May 15, 2024, 03:59:24 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: fun dungeon/tc loot  (Read 5913 times)

Beer

• View Profile
Re: fun dungeon/tc loot
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 01:23:40 pm »
its shitty idea because all dungeons currently soloable ...
Lmao no Ares is impossible to solo this session, but yeah every other dungeon than Ares is possible to solo

There are world-map dungeons on fo2, solo palyers got no chance to beat em, because they're scouted by pvp players with their pr0 uber gangs. so they get swarmed and die.
Connecting pvp with pve killed those features and overally the server fo2.
PvE should be totally separated, with minimal risk saved, because this is somewhat - a fallout universe, making it more casual makes more players - more players play, more are interested into pvp, that how it goes, not the way around.

dungeons shouldnt be soloable in first place , and buffing the loot doesnt change anything ... gangs cant guard dungeons 24/7
Trust me, they can.

If we want the best choice - we can take a look at TLAmk2 private dungeons, they're fun, people mostly are playing bcuz of them, separating overally pvp from pve is the way mmos work, connecting pvp with pve makes casuals and solo players which are the biggest group opressed by smaller pvp oriented group of players, which got fun at destroying other players, even in jumpsuits.
(Ofc this is not a cry post, if u want to pvp pro server, look at fo2 and u see that 50 players hurr durr, have fun there)
There are private dungeons like gunrunner mutant quest and there are more on the way as well, though rare loot should not come from private dungeons because it is too easily farmable imo. BTW the PvP pro server is aop with 4 players lol.

Though I agree the life of the game comes from having many of the noobier casuals playing and makes it better for all players even PvP apes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:31:54 pm by Beer »

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 01:50:06 pm »
The system right now is nice. Problem is that there's a lack of dungeons to do. There's V15, Glow, Ares and Warehouse. There's a small sewer system below reno too. That's not much really.

Keeping these are public is fine, there shouldn't be a major problem if there's a good amount of them. Right now you can safely do V15 and Glow and you'll rarely run into other players.

Dungeons being possible to solo is fine in my book too. The best situation would be a large amount of dungeons, where some are soloable (eg: right now glow and v15) and some dungeons would force you to use a team (eg: Ares). This way there's something for everyone.

I'm 95% agains't TLA dungeons. Yes they are all nice and dandy, but they completely kill any player interaction, bullets or not. You've got all these players doing these private dungeons, never leaving their bases. Causing towns and other places to always be dead. It's vital to avoid that in Reloaded, make sure players interact with eachother one way or another.

A good thing from TLA could be those random raiders camps that spawn on the worldmap. Public yes, but not as easily scouted since their location is random. NPC's invading towns is also a neat little thing i'd love to see. having raiders invade NCR for example, tie some rewards to helping a town out. (points for each damage you inflict on hostile NPC's that invade, exchangable for drugs/caps/ammo.) Hell you could make NCR a joinable faction, and slap some repeatable missions on it where random pve players can work together.

MMO's are social things, so anything that forces player interaction is a good thing. And I agree that some players who absolutely hate pvp should not be forced into it, and should have their own set of features to play with. Caravans are already nice, but should have rep penalties bound to shooting friendlies to help prevent teambleeding/griefing.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 04:02:34 pm »
I will tell You what happend in session 2 on fo2. Few days after wipe Rogues occupied sierra 24/7 and got tones of t4. After it Sot/ RDA did the same. After it BBS did it. Rest people on server were poor as fuck till majority of pvp players stopped playing.

There is no point to put top tier stuff inside dungeons. You know how it would look?

UV, BSG, BBS would have all rares on server and rest will be just scuming to buy several gauss pistols.

salty_captain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 06:44:53 pm »
goose, private dungeons that arent soloable are a social thing for the group doing them. thats pve player interaction and its a good thing to have a player choose whether he wants to play with his team doing pve or pvp.

mkhammer, the suggestion isnt about top tier stuff just small upgrades

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2015, 06:59:13 pm »
Always people will find a exploit how to make solo somthing. No point to make harder things. Sometimes doing dungeon with smaller group is better idea than swarming.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2015, 07:14:35 pm »
Lmao no Ares is impossible to solo this session, but yeah every other dungeon than Ares is possible to solo

There are world-map dungeons on fo2, solo palyers got no chance to beat em, because they're scouted by pvp players with their pr0 uber gangs. so they get swarmed and die.
PvE should be totally separated, with minimal risk saved, because this is somewhat - a fallout universe, making it more casual makes more players - more players play, more are interested into pvp, that how it goes, not the way around.

dungeons shouldnt be soloable in first place , and buffing the loot doesnt change anything ... gangs cant guard dungeons 24/7
Trust me, they can.

