May 21, 2024, 02:02:52 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: 2 years later, and there's STILL no proper endgame item implementation.  (Read 12644 times)

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Hate to say it buds, but spawning power armor and implants in a reno available to bluesuits wasn't a good implementation, and neither is making them only available from COMPLETELY RANDOM special encounters.
To my knowledge the "new and improved" glow & ares rocket silo dungeons don't even spawn these endgame items.

Combat armor gets boring relatively quick, and people won't use the scarce few sets of power armor that are only obtainable from special encounters until they are replaceable in some way. Perhaps one guy will bring a PA into TC/pvp now and then; get killed easily because he'll be focus fired and PA isn't that good, and then his looters will stash it in their tent for eternity, never to be seen again.

When is this gonna happen? IS it ever going to happen? Personally, I doubt it, but I still wanted to make the suggestion to add a very rare spawn of some of these high-tier items at the end of a tough dungeon. I hope the dev team doesn't take my gruff demeanor in an offensive way and considers my suggestion sincerely, as I wouldn't be making it if I didn't want this game to improve in some way. Take it as a brutal honesty.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: 2 years later, and there's STILL no proper endgame item implementation.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 07:08:11 pm »
This observation has been made many times, both specifically about PA and about other tier 4 items. I believe the fix is to add multiple super-duper dungeons, but that is a TON of work. The easy way was simply to add them to Reno and Warehouse lockers. So when you say, "spawning power armor and implants in a reno available to bluesuits wasn't a good implementation", people already know it wasn't the best, but at least it was something. We did see PA in TC. Not any more.

A Glance-Back Comparison
There was a time when support perks did not exist outside of the leveling system. Some dev(s) split out some perks into Support perks. The idea was they would be available via quests, but the quests were not added yet, so they simply made the support perks available via dialogue with NPCs. Too easy, but at least it allowed Support Perks to happen. Again we have an example of a good thing in this game, but where full implementation requires a TON of work, ie making new maps (like Klamath tanker and GR mutant cave). So a shortcut was used, and that's how it was with tier 4 items last season - they were available too readily, but at least they were available. Only 1 quest/dungeon was added for tier 4 items: the newest Special Encounter, the robot bunker. Additionally, an older SE was altered for this too: the little empty Gauss bunker.

What To Do?
That leads us to what its going to take to flesh this all out. The mapper and dialogue editor are tools available for download. Any of us can use them. There is far more work to do than any couple of developers can handle, so dig in! It's not as easy as donating money though - it's time-consuming work. Slowhand has done an amazing amount of work to document and explain how to do developer stuff. If you're interested, you should certainly check out his posts!

If we the players don't do this, then we should expect that in ten years we'll still have some degree of this same problem, even though surely some content will be added by then. My point is, if we don't build it, then let's not complain about it not being where we want it to be. Also i suggest tier 4 item availability last season was better than now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:20:42 pm by Henry »

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 07:58:08 pm »
This observation has been made many times, both specifically about PA and about other tier 4 items. I believe the fix is to add multiple super-duper dungeons, but that is a TON of work. The easy way was simply to add them to Reno and Warehouse lockers. So when you say, "spawning power armor and implants in a reno available to bluesuits wasn't a good implementation", people already know it wasn't the best, but at least it was something. We did see PA in TC. Not any more.

A Glance-Back Comparison
There was a time when support perks did not exist outside of the leveling system. Some dev(s) split out some perks into Support perks. The idea was they would be available via quests, but the quests were not added yet, so they simply made the support perks available via dialogue with NPCs. Too easy, but at least it allowed Support Perks to happen. Again we have an example of a good thing in this game, but where full implementation requires a TON of work, ie making new maps (like Klamath tanker and GR mutant cave). So a shortcut was used, and that's how it was with tier 4 items last season - they were available too readily, but at least they were available. Only 1 quest/dungeon was added for tier 4 items: the newest Special Encounter, the robot bunker. Additionally, an older SE was altered for this too: the little empty Gauss bunker.

What To Do?
That leads us to what its going to take to flesh this all out. The mapper and dialogue editor are tools available for download. Any of us can use them. There is far more work to do than any couple of developers can handle, so dig in! It's not as easy as donating money though - it's time-consuming work. Slowhand has done an amazing amount of work to document and explain how to do developer stuff. If you're interested, you should certainly check out his posts!

If we the players don't do this, then we should expect that in ten years we'll still have some degree of this same problem, even though surely some content will be added by then. My point is, if we don't build it, then let's not complain about it not being where we want it to be. Also i suggest tier 4 item availability last season was better than now.

It's likely as simple as editing a text file to change the spawns in magic boxes. They don't need players to make this happen. As an added note, it would be foolish to download those tools and make something only for it to be rejected or "AFTER WIPE(TM)"'d.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 08:10:51 pm »
I still wanted to make the suggestion to add a very rare spawn of some of these high-tier items at the end of a tough dungeon.
Maybe I'm blind or something, but I don't see any "tough dungeon" maps and scripts attached to this thread

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »
I still wanted to make the suggestion to add a very rare spawn of some of these high-tier items at the end of a tough dungeon.
Maybe I'm blind or something, but I don't see any "tough dungeon" maps and scripts attached to this thread

Why not add some harder NPCs to the implant special encounter and make it a repeatable dungeon?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 09:00:00 pm »
Well there are already several empty and already implemented maps that could have some hard enemies thrown in and be instantly transformed into awesome dungeons such as sierra and mariposa. It is very sad to see these maps with nothing but a couple dogs and weak turrets in them and nothing spawning.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 09:38:12 pm »

Why not add some harder NPCs to the implant special encounter and make it a repeatable dungeon?
Those encounters wouldn't be special anymore.
Although making dungeons like "maps" in Path of Exile would be a good idea, with random generating of enemies, their gear, experience you gain, their resistances, random bosses, and random loot, with 1-try entrance (go in and die or go trough it), so you never know what you'll get but there's few problems. (Rules randomly generated from the selected categories and lists, ranging from the loot/enemies/extras, like double exp/lowered resistance to random thing/boss is twice stronger and so on)
It's hard to script randomly geared humanoid npcs, hard to attach ai to it, and everystuff with "random" in name is hard to do due to that no one categorized items/npcs/maps/random numbers
Next problem would be the maps, you would need randomly choosen map out of like at least 10 maps so it's not the always same one, maps must have only 1 entrance and no grids to the final boss (you can now quit, but you won't fight boss and get the best l00t and exp or u can go trough to the end).
And the last thing is if players really want this.

