May 09, 2024, 02:20:51 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: I propose to revive the server. discussing  (Read 5812 times)

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
Re: I propose to revive the server. discussing
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 01:40:06 pm »
Removing improvments will be step back. It is not even good trolling.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »
Why would base raiding possibility imply unplayability of the game?

If by unplayability you mean that players that only care about storing stuff (arent those called nowadays hamsters?) will leave, then maybe it will be long-term necessary collateral damage.

But, what if beyond those players who leave, (which being honest, are those who bring less value since they do not interact) a new population of interactive players is established? Players who are not afraid of losing stuff, because they know that with the right skill, stuff comes back from other sources. And that is in the end, the meaning of GAME DYNAMICS, stuff that flows, in other words, stuff that does not get stacked (just like it is now). 

In my conclusion, Id like to add that I firmly believe that is the passive stacking of resources what kills the game and its dynamic, and that by any means it should be avoided. Just advocate for a free world with less limitations!

If you truly believe that then I invite you to make and code your own server. Feel free to attract your own userbase, listen to their daily screaming, whining and abuse and handle all coding yourself. Be sure to tell your userbase that players do not have any form of safe storage, are forced to do extra mandatory grinding and can never go to bed without the fear of having their bases looted when they wake up.

To help you get started you should go and help yourself to the source code of the first session of Reloaded, you can find that in the "Workshop" section of this forum.

Good luck.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 04:54:24 am »
- One fraction - one base

- One character - one tent

- Disable craft Combat armor. Upgrade only (but not sure it's a good idea. Although at the moment there are many different combat armors and will be fun to look for the necessary blueprints)

- disable set up tents in city locations (New Reno, Boneyard, San-Fran, Themepark, etc.)

- Remove the opportunity to build a base in a random place

- Remove the blueprints from the merchants, leaving only chests on the city locations

Sorry for my Google Translate :-)
That's cool.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 10:36:59 am »
I understand this idea like this...
1. Hamsters are passive players with a lot of good loot, but usually loners
2. Make us able to steal their loot,  by rapeing their bases.
3. Make farming loot pointless for them.
4. Make them leave serwer. 

What i don't understand is what's the problem with collectors/hamsters. One players do PvP other collect stuff,  and belive me. Without pointless PKing players would not store tons of stuff,  and poor PvP players don't interact because only place they can interact is Hub. Anywhere else opening chat is a death sentence. So on low level you learn that you need tons of spare stuff so you don't need to hunt in bluesuit with only fists for a weapon.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

chibbix

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 03:19:42 pm »
As a pretty new player (started about four-five days ago). I'd like to add that i like the server the way it is now and that the ideas you're proposing are absolutely terrifying. I certainly wouldn't play if my rackity ass tent were getting looted for the minerals and iron i'm using to level up, learn professions, and get caps. Not to mention i keep my armor and guns there when i'm at the quarry. What would even be the point of that if it could just be looted? I would just have to lug around a extra 30 kilo's worth of bullets armor and armaments. I think we'd just be left with a ton of HtH players running around stealing each others items all day; running around with no items. That doesn't sound like more interaction it sounds like trying to put them at each others throats.

Like i said. If these were in place i don't think i would of started this game. It's already hostile enough with people running around stealing and jumping in on encounters. I feel like i have already died quite a bit strictly from players...
Eternally :y

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 03:55:05 pm »
1. Hamsters are passive players with a lot of good loot
HAHAHA! Oh, where DO these ideas come from? The big facs have all (I mean ALL) the loot.
And yet, us loners tend to be on MORE than the big fac players. They only have to hop on for tc and say an hour for dumpster diving in boneyard so they can jerk off on minigunning a blue suit from the other side of the map, rather than use any REAL skills.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 04:02:03 pm »
well I'm a hamster myself, and I have some rare stuff stashed in my tents and idea presented in that "gamechange"  would keep me on my toes 24/7. Loners mostly walk around looting, so they can get more SE than groups of PKs like khans that walk around in packs. 

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2015, 04:08:11 pm »
I'm a trader, You'll always see me on the wastes. But also I've never been PK'd while doing so.

Fact is you just aren't looking for players who leave to go into the wastes and other cities. You just sit on your ass in the HUB.
Then go 2 feet to PK blue suits or fight other people like yourselves original poster.

Also if this idea happened then all that would happen is that I'd leave alts in the HUB, and trade between them. Instead of my base being that, you'll see 400 alts running around the HUB with the word OFF next to them.
In Maintenance Mode.