May 14, 2024, 11:05:04 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Single Shots in TB  (Read 5043 times)

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
Single Shots in TB
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:11:45 am »
Gonna miss em, not because of people screaming TB trap but because of finishing off PVE encounters.
Its a blatant nerf, unless the AP is RAISED, I find no reason to take Fast shot. Since I'd lose out on aiming(an issue late game for me), I can just take bonus rate of fire then use -1AP guns (Or maybe instead of having a minimum just remove the -1AP altogether).

I'd like to discuss this a little bit, I really hope that We can keep single shots for PVE, I could careless about TB PVP  or even RT. I fancy myself a casual PVE gamer and I'd like to keep to my bubble. I'd appreciate it if others would keep that as well instead of screaming when they can't invade my personal space.

I usually make use of single shots to make full use of my AP, if reload in TB were to become 1 AP, I don't think anyone would really make a huge case on that, If I have one lousy point left that gets wasted I'd be pretty bummed.

Its obvious that TB gives advantages to members that build their entire characters around it, but maybe we should make all human encounters give TB/RT data on the party being encountered. That way if an RT player stumbles into a TB "Trap" they can simply say NOPE, and run with their tails between their legs, and vice versa for the PVE player finding an RT Veteran.

Maybe instead of removing single shots entirely there could be a limit on how many 1 ap single shots a player can have per round or deal with the long lasting TB vs RT difference in a completely different way? If single shots are way too OP for even PVE encounters than it'll be considered an exploit rather than a feature. Which I obviously won't like if it were to be removed, but understand why it needs to go.

So far however the issue isn't that PVE TB builds are OP for PVE but for PVP. Thus instead of just nerfing the build to satisfy RT gamers  we should deal with why its an issue for PVP players -cause they can't check RT vs TB.

Outdoorsman is a very useful trait so I would think that the 1 INT PVP'ers should invest more heavily in books, that'll allow them to avoid encounters.

--
Just few a passing thoughts.

Fast shot doesn't affect Bursts at all -HK would then be 1 AP bursts if this was so
With the minimum all weapons will be 2 AP at least.

This does make fast shot a good early perk but a burden long run.

-1 AP craft
- Bonus rate of fire.

Those two affect bursts, Fast shot does not affect bursts

With regular shots being 4 AP with the Crafting Bonus, 3 AP than add B. Rate of fire now 2 AP. If there's a minimum than as long as you have a quality or above fire arm Fast shot is a liability.

If the regular shot costs 5 AP than Fast shot still has its place, and might be vital as that 1 huge AP cost could mean life or death. Probably why the original had 5 AP for regular weapons.

Melee however has reason to be exempt from a hard 2 AP reduction IMO, its pretty under powered by nature. It'd be OP if tied into throwing though as you could become quite a power house for a few stats.

As is 1 AP weapons double the rate of fire a weapon originally for single shots. Another way of seeing this is that you can burst with no range nor damage reduction(Honestly if you need 3 perks to do this its not OP). Also this allows for greater versitility and mobility in combat. In PVE this is staggering, and in PVP not much changes to be honest but less wasted AP as even when bursting first turn is usually easy win. Make a TB PVP build with 12 natural AP -2 to bursts from perk + crafting and you can get 3 Minigun bursts or 3 rockets in, not to mention a possible knockdown effect.

Single shot spamming is not the issue at the core. Its simple TB vs RT. Spamming is just another tool of the issue. Honestly if its just PVP related I don't think a nerf is in order. If its PVE I totally agree a nerf is in order although not welcome.

--
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:40:47 am by GenericoScout »
If you need help with anything feel free to PM me.

I'll help the best I can. Oh yeah I'm also a Wiki Editor.

gnjisa

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Single Shots in TB
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 01:43:19 pm »
TB PvP always comes down to who shoots first. And that is all there is to it.

1 AP TB single shots are irrelevant for that IMO and the whole 1 AP rant in that regard is missing the point.

I am all for keeping it in game (for my occasional TB PvE hunts), but I am afraid the no 1AP shots lobby is too big and they would be removed eventually.

Charity

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 05:22:48 pm »
Just that - I have char who can shoot 15 single shots in turn with appropriate gear, and I can say that it is clearly and with no doubt OP. I'm all in for the nerf.

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 08:25:50 pm »
Just that - I have char who can shoot 15 single shots in turn with appropriate gear, and I can say that it is clearly and with no doubt OP. I'm all in for the nerf.

