May 07, 2024, 05:36:57 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Mining Skill/Traits + Easily Obtaining Gecko Skinning  (Read 8394 times)

Catoptromancy

• View Profile
Re: Mining Skill/Traits + Easily Obtaining Gecko Skinning
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 06:47:02 pm »
Gecko skinning is perfect in Klamath. It is a place of trappers so makes sense.

I think Armorer 1 should only be in Modoc. Only other non-pvp reason to go there is for meat. Modoc has that leather armor guy in a town surrounded by cows, geckos, and enemies wearing leather.

People should need to leave safe towns to get nice stuff. Team up with faster players if there is a long journey.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 07:32:44 pm »
It is like that on FO2, there are four professions in general, three levels each. Only first levels are available in guarded towns, levels two and three in unguarded ones. Doesn't change much, people come to get it and run away to never come back. Making more cities guarded or at least having that pathetic TC feature removed could possibly populate them.
Well.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 11:02:19 am »
People should need to leave safe towns to get nice stuff. Team up with faster players if there is a long journey.

-1. Most 90% players are PvE, roleplayers, casuals who run away when meet players in unguarded places.

It is like that on FO2, there are four professions in general, three levels each. Only first levels are available in guarded towns, levels two and three in unguarded ones. Doesn't change much, people come to get it and run away to never come back. Making more cities guarded or at least having that pathetic TC feature removed could possibly populate them.
Well.

+1 nothing more to add.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 11:20:19 am »
As above and once again. PvP is top activity in this game and as top activity it should be kept as activity available in most cases only for those who want it. Without forcing other players to join it. Listen to old dogs like Wichura and Jarok, at least I would listen to them.
GUN FOR HIRE

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »
People just dont want to be forced to do something. They want to do what they want.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 02:20:46 am »
I totally agree with original idea here, of adding some bonus properties to worker-class characters. Some way to reduce the clicking:

• "Miner" perk, when you mine, you get 2-5x more mats (random).
  • "Large Frame" perk, grants you twice your base Carry Weight.
  • "Quarryman" perk, you only need 1 AP per click (hammer-to-rocks) when you mine.
  • "Scavanger" perk, when you find Junk, you find 2-5x more (because Junk gathering is by far the slowest).

Stuff like that. Making these tough to get would be good too.

Gecko Skinning is fine as-is imo. I'm not sure why you think it's such a pain to get. It's easy. Actually, i believe the original intention for support perks in 2238 was to add quests to the NPC who teach you these things, but adding quests takes a lot of time, so they made them available immediately via dialogue until those quests can be added some day. (Maybe never).

I like the new fire gecko pelt requirement, but the comments about fire resistance are spot-on. I suggest that fire gecko pelts, in particular, could be an optional ingredient to any armor, which adds fire resistance. Just like adding Oil+Chemical Components to anything metallic could cut deterioration speed in half, and adding High Quality eParts to any armor could add electrical resistance. I could go on and on with that idea... 

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 07:29:58 am »
How about, instead of all these new perks and stuff;

Separate the gecko skinning support perks, and requirements and location gained.

For example;

Gecko skinning level 1; allows the player to skin silver and golden geckos, requirement level 6 and 50 outdoorsman, gained from the guy in dustys cantina in JT.

Gecko skinning level 2; Allows the player to skin fire geckos, requirement level 12 and 100 outdoorsman, gained from the gecko hunters in klamath.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 07:08:15 pm »
OH FUCKING NOES!!!  YOU NEED TO GO MAKE A FIVE MINUTE WALK FOR A GOD DAMNED PERK!!!

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »
OH FUCKING NOES!!!  YOU NEED TO GO MAKE A FIVE MINUTE WALK FOR A GOD DAMNED PERK!!!

One time... with the first character of the session.

After that you just read a pile of tent maps and drive everywhere.

I personally think the perk can be removed altogether. I see it as simply another remnant of 2238 that didn't need to continue.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 06:48:14 am »

Unless that player has tagged outdoorsman, or boosted it, or managed to buy OD books, then that walk is a lot longer than 5 minutes.

Go and try it, make a level 1 character and walk to klamath, with no OD bonuses, it can take literally forever if you get unlucky and killed repeatedly.

Pretty harsh for a simple perk like gecko skinning.

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 10:52:17 am »
I'd say the Quarryman perk would be two action points than rather one.
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Catoptromancy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 11:19:24 pm »
- Craftable pickaxe that doubles mats gathered and halves AP. Would require: Wood, 2 good metal parts, and advanced workbench.

Removes need for two of those perks...less need for alting.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:28:05 pm by Catoptromancy »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 10:08:36 am »
- Craftable pickaxe that doubles mats gathered and halves AP. Would require: Wood, 2 good metal parts, and advanced workbench.

:) or just make supersledges really good for mining (each SS hit on a deposit yields double or triple).

And how about a craftable backpack, worn in the armor slot, so that even low ST builds can utilise mining properly without having to make a 10 ST alt?

I think that would be cool, it's not like people would wear the backpack to combat for extra looting, because they would techincally be wearing no armor, and thus be made of paper (also have a naked -50 sneak penalty).

Zythol

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 12:39:18 pm »

:) or just make supersledges really good for mining (each SS hit on a deposit yields double or triple).

And how about a craftable backpack, worn in the armor slot, so that even low ST builds can utilise mining properly without having to make a 10 ST alt?

I think that would be cool, it's not like people would wear the backpack to combat for extra looting, because they would techincally be wearing no armor, and thus be made of paper (also have a naked -50 sneak penalty).
I like the backpack idea. Could craft with some brahmin hides and fibre. Even an upgraded one with gecko hides perhaps.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 03:56:46 pm »
  • "Large Frame" perk, grants you twice your base Carry Weight.

+1 for sure, but check out my revision. Large Frame grants you twice your carry weight, but only if you are wearing leather armor or less.

"Since you are bigger than most, you can carry more than most. Stiff armor can cause a mobility problem though."