May 15, 2024, 02:41:05 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: CAMPANIOS COME BACK!  (Read 8215 times)

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
CAMPANIOS COME BACK!
« on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:12 pm »
I know campanions was 2 bad ass wen i had 3x with gatling or 3 super mutants + slaves but please bring them back !!!
Reasons:
-protect the base
-on wastes
-dont lower ther stats just make them no activ on pvp zones ( or meke them activ if sombody shoots the player
 so they are like bodygards not a pvp russian solution (basterds btw)
- i loved them becuse i was going on wastes in real time a i know if some pk whants to kill me or even 2x they are dead meet
 now if u meet 2x people pk ur dead :(

DONT CHANGE THER STATS JUST BRING THEM BACK AND CHANGE THEM IN THE WAY THAT THEY WILL ATACK PEOPLE THAT ATACK YOU (but on wold map and "no pvp zones" just like they ware) its hadr do do nice campanion char u need almoust all inplants so no big amount of people will use them  AND ban russians thats is) 

PLEASE!!! who is with me say yes ! :D rofl Kilgore do something
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:44:10 pm by MacReady »
King Kong anin't got shit on me!

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
Re: CAMPANIOS COME BACK!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:46:53 pm »
Comeone people SAY something

FastNick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 12:54:42 pm »
you want to stand and shoot ppl and when they shoot back your army will do the rest

:facepalm

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 02:14:31 pm »
Would that really be such a bad thing?

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 02:27:13 pm »
Yes I miss this too. I understand companions (wastelanders) not being capable of shooting other players, since they respawn.

But mercenaries? Isn't the whole point with mercenaries that you spend a hella lot of money to get an NPC that aids you in combat? Why can't they shoot players? They don't respawn and they aren't exactly cheap to buy and maintain.
And best of all, they take more PP than companions. So it makes no sense for them to not have any value in pvp or base defence.

Slaves are the same for that matter: Not that strong, don't respawn, need effort to capture and they need jet for maintenance. So why can't we have them shoot at players?

Give charisma some love and give leader builds a reason to exist again. Those are completely usseles as it is.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 02:54:31 pm »
Buy mercenaries if you want bodyguards, free mercs as companions was a very bad feature.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 04:36:50 pm »
Buy mercenaries if you want bodyguards, free mercs as companions was a very bad feature.

Mercenaries do not shoot players, nor do slaves.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 05:43:54 pm »
I see some don't remember or hope that people don't remember old mercs times...

Got only those from tc/reno pvp (both standing/hiding in city with mers or grid spawning all packs of them - nades muties were awesome :D) but there was also camping in Mariposa workbench level but I don't have screen for that.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 06:02:28 pm »
Good times yes, but I suspect the above (awesome) screens are the reason why no type of followers shoot players anymore.

That could be solved by tying merc prices (+30% per merc?) to a faction. Meaning that getting many mercs will get progressively more expensive. Trying to cheat this system by bringing mercs from a different faction is a bad idea, as the mercs will just shoot eachother.

That said, if somoene still is willing to throw a neverending amount of alts and caps at it, then he deserves to do so. He'll run out of funds quick enough in any case.

edit: Though doesn't this thread better belong in suggestions?

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 06:17:58 pm »
That could be solved by tying merc prices (+30% per merc?) to a faction. Meaning that getting many mercs will get progressively more expensive. Trying to cheat this system by bringing mercs from a different faction is a bad idea, as the mercs will just shoot eachother.

That said, if somoene still is willing to throw a neverending amount of alts and caps at it, then he deserves to do so. He'll run out of funds quick enough in any case.
That solves nothing as it can be easily baypassed.

Good times yes, but I suspect the above (awesome) screens are the reason why no type of followers shoot players anymore.
Meh, those are first one I could find and if I were a F3 type of player that I would get better ones :) you might find some mercs actions in old pvp videos.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:20:24 pm by mojuk »

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 06:27:21 pm »

That solves nothing as it can be easily baypassed.

Care to explain how they would do that? I'm sure its an issue that could be solved with some simple changes.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 06:41:41 pm »
Care to explain how they would do that? I'm sure its an issue that could be solved with some simple changes.
In few ways, easiest one would be to have leader alts not added to faction (no increasing merc price) with mercs on worldmap, team inside at safe distance from grid, sneaker watching grid, enemy spawns, drop mercs, rush weakened enemies. (you can always flee mercs to wm if needed when town team attack but usually you won't care since they will be almost dead anyway and you can easily run over them while running over enemies with low hp/ap. And caps is not an issue almost in every case, ask people from factions controlling towns now how rich they are ;)

zinthos

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 07:47:20 pm »
this thread again...
anyway i think companions and mercs could be used for pvp but with some limits, like disable them during TC and in possible future dungeons or maybe limit their number per char. btw the base-guarding followers are confirmed to be back after wipe (see To Reload the Reloaded)

LagMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 03:20:34 pm »
companions cannot attack other players at all?

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 05:13:42 pm »
yes they cant now. But this is great During the TC  dissable Campanions and slaves + in Towns that shoud Solve the problem of Swarm russians in pvp and we can se what ahappens THAT IS A GOOD THING  kilgore pliz anwser and give this some thinking.