But why such a huge nerf that destroys a trait that is currently in use? And is this for PVE reasons? cause if its not then you shouldn't really care since Gore will do something to change TB vs RT eventually IMO.

For PVE It'll be almost a no brainer that it'd be a powerful tool OP with endgame gear, but as I stated above it makes fast shot a WORTHLESS trait.

15 single shots is alot but would 10? Would 8? I only get 12 rounds off a round and still can get killed in PVE.
I don't think the nerf from 12 shots to 6 AND ruin half of PVE builds would really be appropriate when you solo PVE.

Although that depends on how important you see fast shot as it could be used as a jump starter trait still.

From 15 to 7 is a huge nerf, a little too big IMO. We could do with 8-9 IMO to keep fast shot viable instead of screwing it over, but if it becomes worthless Kilgore will just remove the trait I'm sure.

Maybe what we could do is make the minimum go into effect if you wear say combat armor and/or use certain guns that are known to be OP, this would empower sneaking builds and encourage them, After all light armor makes you faster, that way they're glass cannons.

I am in favor of changes but an EXTREME nerf is a bit too much for me to swallow.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:34:22 pm by GenericoScout »

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 06:50:02 am »
I prefer TB play.
I don't PK unless forced to.
that usually means "they shoot first" and I die.
but not always.
my 1AP alt at least has a chance of being a nice guy and not having "nice guy insta death".
in other words I get shot first and not die, and retaliate with my 10hp to kill the fuck who fired first, after I said "hi".
most of my play is as a loner.
pve cave/footlocker.
I have never really played PVP.
only when I stumbled across a PVP player during PVE.
PVP hate TB.
TB hates RT.
I am not sure what the answer is with RT and TB game style mixing.
but nerfing one of the few things that TB players have, only during TB play, doesn't seem like balance to me.
too many variables for this old man to get his mind around.
cheers

BurstDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 07:24:13 am »
Yeah! Whine about tb traps! Nerf fast shot and then go farm enclave patrols or bounty hunters alone...... :o
this is shitty idea IMO, why? it will destroy PvE on Reloaded, but who will listen me.... :(

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 08:22:54 am »
Glad that the players here none seem to have an issue about 1AP single shots when in PVE encounters.
Hopefully TB builds won't get nerved.

If what Kilgore said was true on my other thread than we don't have a PVP oriented reason for any nerf.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 09:03:04 am »
Mhm, no pvp reason at all...
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=4281.0

Also is that really fun to start pve encounter with 28 shots and just do mindless clicking? Last I checked there were other ways to kill creatures (even in tb).

But if you think makings tb spammer (easiest build possible) and owning everything with high skill and sophisticated strategy is the essence of great fun in game. And making min. 2ap per shot will destroy the game than I'm sorry.
:facepalm

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 09:47:53 am »
Mhm, no pvp reason at all...
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=4281.0

Also is that really fun to start pve encounter with 28 shots and just do mindless clicking? Last I checked there were other ways to kill creatures (even in tb).

But if you think makings tb spammer (easiest build possible) and owning everything with high skill and sophisticated strategy is the essence of great fun in game. And making min. 2ap per shot will destroy the game than I'm sorry.
PVP is a TB vs RT issue so a min isn't needed

You can't get 28 AP and if you could We need a CAP not a min.

Min would destroy a Trait and some builds around that so we can change something else instead of having a straight up Min. Such as equipment checks to stop people from Turbo'ing 15 shots that do 90 Damage per shot.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:56:43 am by GenericoScout »

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 09:56:18 am »
If you need 1AP shots to survive in PVE you might need to rethink your build.

I have currently 12AP (1O + Jet), and my weapons cost 3AP to fire, giving me currently 4 rounds to fire off, and from my experiance that is more then enough to drop a hostile to the ground every two turns. Especially if I decide to trow in a burst.

I am not quite sure with what you guys have a hard time doing PVE but the only two groups that I need to run for are Enclave and BOS and that is simply because I lack the equipment to fight them.

In my opinion 1AP shot builds are retarded and unnecesarry but v0v

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 10:11:08 am »
Well its not so much survive more often than own entire encampments solo TBH. Eventually I'd want to fight something tougher than Desert Rangers and in more quantities than 1-3 at a time. 1 AP shots makes PVE no longer a perceived luck based encounter or a threat when equipped well.

As is I'd need about 6 shots to regularly get down NPC's with CA or Deathclaws, things I fight often. The nerf would ensure that I'd never be able to reliably down Paladins or Enclave from my POV though due to their numbers and equipment.

