May 08, 2024, 11:35:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: I propose to revive the server. discussing  (Read 5810 times)

Spacefucker

• STRADAI !!1
    • View Profile
I propose to revive the server. discussing
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:41:20 pm »
Recently, again I played with this wonderful project.
Sadly. Hamsters are the same, the same aimless burn-time Hinckley ...
Offers the option of reviving the server:

First you need to return the forgotten terms:
- One fraction - one base
- One character - one tent
- Disable craft Combat armor. Upgrade only (but not sure it's a good idea. Although at the moment there are many different combat armors and will be fun to look for the necessary blueprints)
Add new:
- disable set up tents in city locations (New Reno, Boneyard, San-Fran, Themepark, etc.)
- Remove the opportunity to build a base in a random place
- Remove the blueprints from the merchants, leaving only chests on the city locations

What will it give?
Players get out of his hamster homes.
will have to look for something in a wasteland.
No longer will thousands of parking lots next to each city
loot need to be delivered to the destination. (A most valuable loot where? In New Reno, Warehouse, the city locations. And there is no bases or tents)
Return the good old days when large fractions versed in the top of the map, and small - in the bottom. The recipe for crafting and other rare items will have to find and deliver to the base (or sell, or lose on the way :-))

Discuss.

Sorry for my Google Translate :-)

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: I propose to revive the server. discussing
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:14:07 am »
Think everyone would leave the server if those things happened.
In Maintenance Mode.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 05:54:21 am »
Is this some sort of joke?  :o
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

zinthos

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 06:19:40 am »
i wouldnt call this the revival of the server. these changes would result that everyone has tons of alts to have bases and tents everywhere, as it was before.

Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:22 am »
I am still convinced that the only way to forced people move their asses would be to expose them to a real life threat: someone can raid your base.

This new panorama would encourage not only to protect your base properly but to also promote people to raid other people bases and, therefore, MOVE.

Not only more implication, but also a lot of diplomacy and interaction between gangs in order to get info about other bases, alliances, support for raiding etc...

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 07:04:04 am »
someone can raid your base.

... and base is empty becouse someone can raid your base  ;D

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 07:05:48 am »
Raiding base sucks. How you gonna defend them when even NPCs doesnt do it....you gonna stay there 24/h ? 7 days in a week?
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 07:05:57 am »
I am still convinced that the only way to forced people move their asses would be to expose them to a real life threat: someone can raid your base.

This new panorama would encourage not only to protect your base properly but to also promote people to raid other people bases and, therefore, MOVE.

Not only more implication, but also a lot of diplomacy and interaction between gangs in order to get info about other bases, alliances, support for raiding etc...
If you want to see what brings people out, look at the HUB. A zone WITHOUT PVP. The lack of threat attracts people. There will be no way that they'll expose themself to die for you unless you make them profit by dying.

Also, unless you can kill a logged off player, people will just store items in alts in safe towns.
In Maintenance Mode.

Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:57 am »

[/quote]
There will be no way that they'll expose themself to die for you unless you make them profit by dying.
[/quote]

As I said above, dying for raiding other bases is worthy.

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 09:49:36 am »
As I said above, dying for raiding other bases is worthy.

Thats your imagination  ::)

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 09:50:10 am »
This thread should STAY THERE as a warning for others to not even write such bollocks. I didn't see bigger bullshit nowadays than this, ofc this is some kind of joke or a troll post, basically it's going 10 steps backward and jumping into cesspit.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 12:19:26 pm »
Wow, that would be horrible.

Over 9000 alts registered for tents and parking lots. Another 9000 alts for bases. Another 9000 mule alts for storing items safely while disconnected. Seriously, wtf?

Hamstering isn't so bad. And if someone doesn't want to leave his/her base, you can't force him to do so. Because if you force him to do so, he will likely get frustrated about getting pwned and will just move to some other game.

The only effective way to limit hamstering and carpeting items is to disable item drop on death.

Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 01:21:40 pm »
Wow, that would be horrible.

Over 9000 alts registered for tents and parking lots. Another 9000 alts for bases. Another 9000 mule alts for storing items safely while disconnected. Seriously, wtf?

Hamstering isn't so bad. And if someone doesn't want to leave his/her base, you can't force him to do so. Because if you force him to do so, he will likely get frustrated about getting pwned and will just move to some other game.

The only effective way to limit hamstering and carpeting items is to disable item drop on death.

Alt problem could be easily solved...come on... you can use ip relation checks, and for those smartasses who use proxies so that they can store stuff in alts, u can somehow find those chars and ban em by a search engine function with the appropiate algorithm... For example, chars that have been unactive for longer than a month + carry more than x amount of lb + ip registrated with that char has been inactive longer than x amount of weeks...

What I want to say, is that its just a matter of will, the means you will allways find em, but first u gotta decide what u want to do with the server.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 01:27:17 pm »
The solution of all problems is much easier, close the server - no abuse and no problems.

Seriously - make the game unplayable - then ban everyone that wants to bypass stupid "fixes" - I hope it's some kind of joke.

Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 01:37:39 pm »
Why would base raiding possibility imply unplayability of the game?

If by unplayability you mean that players that only care about storing stuff (arent those called nowadays hamsters?) will leave, then maybe it will be long-term necessary collateral damage.

But, what if beyond those players who leave, (which being honest, are those who bring less value since they do not interact) a new population of interactive players is established? Players who are not afraid of losing stuff, because they know that with the right skill, stuff comes back from other sources. And that is in the end, the meaning of GAME DYNAMICS, stuff that flows, in other words, stuff that does not get stacked (just like it is now). 

In my conclusion, Id like to add that I firmly believe that is the passive stacking of resources what kills the game and its dynamic, and that by any means it should be avoided. Just advocate for a free world with less limitations!