May 13, 2024, 07:35:03 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Change the Ammo for the Vindicator to 2mm Gauss ammo.  (Read 9250 times)

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Change the Ammo for the Vindicator to 2mm Gauss ammo.
« on: September 02, 2015, 03:21:37 am »
This is so that 4.7 Caseless ammo can be crafted, No one uses the G11/G11e, because everyone with the 4.7 ammo uses it inside of a vindicator.

Vindicator ammo should be rare, so changing it to 2mm would mean that the ammo would still be rare, but now if 4.7 ammo becomes craftable people will start using the G11/G11e in PVE or in combat.

It'd also be interesting to see VC and San Fran/HUBOLOGY patrols use the G11 in combat to add to their status as technologically advanced without making farming 4.7 Caseless being a bad thing.
In Maintenance Mode.

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Change the Ammo for the Vindicator to 2mm Gauss ammo.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 06:22:34 am »
The G11 isn't used because it's so average, when compared to p90, G11 and G11e are both outmatched.

If we could craft them with bonuses they may be utilised more, but I think the p90 would still be better. G11e has a nice single shot mode when aiming eyes, but the .223 pistol outclasses it except in the case of extremely high crit rolls. Now that SMGs cant be used by sneaks there are no combat builds that even consider the G11 as a viable weapon.

As for the vindi shooting 2mm and making 4.7 craftable, I'm not sure, sounds reasonable.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 06:57:48 am »
I mostly want the G11 and caseless to make an appearance in the game, it doesn't have to be special to do so, IRL it was never made in bulk due to being so unreliable.

I'm mostly interested in just having it around for RP purposes. We do have Lugers and other weapons that can be made but no one will ever use.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 11:23:19 am »
I mostly want the G11 and caseless to make an appearance in the game, it doesn't have to be special to do so, IRL it was never made in bulk due to being so unreliable.

I'm mostly interested in just having it around for RP purposes. We do have Lugers and other weapons that can be made but no one will ever use.

Thats why I made in suggestions some thread about changing low and mid tier weapons to be more powerfull. Just in use in PvE, it will not change high PvP as TC etc.
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 11:31:55 am »
Thats why I made in suggestions some thread about changing low and mid tier weapons to be more powerfull. Just in use in PvE, it will not change high PvP as TC etc.

Balancing issues that will break the game even further.

Arcanix

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 12:34:35 pm »
Make that goddamn 4.7mm craftable anyway.
I can suggest an experiment : boost all weapons damage dealt to PvE monsters by 50%, and lower damage of all weapons by 1/3, so PvP fights will be longer, while PvE will be fun.

Sounds good. Then make perks work as they used to, changing their nature is a slippery slope. Instead of changing the nature of bonus ranged damage just add another perk to cover whatever gameplay is needed. May it be PvE or PvP builds. Soon maybe even raid builds.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 01:15:54 pm »
I can suggest an experiment : boost all weapons damage dealt to PvE monsters by 50%, and lower damage of all weapons by 1/3, so PvP fights will be longer, while PvE will be fun.

And disable combat on run maybe?  :facepalm
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 02:09:35 pm »
You can't be serious. Lowering PvP damage? Its already damn near impossible to kill someone if you are the only one shooting him because they can stim back all the damage unless you do it a loooong time or if you are hexing or something

Arcanix

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 02:11:23 pm »
Actually, they use 200% FA skill medic now. At 200% FA you have a chance to proc max heals with less APs required to use a super stim.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 02:14:52 pm »
No more lowering dmg and no more such a bullshit. Everyone now to save almost every dmg point try to burst from close ranges, especially miniguns cause dmg is bullshit...
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 03:15:48 pm »
Actually, they use 200% FA skill medic now. At 200% FA you have a chance to proc max heals with less APs required to use a super stim.
Actually no they don't because fa takes 5 ap in real time. Same as super stims. Some people have 200% but that's because no level cap and it only works once then has cooldown

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 03:28:22 pm »
No more lowering dmg and no more such a bullshit. Everyone now to save almost every dmg point try to burst from close ranges, especially miniguns cause dmg is bullshit...
Do you even crit burst.

Yes, quiet often...whats the point?
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 03:42:42 pm »
It certainly does not unless you are a sniper or crappy build. The answer is not to increase shitty weapon damage or nerf player damage but for you to learn good builds and how to fight.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 03:45:08 pm »
The point is to boost tier 0-1-2 dmg to monsters by 50%, and overally reduce all damage dealt to players by ANY weapon by 1/4 or by 1/3 to make the fights last a little bit longer, giving fun to everyone.
Like now sneaker with lsw kills anybody on 1 and half burst, so please.

So you want buff dmg all guns even tier 1,2 (mausers, hunting rifles, etc) against critters while making less dmg against players?
GUN FOR HIRE

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 04:18:51 pm »
The point is to boost tier 0-1-2 dmg to monsters by 50%, and overally reduce all damage dealt to players by ANY weapon by 1/4 or by 1/3 to make the fights last a little bit longer, giving fun to everyone.
Like now sneaker with lsw kills anybody on 1 and half burst, so please.

So you want buff dmg all guns even tier 1,2 (mausers, hunting rifles, etc) against critters while making less dmg against players?
Yes, why not.

I'm not saying anything, for me it's okay.
If you would see my post in suggestion about buffing low-mid tier a little, you would know that I want bring more guns and variety in PvE, not changing PvP ant TC in Top-Gear case.
GUN FOR HIRE