I'm more so peeved that the nerf isn't because PVE is the issue but because Vets happen to want to slaughter newbies in PVP. If everyone agreed that its a huge issue on PVE I'd be less against the nerf but I'd still want some sort of compromise.

PVP is simply a RT vs TB issue so it shouldn't get PVE builds mixed up into this. 1AP shots is a tool I use for PVE honestly top tier equipment shouldn't be 1 AP to fire on most things, but its actually needed when your enemies have 1400 HP and like 15 movement AP (not a joke) Pashtuurs from what I've heard.

If I actually wanted to farm PVE to the fullest 1 AP is basically needed, although it'd make 95% of PVE encounters just a joke but even with 2 AP those encounters wouldn't have been an issue at all.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:16:32 am by GenericoScout »

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 10:22:04 am »
1400 HP and like 15 movement AP (not a joke) Pashtuurs from what I've heard.
I have not encountered anything of such sort yet, but I would imagine that such NPC were created to take down as a group and not solo?

If I actually wanted to farm PVE to the fullest 1 AP is basically needed, although it'd make 95% of PVE encounters just a joke but even with 2 AP those encounters wouldn't have been an issue at all.
I find this bit contradicting, one moment you say you need it, yet it makes almost all encounters a joke. Do you mean you just want to be able to have the 1AP shots for the 5% you cant handle easely or?

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 10:37:55 am »
I have not encountered anything of such sort yet, but I would imagine that such NPC were created to take down as a group and not solo?
First time I met 2 Pashtshuurs when I was farming with a friend. We were using standard 12ga Shells to burst them on range with our Pancors. It was a though fight. But if you one hex them with p90+10mm AP you can easily kill 4 of them with a non-tank and non-burst char (killed many with my 255 HP sneaker :D). Just take a few super stimpaks and a decent load of ammo. :)

As for the topic - 2 AP shots were cool, people made 14 AP pistolero builds to shoot 7 times per round and it was pretty were balanced. Now you can kill easily anyone in one round and TB fights became less popular because of it. :(

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 10:53:10 am »
You can't get 28 AP and if you could We need a CAP not a min.

You can make 28 shots in a row in TB = 28 AP without cookies.

As somebody said: If you can't do shit even in PvE without spamming your enemy to death than you should rethink your build and/or the way you play.
:facepalm

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 11:20:14 am »

I find this bit contradicting, one moment you say you need it, yet it makes almost all encounters a joke. Do you mean you just want to be able to have the 1AP shots for the 5% you cant handle easely or?

I thought I would need it to fight Pashtuurs, the 5% I'm referring to are large groups of tough NPC's or dreaded super ones. I've never actually fought them before so I'm just going off of second hand info.

Still I'm not looking to keep the 1 AP as it is, but making a hard 2 AP minimum isn't an answer I'd like.
It'd be better if sneaking builds kept their 1 AP single shots due to lack of armor, or if range was factored in. If you wear light armor you move faster, and the farther you have to aim the longer it takes to make a shot.

You can make 28 shots in a row in TB = 28 AP without cookies.

As somebody said: If you can't do shit even in PvE without spamming your enemy to death than you should rethink your build and/or the way you play.
Then we need an AP cap 28 AP is ridiculous. Not sure why you brought up the other semi quote. When you're outnumbered by pashtuurs are you supposed to be called a noob if you can't fight them toe to toe? At any rate instead of saying rethinking the way I play you could offer suggestions I'm open to them. Albiet truth be told I've only been spamming for like a day and I burst just as often. Rest of my chars are 2-4 AP per shot ATM.

First time I met 2 Pashtshuurs when I was farming with a friend. We were using standard 12ga Shells to burst them on range with our Pancors. It was a though fight. But if you one hex them with p90+10mm AP you can easily kill 4 of them with a non-tank and non-burst char (killed many with my 255 HP sneaker :D). Just take a few super stimpaks and a decent load of ammo. :)

As for the topic - 2 AP shots were cool, people made 14 AP pistolero builds to shoot 7 times per round and it was pretty were balanced. Now you can kill easily anyone in one round and TB fights became less popular because of it. :(

Thanks for the feedback BB and to everyone else although I've been here for a month I'm not too familiar with previous mechanics.
How'd we get to 1 AP weapons? was it because of crafting bonuses or the addition of fast shot? Will PM if I don't get a reply here in a day or two.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:24:37 am by GenericoScout »