessarily lawful they're neutral hence Bounty HUNTER instead of say Regulator or Ranger.

As they are now I kind of hate the wait 5 seconds then we start shooting thing cause it keeps you on edge when encountering them. Also due to some lag at times its just safer to keep my guns holstered till a fight (Which IRL would be the case anyhow XD) Its also pretty cool that they act like they do. Honestly though to some it may be abusive that they have no Rep albiet if your rep was low you might be forever stuck as they 1 hit you in TB since they move first and burst about 5-7 Times.

It'd be cool if you could find bounty posters on the hunters though XD, maybe even claim their bounties as a cool side mission Cap rewards only.

If the bounty hunters are part of a large organization they should have a rep applied to them. And then they'd honestly just be called mercs I'm pretty sure not all mercs in this game despite being called that are the same. Which IRL is the truth.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 08:37:55 pm »
Bounty hunters are ppl of law, not raiders, they shouldn't kill randomly in encounters.
Well they do.
No, they don't!
Yes, they do! Happened to me just the day before yesterday. No warning, I hadn't even entered the encouragement when the shooting started.
I didn't see how many were there because I was half way across the viewable area (I only saw one), I did have a weapon in both hands (spiked knuckles active, sledge inactive), but I did NOT get a chance. None.
And I didn't need that, I didn't want that and I really didn't have time for that.
And strangely you're right, I've never had that problem with criminal types. Only Bounty hunters and desert hunters. Well press gang and S/F Merced as well, but.... Eeh.

NoDriLL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 03:46:34 pm »
Well they do.
No, they don't!
Yes, they do! Happened to me just the day before yesterday. No warning, I hadn't even entered the encouragement when the shooting started.
I didn't see how many were there because I was half way across the viewable area (I only saw one), I did have a weapon in both hands (spiked knuckles active, sledge inactive), but I did NOT get a chance. None.
And I didn't need that, I didn't want that and I really didn't have time for that.
And strangely you're right, I've never had that problem with criminal types. Only Bounty hunters and desert hunters. Well press gang and S/F Merced as well, but.... Eeh.

If you stay too close to them they will shot you too. Maybe when you entered you where close to them and you stayed there for some seconds and they started shooting you.
"War, war never changes..."

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 08:58:39 pm »
If you stay too close to them they will shot you too. Maybe when you entered you where close to them and you stayed there for some seconds and they started shooting you.
They weren't in view when I enco'd them.