May 12, 2024, 06:14:55 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Outdoors skill and death  (Read 3168 times)

apocalypseman

• View Profile
Outdoors skill and death
« on: August 31, 2013, 12:52:15 am »
The one thing I liked about the original Fallout games was that if your OD was too low there was a chance that you could die in the wasteland. I don't know why FOnline removed that from the system. It makes sense to have it though, your character can get lost, die from hunger/dehydration etc.

Another possible route -
Maybe incorporate food/water canteens/bags. If you have those equipped it adds to your survivability rate. Now (I'm not talking about turning FOnline into the Fallout SIMS) but those items are in the game and they seem practically useless, lets find a way to make them useful. The lower the OD the more you need these items. The higher your OD the less you need these items.

It would be nice to see that OD actually means something other than avoiding encounters.

Low OD = higher chance of Death in the wasteland.
Adapt to the harshness or become one with the dust.

kaincallavis

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Outdoors skill and death
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 03:47:12 am »
Don't care for this idea but i do like the idea of making those items practical.

More quests that require them or something.
Or a very slight gain to your OD skill when you have them on you.
Make special encounters that can get you a nice companion if you have a canteen of water for them.

As for death due to low OD I disagree, but something else might be more practical.
Perhaps you spawn in literally entirely surrounded by whatever random mob it would have been due to low OD? that's more of a perception thing...

Low OD already sort of enforces death... You are forced into player encounters, lol.

The skill should have a bit more impact, especially in pvp  but not random death for a low score of it.
Maybe instead a low score might cause you to get lost or dehydrate and get lost. (cause it to force you to stay where you are on the WM for 3 minutes, or 5 minutes and give you a "low OD" related message so you know why you got stuck...
That could really effect peoples plans, especially for later pvp or town wars.

Just my thoughts...
-Kain

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 06:43:02 am »
The one thing I liked about the original Fallout games was that if your OD was too low there was a chance that you could die in the wasteland. I don't know why FOnline removed that from the system. It makes sense to have it though, your character can get lost, die from hunger/dehydration etc.

Another possible route -
Maybe incorporate food/water canteens/bags. If you have those equipped it adds to your survivability rate. Now (I'm not talking about turning FOnline into the Fallout SIMS) but those items are in the game and they seem practically useless, lets find a way to make them useful. The lower the OD the more you need these items. The higher your OD the less you need these items.

It would be nice to see that OD actually means something other than avoiding encounters.

Low OD = higher chance of Death in the wasteland.

Low outdoor will make You to fall in encounters more often - Your chance to get killed is increased.

Food/Water/Canteens/Bags have their place in game:

Food increase companions loyality

Water is a Cart wagon fuel and its used in some quest

Canteens are places where You can role-play

Bags are used in some quests.

Kascin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:02:13 am »
It's a Jovanka-style feature: this useless and would be boring when this happen.

This could be interesting in a Roleplay server, but I think the goal of this server is to have fun and to fight.

I hope we'll never see this kind of feature here.

Fafnir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 07:18:11 am »

FYI canteen = manierka in polish :D

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:59:06 am »

FYI canteen = manierka in polish :D
Just for you http://translate.google.pl/#en/pl/canteens

Dayum words can have more than one meaning! D:

Fafnir

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 11:27:27 am »
Just for you http://translate.google.pl/#en/pl/canteens

Dayum words can have more than one meaning! D:

Yep and their meaning depends on a context. In this case "water canteen" = "manierka wody", not "wodna kantyna".

Anything else?

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 02:57:47 pm »
I have read is as  food/water,  canteens/bags.

Just misunderstanding

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 03:14:42 pm »
I have read is as  food/water,  canteens/bags.

Just misunderstanding
Huh same here, my bad

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 12:29:47 am »
Food could have additional feature: temporary increase your healing rate.
So when you have eaten some iguana or apples or whatever you get some bonus to the healing rate, lets say +4 for next 15 minutes.
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.