If other server devs would be less butthurty and selfish, we would have more stuff available to use but now... you can do nothing or start making it by yourself.

Well there are already several empty and already implemented maps that could have some hard enemies thrown in and be instantly transformed into awesome dungeons such as sierra and mariposa. It is very sad to see these maps with nothing but a couple dogs and weak turrets in them and nothing spawning.
Make them instanced dungeons, making them glow-alike would make from it campfest, no matter how you'll try to limit it by game rules/scripts. Of course if there is anything really worth.

Personally I would see randomly generated caves/city map encounters with enemies to exp, than walking on world map and killing one big focking thousand of centaurs and floaters.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:45:36 pm by Ion Cannon »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 01:43:41 am »
I still say either add them to patrols or just get rid of them entirely. There really is no "good" solution.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 03:29:11 am »
End game items are either too common or too rare.
If you ask me, making PA common, and making APA make an appearance would be interesting.
The game won't be ruined by making CA more common, so how would common PA ruin it?
In Maintenance Mode.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 07:48:34 am »
As an added note, it would be foolish to download those tools and make something only for it to be rejected or "AFTER WIPE(TM)"'d.

Such a nice excuse. Lemme use it too!

"It would be foolish to waste time to make a long tough dungeon just to be drowned in tears of those who don't like it 2 weeks later."

Btw: show me ANY player-made dungeon that has been rejected by us. Yeah, you can't do it, because you know what? 2 years later, and nobody has ever made something like that. It's much easier just to post a topic with complaints :)

Anyway, this is hardly any suggestion, just another load of tears about getting unique gear, so I'll move it where it belongs.

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 11:10:55 am »
As an added note, it would be foolish to download those tools and make something only for it to be rejected or "AFTER WIPE(TM)"'d.

Such a nice excuse. Lemme use it too!

"It would be foolish to waste time to make a long tough dungeon just to be drowned in tears of those who don't like it 2 weeks later."

Btw: show me ANY player-made dungeon that has been rejected by us. Yeah, you can't do it, because you know what? 2 years later, and nobody has ever made something like that. It's much easier just to post a topic with complaints :)

Anyway, this is hardly any suggestion, just another load of tears about getting unique gear, so I'll move it where it belongs.

Tears this, tears that. Keep coming up with excuses to not develop the game you lord over, you lazy faggot.

I should add that I know someone personally who submitted a map that got rejected back in 2013. Perhaps give me a chance to respond to your question before moving my thread to the "threads that I, the GREAT KILGORE, didn't like" section, you condescending prick?

Quite annoying to offer a legitimate suggestion and have the owner of the server be completely and utterly shocked at the idea of working on the game, expecting the players to do all the work for him. I would rather see this game in the hands of a shit-throwing shit-eating chimpanzee than in the hands of you, the guy who managed to delay a wipe for over a year only to add what essentially amounted to nothing. I tried being nice and keeping it civil but your passive-aggressive cunt response has pushed me over the edge.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:19:32 am by Rando »

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 11:31:31 am »
This thread is like "hey guys, do more content, u lazy faggots".
Like, for real?
2015 and you DEMAND from others to do things for you for FREE.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 11:36:01 am »
for FREE!

I think this point needed to be a little more illustrated.

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 11:41:49 am »
Yep, I can do nothing for free too. I'm doing it as we speak. As much as Kilgore probably appreciates you guys licking his taint, you should try not being grovelling little cuckolds for once.

As a serious response to your post: If you're not willing to develop the game further it should be given to someone who IS willing to do so. I'm sure Kilgore will say no one has wanted to, but the reality is likely that no effort has been made to find anyone to take over the project. Kilgore continues to be one of the most unapologetically lazy "developers" or "server owners" I've seen in any online game period, and yet people still defend him.

I recall making the mistake of supporting the server with a $5 donation to have one of my maxed implant characters rerolled last session, when I messaged him about it he IMMEDIATELY dumped me on DocAN. I feel for that guy.

If any effort has been made to find new developers for this game, and they declined - I'm sure the reason would be that nobody wanted to work under Kilgore's iron fist, the one and only iron fist of FOnline:Reloaded that is filled with so much unwarranted self-importance that he feels like he deserves to call the shots in a game he has no idea how to modify or improve in any way.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:48:10 am by Rando »

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 11:48:14 am »
Yep, I can do nothing for free too. I'm doing it as we speak. As much as Kilgore probably appreciates you guys licking his taint, you should try not being grovelling little cuckolds for once.

As a serious response to your post: If you're not willing to develop the game further it should be given to someone who IS willing to do so. I'm sure Kilgore will say no one has wanted to, but the reality is likely that no effort has been made to find anyone to take over the project.
I'm licking him so hard that I'm on the edge of ban since two years, i didn't give more fucks than just to read some cry posts on forum.                 
PS If you think Kilgore is worst dev ever, try playing and working for FOnline2 server guys, you would go back there in no time.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:51:19 am by Ion Cannon »