May 08, 2024, 01:29:02 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Made my own "pvp" build... up to level 14... Want to know if I ballsed up.  (Read 7849 times)

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
Re: Made my own "pvp" build... up to level 14... Want to know if I ballsed up.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 11:49:01 pm »
More Criticals
Even More Criticals
Sharpshooter
Lifegiver
Better Criticals
Lifegiver
Bonus rate of fire

The must for sniper builds

Last perk up to you, I took weapon handling so I can hit shit. if you're talking about sneaker, idk :P

Sneaker would need Silent Running.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 11:50:15 pm »
Perks Stalker listed work well. For a sneak though, i suggest: MC, EMC, SS, BC, SR, RBtE, BRoF, and HtG. Not exactly how i did mine but maybe how i'd do mine next time.

The thing about deciding on perks is...you have to really think about how you intend to use this char, and then have some vision about how best to prioritize what's most/least useful for that exact use. I had a very specific plan with mine and using sneak was integral. I had to let HP and DR go. The idea of being great at 2 things is tough (marksman and sneak) so trying to be 3 things (with high defense or speed) is too far out of reach. No single character can be everything - we all have to choose...

* High Speed (BRoF, Action Boys)
* High Defense (Lifegivers, Even Tougher)
* High Damage (BRD, Crits)

...and the more hybriddy you are, the less effective for a specific use you might also be.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:30:34 am by Henry »

Achas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 12:24:01 am »
Alright, I've read everything posted here.

I've started my journey.

Thank you all heaps, you guys have been really helpful.

Hope to see you ingame :D

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 12:49:32 am »
Just a small add from a veteran on advices from other veteran. :P
More Criticals
Even More Criticals
Sharpshooter
Lifegiver
Better Criticals
Lifegiver
Bonus rate of fire

The must for sniper builds
IMO, you don't really need sharpshooter on any other build than Gauss. Of course seeing more is always nice, but it's not really needed in every case. BROF is also not a must, but it depends mostly on how familiar you are with the game and what your style of playing is - if you intend to just stand there and spend all your action points till good crit is done/enemy dies/you die it will be useful of course. In other cases (like corner picking) I don't think you really need it. Also as I said the must be for snipers is RTBE/HTG, as most players use top stuff in the current situation. Same reasoning for finesse - with all the implants and top stuff counting for a high dmg shot is like praying for the win. In other words, you need critical effects to win a 1v1 and during a team fight you will be much more of help if you do a lot of KOs and weapon drops than if you rely on damage (if you want to rely on damage make a bozar tank, lol). When speaking about single shot characters: crit chance > dmg (which is sad to be honest, because then every character without f.e. bonehead is considered as a failbuild and all of it caused by broken economy of the server).

Achas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 03:36:10 am »
Just a small add from a veteran on advices from other veteran. :P

IMO, you don't really need sharpshooter on any other build than Gauss. Of course seeing more is always nice, but it's not really needed in every case. BROF is also not a must, but it depends mostly on how familiar you are with the game and what your style of playing is - if you intend to just stand there and spend all your action points till good crit is done/enemy dies/you die it will be useful of course. In other cases (like corner picking) I don't think you really need it. Also as I said the must be for snipers is RTBE/HTG, as most players use top stuff in the current situation. Same reasoning for finesse - with all the implants and top stuff counting for a high dmg shot is like praying for the win. In other words, you need critical effects to win a 1v1 and during a team fight you will be much more of help if you do a lot of KOs and weapon drops than if you rely on damage (if you want to rely on damage make a bozar tank, lol). When speaking about single shot characters: crit chance > dmg (which is sad to be honest, because then every character without f.e. bonehead is considered as a failbuild and all of it caused by broken economy of the server).

There's an off chance I'll find out I'm a terrible PvP sniper and have to try a different setup anyways lol :P
I'll see if I can make this build work. I'm up to level 8 already.

