May 06, 2024, 03:49:36 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: FOnline reloaded on raspberry pi  (Read 1493 times)

supermegabla

• View Profile
FOnline reloaded on raspberry pi
« on: May 07, 2018, 07:19:07 pm »
I think it will be a great idea to give FOnline reloaded a place on raspberry pi platform.You see pi is not really good in performance and the lack of games makes pi pretty boring.Meaning if we port the game on Linux platform we might get more developers for our game expanding its content and community.Plus it might be one of the first profesionaly running mmorpgs.It has the hardware(as we can run quake 3 on it).Not a programmer, but be willing to try it on the system if it comes out.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: FOnline reloaded on raspberry pi
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 04:39:32 pm »
I think it will be a great idea to give FOnline reloaded a place on raspberry pi platform.You see pi is not really good in performance and the lack of games makes pi pretty boring.Meaning if we port the game on Linux platform we might get more developers for our game expanding its content and community.Plus it might be one of the first profesionaly running mmorpgs.It has the hardware(as we can run quake 3 on it).Not a programmer, but be willing to try it on the system if it comes out.

I wish! I asked about this before - i would LOVE to have this game on R-Pi. I have been told though, it is not possible as things are now, due to some hard technical limitations (related to RISC processor architecture). That means it would only be possible after a TON of work first, effectively re-writing the game, including likely it's engine. The engine code is however not under our control. As i understand it, cvet is the "only" one with control of the engine code, and multiple people have appealed to him to share it - to no avail.

I hope i am wrong about all of that, but you look into it more and see what you find. Reloaded on R-Pi would be the best!