If we want the best choice - we can take a look at TLAmk2 private dungeons, they're fun, people mostly are playing bcuz of them, separating overally pvp from pve is the way mmos work, connecting pvp with pve makes casuals and solo players which are the biggest group opressed by smaller pvp oriented group of players, which got fun at destroying other players, even in jumpsuits.
(Ofc this is not a cry post, if u want to pvp pro server, look at fo2 and u see that 50 players hurr durr, have fun there)
There are private dungeons like gunrunner mutant quest and there are more on the way as well, though rare loot should not come from private dungeons because it is too easily farmable imo. BTW the PvP pro server is aop with 4 players lol.

Though I agree the life of the game comes from having many of the noobier casuals playing and makes it better for all players even PvP apes.

well ares is soloable from what i have seen but shhh

salty_captain

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 07:32:04 pm »
Always people will find a exploit how to make solo somthing. No point to make harder things. Sometimes doing dungeon with smaller group is better idea than swarming.

not true, sierra dungeon fo2 impossible to solo

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2015, 08:09:43 pm »
now ye, but before wipe i did it lot of times solo/2 people with t3 stuff. I know many poeople who soled it.

We got 10 people outside guarding and 2 people inside farming for whole day.

salty_captain

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2015, 08:12:48 pm »
yeah but its been fixed and it works now. so it IS possible to make a non solo dungeon

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2015, 08:14:33 pm »
but nobody now use this dungeon beacuse of holodisc. I think its still possible to solo it by using mines/c4. Ask Acosta about it, he spent many time there.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2015, 09:21:52 pm »

Trust me, they can.

well ares is soloable from what i have seen but shhh
I've not heard of anyone soloing it this session and do not see how it would be possible as it can't even be done in groups of 2-3 from what I've seen personally.

salty_captain

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2015, 10:30:20 pm »
holodisk is hunger games reward it has been tested many times already, you need a group over 5. But a hard dungeon like this is not a good pvp dungeon because of backstab, but perfect for a private dungeon that a faction group can go do.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2015, 10:54:02 pm »
holodisk is hunger games reward it has been tested many times already, you need a group over 5. But a hard dungeon like this is not a good pvp dungeon because of backstab, but perfect for a private dungeon that a faction group can go do.

First of all that fo2 sever is empty now and nobody give a fuck about those hunger games. Hunger games were good in session2. I dont care about fo2, that server will die in future, their dev team is cancer for fonline community, they never release source and all I heard from their dev team on ts was laughing how shit reloaded is. Now I am laughing when I hear new dramas about abusing/cheating in dev faction or stories about censorship on their forum.

Reloaded just need more dungeons and events(pure pvE) and almost all fonline community will come here.

Good idea would be to put some unique items into dungeons which You cant get by crafting, farming etc. For example some collectable items, which You can donate for some extra reward in protected cities. Like donating alpha male DC egg to hub and receive 50k exp for it.

It depends to developers what they want do with those places.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:07:05 pm by mkhammer »

salty_captain

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2015, 11:08:43 pm »
Ok so you agree that we need more dungeons, pve and unique items in dungeons and thats exactly what my suggestion is about. Weapon and armor upgrades would be perfect top loot found in dungeons. The idea would be appealing to fo2 community that comes to reloaded

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2015, 11:23:19 pm »
Ok so you agree that we need more dungeons, pve and unique items in dungeons and thats exactly what my suggestion is about. Weapon and armor upgrades would be perfect top loot found in dungeons. The idea would be appealing to fo2 community that comes to reloaded

more than 50% fo2 community is banned or just quitted that game for ages.

Weapon/armor upgrades can introduce a lot of unfairness in pvp so I would be cautious in that issue. If You mean items with extra durable then good, but not gattlings +4 range, rather I would prefer extra exp.

If there would be random boss inside dungeon which would provide extra 500k exp for killer, lot of people could start doing dungeons instead killing enclave/floaters.

Let's try to think about simple things, which can be coded easily.