Achas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 04:58:51 am »
So I made a sniper rifle with -1 AP, but it's still using 6 AP for aimed shots even when it says it will only take 5. Is this on purpose? Or bug?
The normal fire mode is working and taking only 4 AP.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:11:55 am by Achas »

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 05:30:48 am »
   Aim torso costs least , aim arms is +1 AP , aim eyes +2 AP so you couldn't do 3 eye shots and kill all :)
   Jet + NukaCola + 10 AG will give you extra AP (with BROF you will have enough for 2 eye shots without 1 eye 1 on limbs).
   Keep in mind that snipers don't go to battle alone but with a team and they stay behind tanks and protect them from enemy snipers / long range attacks and scout for enemy.
   This makes me wonder , if I go with sneak , won't even my own team get me out of sneak mode so i should then stay away from them as well ???
   Keep in mind you are not limited to sniper rifle , you have 25 % crit chance so you can use char as weak but high damage crit burster.I would go with more Endurance (lifegivers) and even tougher (as Stalker suggested) as snipers are really not that hard to kill without good gear (and you have to kill a deathclaw / mutant  now and then too).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 05:40:04 am »
Aiming legs or arms will cost 1 more AP. Aiming Eyes, Head, or Groin cost 2 more AP than the normal cost.

Example : So unaimed shot cost 6 AP. Aiming to someones arms/legs will cost 7 AP. Aiming to their eyes/head/groin will cost 8.

Achas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 05:59:32 am »
Ahh okay that makes sense. Thanks for the quick replies.
I've gotta get that jet blueprint... from Reno. That'll be an adventure lol

Yea I noticed I was critting almost every time with a 10mm SMG burst. Satisfying  8)
I think I have enough cash for the p90 blueprint so I'm gonna go get that now on my crafter.

Gabriel(RealOne)

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 06:04:39 am »
   You can barter for Jet at Hub weapon shop and buy Nuka Cola at Junktown bar via dialogue.Some NPCs will drop jet sometimes too.

Achas

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 06:49:27 am »
I just got the blueprint, but after reading about it it seems like its not something you can make tons of easily because getting empty inhalers is unreliable. I keep running low on mats and was curious about how slaves work with mining. I read over the related wiki pages but it wasn't super clear. Or I'm blind and missed something. Can you get them to mine for you? Or do they just function as pack mules?
If they mine for you I'm probably going to buy some.

I should get on the IRC or join a faction with all these questions I don't want to hog the top post spot.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:54:53 am by Achas »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 09:20:40 am »
Aiming legs or arms will cost 1 more AP. Aiming Eyes, Head, or Groin cost 2 more AP than the normal cost.

Example : So unaimed shot cost 6 AP. Aiming to someones arms/legs will cost 7 AP. Aiming to their eyes/head/groin will cost 8.

Man, I don't miss those days at all...

;D

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »
Yea I noticed I was critting almost every time with a 10mm SMG burst. Satisfying  8)
Keep it mind players use armors and have perks that reduce your crit chance. So if you're critting homeless people everytime, it doesn't mean you will perform same on players.

A bit offtopic, but well...
I just got the blueprint, but after reading about it it seems like its not something you can make tons of easily because getting empty inhalers is unreliable.
Just go around PvP zones and get some from the ground. :] Btw, if you don't have a faction (can't get to TC lockers) it's still better to buy jet than craft it. I know it's quite expensive, but there are easy ways to get caps.

And yes, you can command your slaves to mine for you. However, in public mines they tend to disappear from time to time (greedy players). ;d
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:24:06 pm by BB. »

Achas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 10:51:06 pm »
Thanks for the advice  :)

I bought some jet from the hub. Price wasn't too bad. Slaves are on my buy list.

Your pvp vids are awesome btw, stalker's too

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 11:00:39 pm »
Thanks for the advice  :)

I bought some jet from the hub. Price wasn't too bad. Slaves are on my buy list.

Your pvp vids are awesome btw, stalker's too